• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

ANYONE who is a WINNER......whould you please post the screenshot of your confirmation page(winning letter)....i want to see what the confrimation page looks like??????please please

I checked the Visa Bulletin and only 193 people from Spain won (I assume including derivatives?)
It is so discouraging :(

THat is in direct relation to the number of people entering - it is nothing to do with any disadvantage to Spain.

In 2014 24.408 people applied (including derivatives) and 485 won, and I believe this year even more Spaniards applied, since people are leaving the country like crazy lately due to the 25% rate of unemployed people that we have.
193 it is just a really low number for this year. So sad...

If you take the global number of entries (11+ million) and the global number of winners (91.5k) you find the average chance (globally) of being a winner (0.8%)

Spain in 2014 and 2015 had <15000 entries (you count entries not entries+family) so at the global rate, if you assumed no more entries you would only expect 120 Spanish winning entries - and once you add the family members back in that would come out to around 190.

Maybe the incredible volume of Ukrainians and Uzbeks "diluted" the Spanish applicants.

I've spent alot of time in Spain recently and yes the economy sucks. Everyone was unemployed and living on social security. I met a girl with a PhD serving ice cream. To be frank, I think you have terrible labor laws that have gone too far and have institutionalized unemployment.

Yup - that just about sums it up. The laws and the mentality don't match with the rest of EU...

Regarding SSNs...I have a social security card from back in 1999 on a J1 visa. Think it's kicking around my flat somewhere... Does that mean I keep that number or does it expire and I get a new one?

THat is in direct relation to the number of people entering - it is nothing to do with any disadvantage to Spain.

No, I know. It is ovbious that if they selected 91.000 instead of 140.000, there has to be less Spanish selectees.
I guess I put a lot of hope in it and now I am being suddenly aware of how difficult it is to actually win.

I think we will try to get an H1B. Can we apply for jobs now or should we wait until december 2015-january 2016?
My husband works in IT and what he does is very specific so I think we might have a chance.

Ooooo nice. So now I have a task on my hand to find the thing. My place is like a black hole! Lol

Oh and another thing I saw in here somewhere... Is it true you don't have to take your child to the interview? Our son will be newly turned 4.

Ooooo nice. So now I have a task on my hand to find the thing. My place is like a black hole! Lol

Oh and another thing I saw in here somewhere... Is it true you don't have to take your child to the interview? Our son will be newly turned 4.

London seem to be the only embassy that allows this for 14 year olds and below. But please do get confirmation from the embassy.

London seem to be the only embassy that allows this for 14 year olds and below. But please do get confirmation from the embassy.

Thanks so much! Will definitely call London and ask. Our son is so active that I can just imagine them telling me to wait outside with the little dude while hubby is interviewed. And i'd faaaar rather be present because hubby isn't as good a public speaker as I am and just in case he flounders a bit I want to be able to have his back. ;)

Thanks so much! Will definitely call London and ask. Our son is so active that I can just imagine them telling me to wait outside with the little dude while hubby is interviewed. And i'd faaaar rather be present because hubby isn't as good a public speaker as I am and just in case he flounders a bit I want to be able to have his back. ;)

They often only interview the principal applicant and ignore the other spouse entirely - so you may not be allowed to 'have his back' anyway.

I'm sure they will trace your SSN - there is IIRC a box on the DS260 to tick if you had a SSN before.

No, I know. It is ovbious that if they selected 91.000 instead of 140.000, there has to be less Spanish selectees.
I guess I put a lot of hope in it and now I am being suddenly aware of how difficult it is to actually win.

I think we will try to get an H1B. Can we apply for jobs now or should we wait until december 2015-january 2016?
My husband works in IT and what he does is very specific so I think we might have a chance.

H1B sponsorships are hard. There is higher demand than supply (so that ends up with a lottery), and all the H1 slots for a year get allocated in the first few days over the H1B season (April 1). So - you have to attract a job offer, the employer needs to file on your behalf (expensive) and you are not certain to get a place in the lottery for 2016 anyway, plus the company has to accept that you cannot start work until October after the April. THe risk/costs/timeline generally mean the program is used by large "bodyshops" that speculatively hire inexperienced IT engineers in large batches. I got my sponsorship because my employer was my brother.

H1B sponsorships are hard. There is higher demand than supply (so that ends up with a lottery), and all the H1 slots for a year get allocated in the first few days over the H1B season (April 1). So - you have to attract a job offer, the employer needs to file on your behalf (expensive) and you are not certain to get a place in the lottery for 2016 anyway, plus the company has to accept that you cannot start work until October after the April. THe risk/costs/timeline generally mean the program is used by large "bodyshops" that speculatively hire inexperienced IT engineers in large batches. I got my sponsorship because my employer was my brother.

That's why I'm so glad, as a Australian, that I have the E-3 option. H1B seems a LOT of work and orchestration.

That's why I'm so glad, as a Australian, that I have the E-3 option. H1B seems a LOT of work and orchestration.

H1B - Pros - Can turn into immigration. Cons - Spouse can't work or get SSN
E3 - Pros - Spouse can work, get SSN etc. Cons - Non-immigrant visa

E3 is a walk in the park compared to H1 - you get interviewed - they apply for labour certification (2 weeks) - and you're in.

So... All my options are:

1. My husband or me win the DV Lotery
2. My husband wins the H1B Lottery
3. We win the actual lottery, invest in something and ask for an E2

All I can hope for is to be lucky? :confused:

My application got selected in DV lottery 2016.
As I can read somewhere the interview for DV2016 will start from October 2015 through Sept 2016.
Also, once DS-260 form for Visa Application is submitted, KCC will take 4-6 weeks to share the interview date for that application.
So my question is, should I fill the DS-260 form in August or Sept month so that I will get interview call on October ?
Or should I do it right now itself (as soon as possible) ?

Please suggest the logic behind and the best approach as per your experience.

Thank you in advance,

Sorry, I'm confused @albGC, wasn't it your mum who was selected?

At any rate, once the DS260 is submitted, it will take KCC around four months to process it.

In terms of interview, you might want to read @Britsimon's blog regarding the DV process. You won't get called for interview until your (your mother's) case number is current. How it works is that the Visa Bulletin comes out with all the case numbers it has visas for for a particular month. If your number is below the cutoff for that month, and your D260 has been processed, you will get 4-6 weeks notice of your interview.

They work through the cases numbers chronologically, not on the basis of speed of submission.