• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2018 DV Winners Meet Here!

won as single got married i added my wife to ds260 currently filling DS260 form i have this questions
1.we don't live together because currently we can't afford it so does it create problem if we have different current address?
2.i have university degree and almost four years work experience i am the principal applicant but my wife didn't finish high school and she was employed in the men barber shop for 3 years but can't prove with document do we need sponsor support /AOS?
3.Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address? what does this mean ?

You already have an issue with your case regarding DOB: your birth year is off by one year on your high school certificate, your eDV registration has a wrong date of birth, you got married after your DV selection and you are both living at difference places. Not looking good IMO!

Even if you're able to convince the CO of the genuineness of your marriage, I would expect them to be extremely concerned as to how you intend to live and support yourselves in the US if you both can't even afford to live together in your own country following your wedding.

1. My High-school transcript DOB is fixed and authenticated but my university degree is temporary it doesn't show DOB. The DOB issue still there i have to pay my loans before they consider my case which i can't afford but i will find a way. I have state authenticated birth certificate.

2. My eDV registration I have informed KCC, they have told me only the CO is the one to decide. Only the date is wrong, month and year are correct. I am used to d/m/y I think it got me confused at the time. I wasn't I aware until I tried to login to my D260 then I wrote email to them that I wasn't able to login with screenshot attached they told me it didn't match their record but and added that they can't tell me any more information after trial and error I found out I put it in this order m/m/y.

3. Ethiopian system don't reward educated people that is why we can't afford to live together I have degree with good grades plus international professional certificates from USA IT companies i have worked since i graduated.my profession is high on demand in the USA and i can support myself and wife if i got the chance to live in the states.

4. About the address we will rent condominium. I was saving for entrance payment and medical but I guess I have to find another way our current address will match.

5.i got married because we have been through a lot we have sacrificed a lot to be together living apart 3 to 5 years without guarantee it will be successful or not it will hurt us both so bad I would rather get denied than lose her. We will bring everything proving material we have and we try our very best to correct every material and thank you

@SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom for your advice.

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
ANS:-NO
I WILL BE GETTING MY MEDICAL DONE BEFORE I HAVE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW.
is this the correct way to answer this question since i don't have the documentation.

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
ANS:-NO
I WILL BE GETTING MY MEDICAL DONE BEFORE I HAVE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW.
is this the correct way to answer this question since i don't have the documentation.

Your response is correct.

Your response is correct.
Sm1smom..... i put yes i hope it will not cause problems? i read a lot about documentation vaccination question a lot answer suggest either yes or no is correct ..because we must bring the medical report in any way ..

Sm1smom..... i put yes i hope it will not cause problems? i read a lot about documentation vaccination question a lot answer suggest either yes or no is correct ..because we must bring the medical report in any way ..

Yes that is correct, answering yes is technically not wrong since you would have done your medical exam before the interview.

hello friends, pls help me. I am from Ethiopia. I am new and get confused in filling the ds 260 form regarding
1. street address
2. zip codes
3. am a graduate of physics and a teacher. what shall I fill as my primary occupation
4. Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address?

pls help

Thank you all
ashe man

Hi thanks for your wonder full help.

when i filling ds-260 form it says ,highest level of education completed and under the drop down it list

1, high school, no degree
2, high school diploma
3, vocational school
4, university , no degree
5, university degree
6, master degree

so my problem is i am 4th year engineering student in wollo university so which one should i choice pleas???
thank you.

Hi @Britsimon, @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ,
I am back for more questions, your help is needed
we have celebrated our marriage moved out, collected every proving material about our relationship(historical photos, Instagram posts, call logs before and after marriage), birth certificate, marriage certificate, high school transcript, 10th and 12th national exams, university tempo degree(authenticated by Ministry of foreign affairs ) in order and authenticated plus work experience still waiting for 2nd notification letter.
my question is:-
1. Should I notify US embassy about my case in advance since I have two issues in my case:-
1.1. dv original entry birthdate problem date is the problem month and year are correct my full name is correct.
1.2. I am married after the selection but if we are given the opportunity to prove our relationship we can prove it.
2..Do we need AOS? I am professional with 4 and half year experience but my wife currently is unemployed and didn't finish high school?

