• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2018 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hey Guys from ethiopia DV 2018 elects,let's help each other.
-If u submitted DS 260 form that is nice. If not I had submitted & I can help.
-next is preparing documents & have some questions on authentication process? So please let us discuss it?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/all-ethiopian-2017-dv-winners-meet-here.331323/ i have used information form this thread to correct my age on my high school transcript then i have authenticated in this order
1.First your High school (if you have spelling problem or age mismatch with your passport this the place to correct it, then authenticate at your school first this the most important step. )
2.Then go to Sub-city Education Office(the sub-city where your school located they only check the authentication from your school it will only take 5 - 10 minutes )
3.the go to Ethiopian education relevance and quality agency located Afncho bere round about Fikre Plaza 5th floor they will check the legitimacy of the school it will only take 15 minutes max.
4. last go to Minster of foreign affairs located Kazanchis they will charge you 150 birr this the only step you pay money.

Hello Guys am 2018 DV Winner.
Now am abroad and my families are live in Ethiopia. how can i change the interview place to Ethiopia?

I'm new here what should i do? Plz help

Start by re-reading your selectee notification letter, follow the instructions and click on all the links it contains.

Then return to the forum and post specific follow up questions you may still have after that. Asking what you should do is too broad of a question.

Hello Guys am 2018 DV Winner.
Now am abroad and my families are live in Ethiopia. how can i change the interview place to Ethiopia?

List the Ethiopian address as your current address then email KCC (assuming you've already submitted your DS form) to let them know you wish to be interviewed in Ethiopia.

one thing worries me i have posted it my concerns to britsimonsays he assured me i am good to go ..but i like to here exprince from Ethiopian friends
my worries my 10 and 12 grade certificates first name is like this "xxABExxx" but my degree /edv/ds-260/birth certificate/passport is "xxAEBxxx" letter e in different position .. while i submit my edv i sent considering my higher education degree..i try to change my certificates but they will not allow to change easily..please any one how has same issued advice
case num =12xxx
ds submited date =june 9
EXPECTED INTERVIEW date ???.....if i have time i work hard and pay cos sharing to get my official degree coz i am holding laminated temorary degree..
:) ...all things will be done according to what GOD plan for me...:)

Last edited:
@afrokume, I am also a selectee of DV2018 from Ethiopia. please send your phone to ethio1991 at yah. We will discus everything

Why does she need to send her phone number to your email account? Why aren't you providing a response in the open forum if you're able to guide her?

It might be an opportune time to remind people that you shouldn't be sending your personal details to strangers on the internet.

one thing worries me i have posted it my concerns to britsimonsays he assured me i am good to go ..but i like to here exprince from Ethiopian friends
my worries my 10 and 12 grade certificates first name is like this "xxABExxx" but my degree /edv/ds-260/birth certificate/passport is "xxAEBxxx" letter e in different position .. while i submit my edv i sent considering my higher education degree..i try to change my certificates but they will not allow to change easily..please any one how has same issued advice
case num =12xxx
ds submited date =june 9
EXPECTED INTERVIEW date ???.....if i have time i work hard and pay cos sharing to get my official degree coz i am holding laminated temorary degree..
:) ...all things will be done according to what GOD plan for me...:)

If you look through past reports you'll see that the problem of name misspelling or order on education certificates is quite common and hasn't been a problem. People have also used their temporary degrees to prove their education- I'm not sure though whether it is allowed to be laminated, maybe someone else can answer that. You'll need an official degree for moving to the US anyway though.