• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Can anyone please advise about online Access code, how to find out information about this code?

https:/public-prod-elis2.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/app/app/#!/dyn/customer/online-access-code

* Indicates Required Field
If you received an online access code in the Welcome to USCIS ELIS letter sent to you, please enter that online access code below to access and review your application.

Online Access Code*
Date of Birth* (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy)

For security reasons, USCIS ELIS will never send your online access code via email or SMS/text messages.

When you enter a valid online access code, you will access your case on a read-only basis. You will not be able to make changes to your application, petition, or request.

I have a long complicated story will try make it short and really needs help, I'm 2015 dv lottery paid the fees on july 2015 entered the us with my wife and daughter on October 2015, called the uscis on December they gave me a tracking number for me and my daughter and it was delivered to post office and then returned back to uscis, they ask me to make a change of address form and they will sent it back, my wife case was pending don't know why they just told me to be patient, I waited till march and finally I received my daughter's card but not mine.

I called they gave me a tracking number and it said it is out for delivery from February 12! and no update since that time, went to the post office they do not know anything about it they don't have they didn't scan it for delivery so it is not delivered, I called uscis and from officer to another until an officer told me they have it in Texas and they gonna sent it back after I fill change of address form for me and my wife as it is still pending and her card not produced yet, I did, from 1 week I received in the mail 2 envelope for me and my wife confirming change of address.

I called today and one officer told me they have mailed my card on February and If I want replacement I have to pay the fees I got nervous and after a lot of non sense talking I hang up but I called again where an officer i told him the whole story told me to go to the post office and ask the supervisor to make investigation relating to my package and If they don't have it they should gave me authenticated letter that card was misplaced and for my wife I have to be patient as it still pending!, I called the post office they do not know anything about the package but they are fine to gave a document that it was not delivered, any advice what to do any help is appreciated, and sorry for long words

Hello all

If you can help me about this issue.
I planned to pay the uscis fee 165$ for green card after arriving to the United States for me and my family (4 persons in total)
Can I have any complication or problem at the port of entry?
My port of entry into the United States will be JFK airport in New York.

Thank you.

Hello all

If you can help me about this issue.
I planned to pay the uscis fee 165$ for green card after arriving to the United States for me and my family (4 persons in total)
Can I have any complication or problem at the port of entry?
My port of entry into the United States will be JFK airport in New York.

Thank you.

No problem.

I have a long complicated story will try make it short and really needs help, I'm 2015 dv lottery paid the fees on july 2015 entered the us with my wife and daughter on October 2015, called the uscis on December they gave me a tracking number for me and my daughter and it was delivered to post office and then returned back to uscis, they ask me to make a change of address form and they will sent it back, my wife case was pending don't know why they just told me to be patient, I waited till march and finally I received my daughter's card but not mine.

I called they gave me a tracking number and it said it is out for delivery from February 12! and no update since that time, went to the post office they do not know anything about it they don't have they didn't scan it for delivery so it is not delivered, I called uscis and from officer to another until an officer told me they have it in Texas and they gonna sent it back after I fill change of address form for me and my wife as it is still pending and her card not produced yet, I did, from 1 week I received in the mail 2 envelope for me and my wife confirming change of address.

I called today and one officer told me they have mailed my card on February and If I want replacement I have to pay the fees I got nervous and after a lot of non sense talking I hang up but I called again where an officer i told him the whole story told me to go to the post office and ask the supervisor to make investigation relating to my package and If they don't have it they should gave me authenticated letter that card was misplaced and for my wife I have to be patient as it still pending!, I called the post office they do not know anything about the package but they are fine to gave a document that it was not delivered, any advice what to do any help is appreciated, and sorry for long words
Walk to the nearest immigration office! You gotta give them some heat ;-)
They will eventually sort your case out
Good luck

I entered USA on April 3rd. I want to know how can I track my green card status. Going through the posts on this forum, I guess I should be getting a welcome letter which I havent received so far. I just created an ELIS account (that too after reading posts here) but there is no option of tracking the status of my green card. There is an option of creating a new case but it only allows applying for i-90. What should I do?

Also the uscis case status page, it asks for receipt number which I suppose is the LIN number when I got the i-797 notice of action (is it?). When I enter that number, it says my case was sent to the department of state for visa processing on feb 5th 2015. Thats more than a year ago and considering I have already traveled to the US, I suppose that page (the uscis case status) is not relevant, or probably im putting in the wrong receipt number.

All I want to know is how to track the status of my green card. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if any of you are experiencing the same delay with the green card. I'm a 2016 DVlottery winner. I entered the US on feb 28th this year. It's been already 60 days and still no information whatsoever about my green card. Everytime I try to check status on the USCIS website shows "use defined error". I called several weeks ago to check if everything was ok and they said I had to wait the 60 days. So today I tried to send an inquiry through the e-request page of USCIS and after filling the request it shows " Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage. " I already got my SS 2 weeks after lading in the US but Im starting to get worried about the green card....

