Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.
Please can I get any answers to my question
You do need to exercise some patience when you post and need others to contribute to your post you know.
1. There's no need to worry about the newness of the birth certificate. Worst case scenario, you take both the old and the new birth certificates along to your interview. If questions are raised about the newness of the one you're using, explain why you applied for the new one and present the old one also.
2. WAEC name order arrangements viz a viz birth certificate and passport has already been discussed on this Thread, with the last discussion being just a couple of posts above yours. Please refer to it. The response provided by @nanayaw is applicable to your case.
Thank you so much. God bless you.
You welcome Nana_we gonna open the Visa Flood gate just as Our predecssors did esp. Citizen K, Jay_on_ice and others did back 2015
Welcome aboard @Dalin_
@Nana Kofi & @Dalin_is your CN current for October?
To eliminate your doubt, i just felt it's important for me to share this.
Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.
Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.
We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.
US Embassy Accra
Wooow happy to hear that.
Sep 19, 2014 ReportLikeReply Courtesy of Dunamis
Noted. Thank you.
Yes, it's current for October but I found out that I've been selected pretty late thus my DS260 was submitted on August 1st. I pray it's processed early enough so I can have my interview in October or November.
You will definitely not be getting an October interview due to the late submission, ILs for those interviewing in October will be going out in the next couple of days. There's no way KCC would have processed your form for them to schedule your interview. A November interview is equally dicey.
No please. I'm looking forward to December or January interview cos my case number is 20xxx
I have few questions.
1. I would like to change my host, from my girlfriend to a very close elderly friend. You advise I unlock and change now or wait and change at the interview/POE? I hope it wouldn't raise an unnecessary suspicion at the interview.
2. Aside my professional career, I have a campus based group (legally registered as a business) that I started years back but I routinely recruit students to run things so basically I haven't been directly in charge. When my name is googled, the results indicate I'm the CEO and Founder although is more or less a voluntary establishment that helps students nationwide but not for profit. I don't see it as an employment since it's more like a legally registered and formalized hobby. Besides it is not related to my professional career at all...it's more like service to the nation thus I didn't indicate that on the DS260 as part of the employment history. What do you advise? I unlock and include or be silent on it and explain in case the CO asks about it at the interview.
Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.
1) Unnecessary to unlock
2) You can explain to the CO when asked about it.
Or the gurus here may give you better options.
No please. I'm looking forward to December or January interview cos my case number is 20xxx[/QUOTE]
You're free to stay with whomever you wish to, BUT the closeness of your relation with the host will be gauged. Otherwise have an affidavit of support handy.
Work is work, whether it has a relation with your educational background or not. Some people work full time, double shifts, others part time, some work one day a week... It's all work. Some people establish very big businesses, resign and receive royalties. Your experience though depends on your level of involvement.
You're really the best judge to your second question.
In addition to moms post above, many people do not realize that the biometric birth certificate is only a certified copy of an entry in the births registry. It's good you acquired the new one by submitting the old. So the registration numbers on both should be the same.
Thanks @Lucid and @nanayaw. @Britsimon and @Sm1smom. Any suggestion in relation to whether changing the address will raise any suspicion or result in a risk?
Separate names with a comma.