• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Name of institutions attended must be schools you have attended, NOE is a branch of MOE, and is not considered as an institution, you should unlock your form and correct it.

My case number will be current for months. so what shall i do? is that possible i will tell as the CO at interview

When will your number be current?

If I were you I wouldn't take that risk, but it's all up to you and the CO,

If you decide to go for the interview as is, please make sure you tell the CO the mistake on your form and explain why.

As long as all your documents are genuine and notorized I think you will be fine.

Last edited:
Yes, it's ok, they might ask why you listed MSc (then explain why you cannot bring the diploma ) but you only need high school to qualify for DV. That and the BSc will be more than enough.
Thank you so much to your concern and reply. and does it has any negative impact if they know why i couldn't bring the diploma?
which is if they know i have commitment to serve the government.

My case no is AF 24***
submitted D's 260 on may 28th
Unlocked resubmit on on July 8th
but i have mentioned on number 4 Grade 11-12 date 01/10/1999-27/06/2002, I should be included in the field, “The institution attended”, name of school I attended for one year in order to obtain my ESCLCE certificate.In addition number 3 only mentioned ESCLCE Certificate received from NOE.
So can u Re-Open For 2nd time and omitted number 3?

Hi Zgreat!!
Thanks for sharing your experience!

In DS260 I have entered the address of school (institution attended which is high school) as shown on the transcript. However, the institution’s current address is changed.
1. should I have to find the current address and update on the DS260?
2.What do you think will happen if I could not?
3. I have unlocked twice since I submitted DS260 for the first time and so I’m going to unlock again for the 3rd time cause I think “delay is better than denial”.

Thank you so much to your concern and reply. and does it has any negative impact if they know why i couldn't bring the diploma?
Not at all, they are aware of cost sharing rules.

My case no is AF 24***
submitted D's 260 on may 28th
Unlocked resubmit on on July 8th
but i have mentioned on number 4 Grade 11-12 date 01/10/1999-27/06/2002, I should be included in the field, “The institution attended”, name of school I attended for one year in order to obtain my ESCLCE certificate.In addition number 3 only mentioned ESCLCE Certificate received from NOE.
So can u Re-Open For 2nd time and omitted number 3?
One question did you put all the institution you have attended? if yes you don't need to reopen it, but if you missed an institution you should by all means correct it. your case number won't be current at list till April.

Cheers !

Hi Zgreat!!
Thanks for sharing your experience!

In DS260 I have entered the address of school (institution attended which is high school) as shown on the transcript. However, the institution’s current address is changed.
1. should I have to find the current address and update on the DS260?
2.What do you think will happen if I could not?
3. I have unlocked twice since I submitted DS260 for the first time and so I’m going to unlock again for the 3rd time cause I think “delay is better than denial”.
Hey @Mimar welcome!
If your case number will be current soon,
the address change can be discussed at the interview, make sure you have it on paper to hand it to the CO if need be.

If your number is high, I suggest you edit it.

Best of luck!

Thanks ZGREAT
My CN is very high and probably not be current or not before July. Anyways do I need to authenticate my documents now or I have time after I have received 2NL? and do I need Grade 8th ministry card?

Thanks ZGREAT
My CN is very high and probably not be current or not before July. Anyways do I need to authenticate my documents now or I have time after I have received 2NL? and do I need Grade 8th ministry card?
I didn't submit grade 8 card at interview but you never know so take it with you, if you have time to authenticate do it now.

Thank you Bro! I'm flooding you with questions but is should be my last question for today if you don't mind.

If I go current and I have to show the CO that I'm not going to be a public charge. In the mean time I'm looking for sponsor to fill Affidavit Support (I-134). however, what was your experience and what other choice do I have beside the Affidavit Support?

Last edited:
Yes of course, I put all the institution I have attended from Grade 10-12, Diploma and Degree.But In Addition to I have mentioned ESCLCE Certificate

Thank you Bro! I'm flooding you with questions but is should be my last question for today if you don't mind.

If I go current and I have to show the CO that I'm not going to be a public charge. In the mean time I'm looking for sponsor to fill Affidavit Support (I-134). however, what was your experience and what other choice do I have beside the Affidavit Support?
No worries, we are all here to help each other, we have been getting a lot of help from previous winners and experts too, do not hesitate to ask a question.

Affidavit of support is not often asked at interview,but you should get one if you could, showing a good connection with your your host might suffice the CO.

Having a bank statement of 10k$ or more is going to cover that loop as well

If you can prove you can buy yourself out of it, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you can prove you can buy yourself out of it, it shouldn't be a problem.
You don't have to buy out, it's your option to leave your degree with them if you do not want to use it, once your education is proved to qualify you for DV you are all set.

You don't have to buy out, it's your option to leave your degree with them if you do not want to use it, once your education is proved to qualify you for DV you are all set.

Well then she doesn't have any obligation and nothing to worry about.
However, it may be better for her to have a master's in the US job market so it may be worth it.

dear friends,
on the ds form, present and previous address, it asks as "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?"
i have lived in four different places. all in ethiopia. in some blogs i read people saying the question is if you have lived in ethiopia. so
am i wrong to mention different regions of ethiopia as my previous address? if so do i need to unlock the ds form?

AGAIN PLEASE,
dear friends,
on the ds form, present and previous address, it asks as "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?"
i have lived in four different places. all in ethiopia. in some blogs i read people saying the question is if you have lived OUT OF
Ethiopia. so am i wrong to mention different regions of ethiopia as my previous address? if so do i need to unlock the ds form?

THANK YOU