Have any of you gotten the same message? How long are green cards taking? Have you guys heard or read anything about it?

thankss

I entered USA on April 3rd. I want to know how can I track my green card status. Going through the posts on this forum, I guess I should be getting a welcome letter which I havent received so far. I just created an ELIS account (that too after reading posts here) but there is no option of tracking the status of my green card. There is an option of creating a new case but it only allows applying for i-90. What should I do?

Also the uscis case status page, it asks for receipt number which I suppose is the LIN number when I got the i-797 notice of action (is it?). When I enter that number, it says my case was sent to the department of state for visa processing on feb 5th 2015. Thats more than a year ago and considering I have already traveled to the US, I suppose that page (the uscis case status) is not relevant, or probably im putting in the wrong receipt number.

All I want to know is how to track the status of my green card. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
If you entered more than a year ago, then you need to get in contact with your nearest immig offices asap...
DVD greed card initials are ioe BTW
Good luck

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if any of you are experiencing the same delay with the green card. I'm a 2016 DVlottery winner. I entered the US on feb 28th this year. It's been already 60 days and still no information whatsoever about my green card. Everytime I try to check status on the USCIS website shows "use defined error". I called several weeks ago to check if everything was ok and they said I had to wait the 60 days. So today I tried to send an inquiry through the e-request page of USCIS and after filling the request it shows " Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage. " I already got my SS 2 weeks after lading in the US but Im starting to get worried about the green card....

Have any of you gotten the same message? How long are green cards taking? Have you guys heard or read anything about it?

thankss
60 its still nothing!
Be patient
Keeps us updated

If you entered more than a year ago, then you need to get in contact with your nearest immig offices asap...
DVD greed card initials are ioe BTW
Good luck

Nah, I don't think he's DV. Entered April this year , whatever case he petitioned under from Feb 2015 is not DV.

I also have the same problem, I entered U.S more than 2 months (60 days) and I haven't got GC plastic, I wrote an email for UCSCIS and they tell me keep waiting within 120 days. I really need GC plastic for applying some papers and arranging some of my works. Please keep updating your card status.

Another question, if I ask native Americans speaking slowly because my english is not well, will they feel uncomfortable? Thanks

I also have the same problem, I entered U.S more than 2 months (60 days) and I haven't got GC plastic, I wrote an email for UCSCIS and they tell me keep waiting within 120 days. I really need GC plastic for applying some papers and arranging some of my works. Please keep updating your card status.

Another question, if I ask native Americans speaking slowly because my english is not well, will they feel uncomfortable? Thanks

No, you don't need the plastic GC for anything. The temporary green card that is now in your passport is as valid as a plastic one for your first year in the US. See: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/temporary-i-551-stamps-and-mrivs

Hard to answer your second question, it will depend on each individual, but it may be worth you enrolling in an English as a second language course -I believe they are available for immigrants all over the US.

More generally, there have been times in the past that a 2-3 month wait for the plastic green card was normal. Judging by some of the latest posts, it seems possible that this just is the current processing time, so be patient and remember you have a temporary green card in your passport that you can use for anything you need a green card for.

No, you don't need the plastic GC for anything. The temporary green card that is now in your passport is as valid as a plastic one for your first year in the US.

Hard to answer your second question, it will depend on each individual, but it may be worth you enrolling in an English as a second language course -I believe they are available for immigrants all over the US.

Thank you for your answer. I also know the temporary GC I-155 stamped in my passport working as a GC plastic but I want to apply Affidavit of Single Status and my attorney tell me that I have to have GC plastic because he needs 2-3 copied of my GC. I don't know it is true. My English is not well is my weak-point so I can't talk to the officers directly to ask about my case. :((

Thank you for your answer. I also know the temporary GC I-155 stamped in my passport working as a GC plastic but I want to apply Affidavit of Single Status and my attorney tell me that I have to have GC plastic because he needs 2-3 copied of my GC. I don't know it is true. My English is not well is my weak-point so I can't talk to the officers directly to ask about my case. :((

According to US law as far as I understand anyone has to accept the temporary green card in any instance they need a green card for. After all, your status does not change with or without a plastic GC, it is just the form of proof of status that does. (I have no idea what an affidavit of single status is or why you need an attorney for one, btw, just giving you the general answer that whoever needs proof of your status is obliged to accept the temporary green card.)

And your English seems fine enough to talk to USCIS...remember they are used to speaking to immigrants who don't speak good English!

According to US law as far as I understand anyone has to accept the temporary green card in any instance they need a green card for. After all, your status does not change with or without a plastic GC, it is just the form of proof of status that does. (I have no idea what an affidavit of single status is or why you need an attorney for one, btw, just giving you the general answer that whoever needs proof of your status is obliged to accept the temporary green card.)

And your English seems fine enough to talk to USCIS...remember they are used to speaking to immigrants who don't speak good English!

Affidavit of Single Status is papers that proving I'm single when I live in America. Without these papers I can not apply for marriage certificate in my country.

Actually my English is just enough for reading and writing, my speaking skill is nightmare :((

everyone please keep updated , if you have GC plastic after waiting for 2-3-4 months please let us know. thanks