• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 South america and the Caribbean Selectees

The good and bad is determined by data collected on previous years. Based on this, case numbers for example starting with 21XX, will have a risk of not getting an interview while case numbers with 4XX or 5XX have better possibilities, as long as they submit their DS-260 on time. Hope this explanation helps and what is your case number after all?

Hi thanks for explanation, by 4XX i asume you mean 2018SA0000000400 - 2018SA0000000499? If thats is the case then my CN number is 8XX, i guess its neither good nor bad lol

Hi thanks for explanation, by 4XX i asume you mean 2018SA0000000400 - 2018SA0000000499? If thats is the case then my CN number is 8XX, i guess its neither good nor bad lol

I think you have a decent number with chance to get an interview. You just need now to sit down, relax, follow the instructions on the selected letter and try to check out the forum for updates on the Visa Bulletin in order to see when your case number gets an available slot :). What country are you from Rick?

I think you have a decent number with chance to get an interview. You just need now to sit down, relax, follow the instructions on the selected letter and try to check out the forum for updates on the Visa Bulletin in order to see when your case number gets an available slot :). What country are you from Rick?
Venezuela, reaaaally need to get out of this shthole.... lol

Venezuela, reaaaally need to get out of this shthole.... lol

I understand and over here in Panama we have a large community of people from Venezuela. I hope things work out for you and you are able to relocate to the U.S. in the near future.

congrats to everyone who got selected. I got CN SA20XX, which is pretty high but I have seen as high as SA25XX so I guess it's not that bad. From my research I have concluded:

1- Due to the high case numbers reported by some, mainly on OC and SA areas, it seems that the total number of winners selected if HIGH. Hopefully it isn't as high as 2014 and 2015.
2- For the most part, all or most regions become current (everyone gets to interview) by May the earliest, or September the latest, when the number of selectees is low. However, is the number of selectees is high, like 14-15, then none of the regions ever become current even by septermber which is the very last month at getting an interview. The highest number every reached for the SA region was 2500 in 2007 (around 82,000 selectees and SA became current by AUG), and 1750 in 2014 (around 140,000 selectees and SA never became current).
3- Assuming there is a high number of selectees for 2018, then it seems people who are safe are the ones who have a CN of 1750 or lower.

This is going to be a very long year. I need to know the total number of selectees for 2018 to accurately see how good or bad things are

Hi All, this i a great support forum. I have been selected this year on the 2018 results. However, i am from South America and my CN seems high 2018SA0000193x. I am not sure if i do have a real chance to even get an interview next year. I have all the paperwork ready because i live already in the US as an F1 student and most documents are the same. I am so nervous and anxious that i don't even know if it's worth even trying.

Thanks.

Hi All, this i a great support forum. I have been selected this year on the 2018 results. However, i am from South America and my CN seems high 2018SA0000193x. I am not sure if i do have a real chance to even get an interview next year. I have all the paperwork ready because i live already in the US as an F1 student and most documents are the same. I am so nervous and anxious that i don't even know if it's worth even trying.

Thanks.
Congrats on your selection and for now you can only wait and see what happens. What part of SA are you from?

congrats to everyone who got selected. I got CN SA20XX, which is pretty high but I have seen as high as SA25XX so I guess it's not that bad. From my research I have concluded:

1- Due to the high case numbers reported by some, mainly on OC and SA areas, it seems that the total number of winners selected if HIGH. Hopefully it isn't as high as 2014 and 2015.
2- For the most part, all or most regions become current (everyone gets to interview) by May the earliest, or September the latest, when the number of selectees is low. However, is the number of selectees is high, like 14-15, then none of the regions ever become current even by septermber which is the very last month at getting an interview. The highest number every reached for the SA region was 2500 in 2007 (around 82,000 selectees and SA became current by AUG), and 1750 in 2014 (around 140,000 selectees and SA never became current).
3- Assuming there is a high number of selectees for 2018, then it seems people who are safe are the ones who have a CN of 1750 or lower.

This is going to be a very long year. I need to know the total number of selectees for 2018 to accurately see how good or bad things are

Congrats on your selection @eaagleflight

Congrats on your selection and for now you can only wait and see what happens. What part of SA are you from?
I am from Venezuela, i know this year and probably half of the next is going to be a long wait for me. I really hope i can get a chance for an interview.

I am from Venezuela, i know this year and probably half of the next is going to be a long wait for me. I really hope i can get a chance for an interview.

I hope all goes well for you and for now just wait and see how the cases are developing for next year :)

Hi Guys!
I dont know if somebody can help me im trying ti send the e signature but he says that my case number does not much with the one i sign in..this been since yesterday?..Somebody else having this problem...what should i do?
Thanks!

Hi Guys!
I dont know if somebody can help me im trying ti send the e signature but he says that my case number does not much with the one i sign in..this been since yesterday?..Somebody else having this problem...what should i do?
Thanks!

You need to remove the leading zeros after 2018 from your CN, then you should be able to submit the form.

Hi. My CN is SA12XX. Any thoughts? I'm from T&T.

Hi @virgogirl

Welcome to the forum and I think you have a decent number compared to other cases with 21XX. You have to wait for next year and see how cases are moving and follow the instructions provided on the selected letter :) Congrats on your selection and I hope all is well over in T&T

Wife was selected from Grenada with a CN of 21XX, on the low side if 2100, but still a high number. Does becoming current mean that they get to everyone who was selected from that region? Not quite understanding how that works.

Last edited:
Hi @virgogirl

Welcome to the forum and I think you have a decent number compared to other cases with 21XX. You have to wait for next year and see how cases are moving and follow the instructions provided on the selected letter :) Congrats on your selection and I hope all is well over in T&T

Thanks for your reply @Pierre82 . From all the forums I have read I feel I have a 'safe-ish' number but you never know with these things. Just have to wait and see. Already submitted DS-260. Waiting game begins :(

Thanks for your reply @Pierre82 . From all the forums I have read I feel I have a 'safe-ish' number but you never know with these things. Just have to wait and see. Already submitted DS-260. Waiting game begins :(

Stay positive and lets hope you get a chance for an interview. No doubt that this year they have over selected.