Thank you

Hi @Britsimon, @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ,
I am back for more questions, your help is needed
we have celebrated our marriage moved out, collected every proving material about our relationship(historical photos, Instagram posts, call logs before and after marriage), birth certificate, marriage certificate, high school transcript, 10th and 12th national exams, university tempo degree(authenticated by Ministry of foreign affairs ) in order and authenticated plus work experience still waiting for 2nd notification letter.
my question is:-
1. Should I notify US embassy about my case in advance since I have two issues in my case:-
1.1. dv original entry birthdate problem date is the problem month and year are correct my full name is correct.
1.2. I am married after the selection but if we are given the opportunity to prove our relationship we can prove it.
2..Do we need AOS? I am professional with 4 and half year experience but my wife currently is unemployed and didn't finish high school?

Thank you

1. There’s no need to inform the embassy of anything prior to your interview. Just make sure your wife is included on your DS260 and you submitted a separate DS260 form for her also following your marriage - don’t know if you already did that.

2. The US embassy in Ethiopia typically relies on the host system is gauging public charge concerns (I’m assuming that is where your interview will be taking place). However, it never hurts to have an I-134 on hand as a backup evidence. And I’m assuming you’re the main selectee and not your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. There’s no need to inform the embassy of anything prior to your interview. Just make sure your wife is included 0n your DS260 and you submitted a separate DS260 form for her also following your marriage - don’t know if you already did that.

2. The US embassy in Ethiopia typically relies on the host system is gauging public charge concerns (I’m assuming that is where your interview will be taking place). However, it never hurts to have an I-134 on hand as a backup evidence. And I’m assuming you’re the main selectee and not your wife.
Thank you @Sm1smom for your prompt response, I have additional questions
1. I have added sperate ds260 for my wife we have submitted different ds260 under my case number.
2. yes, I am the main applicant.
3.Does work experience need authentication? if it does how is the process?
4.I am not related to my sponsor does it create a problem to get AOS?how long does it take to get AOS?
Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you @Sm1smom for your prompt response, I have additional questions
1. I have added sperate ds260 for my wife we have submitted different ds260 under my case number.
2. yes, I am the main applicant.
3.Does work experience need authentication? if it does how is the process?
4.I am not related to my sponsor does it create a problem to get AOS?how long does it take to get AOS?
Thank you

1. No question
2. No question
3. Not required
4. You’ll need to be able to explain the relationship between you and your sponsor. How long it takes to get it depends on how long it takes your sponsor to fill out the form and send it with the supporting documents to you.

February visa bultin favored to Ethiopians alot ethiopian case numbers added .I am on February bultin now time to autinticate documents .pls anyone from Ethiopia in 2018 batch tell us about affidavitant of support any one asked ??

HI It will be so selfish and not caring for others if i didn't didn't post my result here
okay i paid for my Original degree(13500) because my degree has the correct spelling and it will help find jobs in USA and about my spelling problems in 12th grade (ESCLC) THE Counselor didn't ask me about it
1NL=May 28 2017
DS-260 Sent=June 9 2017(never unlocked)
2nl=December 21 2018
Interview Date=February
Real Interview(i choose English for interview )
Co.Here is your Copy of Receipt (i take the receipt)
Co.Raise your hand..(i did) ..He said ..did you swear to tell the truth
Me.yes i do swear to tell the truth
Co.what highest education you have
Me.I have BSc in computer science and it
Co.what kind Computer .science..hardware or...
Me.Programming Language
Co.what kind programming language u like
Me.I like Csharp
Co.what is it?
Me.It is a modified version of C++
C0.what is a while loop
Me.it is an algorithm that iterate 4 or 5 times ..and it gives result ...
Co.what relationship you have with the host ..i don't want his name only relationship
Me.Family Friend
Co.Congratulation.. and he said Don't marry before go for the purpose of money ..you might lose the opportunity 15068_10201338352173323_1100814478_n.jpg
Me.i said ok..Thank-you vary much..
VISA ISSUED TODAY FEBURY 13/2018

Last edited: