• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 South america and the Caribbean Selectees

jas2200

This thread was created specifically for selectees of the DV 2018 South America and Caribbean region to potentially ask questions about processing. All the best to everyone

Thank you Pierre! My husband is from Cuba! I am from EU.

I hope for you both, that you will get selected next year, too!!

I got selected with a pretty high number, which is kind of worrying! (close to 2100) :( Here comes months of crippling anxiety.

I am from Panama. Do you think that makes any difference?

I´m from Panama as well. Congrats on your selection and for now you have to wait and see how visas are processed during the year. Its very early for us to know at this moment what will happen. How many years you have been trying? :)

I´m from Panama as well. Congrats on your selection and for now you have to wait and see how visas are processed during the year. Its very early for us to know at this moment what will happen. How many years you have been trying? :)

Second year for me. Different family members have been trying for years without results though so they are all really happy for me.

Second year for me. Different family members have been trying for years without results though so they are all really happy for me.

The chances of winning this is very low around just 1%. This is my third year trying and without success. Your best friend now starting October will be the Visa Bulletin and check every month how visas are been processed. You can also stick around to this forum, that has a lot of people willing to help and provide guidance :)

The chances of winning this is very low around just 1%. This is my third year trying and without success. Your best friend now starting October will be the Visa Bulletin and check every month how visas are been processed. You can also stick around to this forum, that has a lot of people willing to help and provide guidance :)

It's gonna be a long year for me my friend.. I'll keep in touch and update as things happen. Thanks for the help.

Hi, can someone explain what is a good and a bad CN number? Thanks

The good and bad is determined by data collected on previous years. Based on this, case numbers for example starting with 21XX, will have a risk of not getting an interview while case numbers with 4XX or 5XX have better possibilities, as long as they submit their DS-260 on time. Hope this explanation helps and what is your case number after all?