• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Would love to talk to you, all is well, am working in one of the biggest hospitals in Manhattan. LIFE IS GOOD!
Hi dear Zegeret , you are working in Hospital I think you are health professional , I am a nurse came to to US recently so I need your help how to get Job in my profession thank you very much for your support

Hi dear Zegeret , you are working in Hospital I think you are health professional , I am a nurse came to to US recently so I need your help how to get Job in my profession thank you very much for your support
Hey, Yes I am, what is your state? it is all different for every state, did u take the board exam?

I work outskirts of Nashville, tenese, for 12/hour in 4 DAYS which i do dirty work (my own prospective )to me it's difficult to live in America . my home town (africa)is best place to live .I was one of the professional (healthy sector) but in america you have to work as labourer .....when I was in Africa i have different image what I see today in america.

I work outskirts of Nashville, tenese, for 12/hour in 4 DAYS which i do dirty work (my own prospective )to me it's difficult to live in America . my home town (africa)is best place to live .I was one of the professional (healthy sector) but in america you have to work as labourer .....when I was in Africa i have different image what I see today in america.
I am sorry to hear you are not comfortable hear,why don't you go to school part time or online? why don't you pursue your health sector education here? no job is dirty in my opinion, if you don't like it why don't u look for other job??

This unfortunately is not an uncommon occurrence and, while no specific statistical information on the matter is available, there is no question return rates amongst DV Green Card holders to their respective home countries is high. In the history of US immigration this is nothing new, some people make it in America others don't - ultimately you will have to make your own personal decision for you and your family, if you have one.

Sorry to learn you're having a hard time in the US and that the picture you had in mind is not the reality you met on the ground.

The truth is immigrating to the US is not for everybody - a lot of intending immigrants refuse to listen when told this from the beginning.

Countless number of immigrants came prepared and they are succeeding in the US beyond their wildest imaginations. Questions for you:
- How prepared where you for life in the US when you decided to immigrate?
- Did you come to the US with enough money to sustain you for a couple of months while you're trying to land on your feet?
- What steps have you taken to improve yourself since your arrival?
- - Are you enrolled in school?
- - Are you aware of available grants ('free money' for qualified low income earners) to pay for schooling which will enable you to qualify and apply for better paying jobs?
- - Are you networking with the right people?

The streets of America are not paved in gold. America is not a land flowing with free milk and honey. If you invest in yourself and are prepared to work hard (and do away with whatever TV notions you might have had prior to immigrating), you will succeed in the country.

To add to the above, the obvious question is whether you need specific qualifications to pursue the same type of work in the US like a local license and if so are you working to get that? While I agree that a good number of people become disillusioned, there are also many that do successfully make the transition to similar work and that are successful too. Like mom says though, you need to know what to do to be able to make that transition, especially in a sector that may require a US or state certification as well.

Sorry to learn you're having a hard time in the US and that the picture you had in mind is not the reality you met on the ground.

The truth is immigrating to the US is not for everybody - a lot of intending immigrants refuse to listen when told this from the beginning.

Countless number of immigrants came prepared and they are succeeding in the US beyond their wildest imaginations. Questions for you:
- Did you come to the US with enough money to sustain you for a couple of months while you're trying to land on your feet?
- - Are you aware of available grants ('free money' for qualified low income earners) to pay for schooling which will enable you to qualify and apply for better paying jobs?

The streets of America are not paved in gold. America is not a land flowing with free milk and honey. If you invest in yourself and are prepared to work hard (and do away with whatever TV notions you might have had prior to immigrating), you will succeed in the country.
Can not agree more! you are just amazing Mom.

That is what i want to tell my fellow dv selectee ""The streets of America are not paved in gold. America is not a land flowing with free milk and honey. If you invest in yourself and are prepared to work hard (and do away with whatever TV notions you might have had prior to immigrating), you will succeed in the country""
and again i would add (##### and I were raised with so many of the same values: like, you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond, that you do what you say you're going to do, that you treat people with dignity and respect), ..is it ms obama or ms t ?