• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 South america and the Caribbean Selectees

Im also form SA and my CN is 16xx, should I be optimistic?
When would you consider is the right time to send the DS 260? now? after October? January or waiting to be current?
Does it make a difference to send it prior being current?
Thanks??

Lets hope others from the SA Region share their good news been selected.
When would you consider is the right time to send the DS 260? now? after October? January or waiting to be current?
Thanks??

Thanks??

It takes them a few months to process it and you can only get scheduled for an interview when it has been processed , so do NOT wait till you are current to send it.

Thanks??

Your CN is high but for now you have to wait and see how the Visa Bulletin will move for next fiscal year.

Hi,

I was wondering: If you're selected and change your country of residency (from Latin America to Europe, for example), under which category would you fall in this case, SA or EU?

Thanks??

It might not be that high considering that almost 5000 people were selected for SA this year (record numbers).

325 for October, not terribly encouraging. We're @ 21**, at this rate, unless they pick up the rate a touch, we'll be out now luck. On schedule to hit 1900+ though.

325 for October, not terribly encouraging. We're @ 21**, at this rate, unless they pick up the rate a touch, we'll be out now luck. On schedule to hit 1900+ though.

At this point the "on schedule" aspect doesn't mean much.

If you have a 10 gallon bucket, you can fill it fast, or fill it slow - either way, it takes 10 gallons.

At this point the "on schedule" aspect doesn't mean much.

If you have a 10 gallon bucket, you can fill it fast, or fill it slow - either way, it takes 10 gallons.

Simon,
Do you happen to have the failure rate of those who get interviewed for SA? I saw you post something similar about another region being about 7%.

So, this thread isn't getting any attention. Anyone from SA or the Caribbean have any news?

I don't see lot of selectees from the SA Region use this forum. I know of another Spanish speaking forum that has a lot winners from our region. Try searching in google for Spanish speaking forums, since in our region the majority speaks Spanish :)