• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin: September 2013 (Coming Soon)

Ready includes those who sent forms to KCC but have never scheduled an interview (and might not have any intention to do that)

Just called KCC, I can't believe they still don't have the numbers!!!!!!!!! Tough luck for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep patience friends!!!!!

Just Noticed - Cote Divoire consulate still does not have updated data in CEAC system. The last update for that consulate was 6/19 and there is no data for that consulate above 81200 (august cutoff).
That is very unfortunate - I did not intend to get a full run above 81200 any more.

Just called KCC, I can't believe they still don't have the numbers!!!!!!!!! Tough luck for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep patience friends!!!!!

Several consulate posts and US embassies shut down temporary in Middle East and North East Africa due to security reason. Not sure whether there is any impact to the DV interview schedule. If there is then it make sense to expect some delay in Sept VB.

Several consulate posts and US embassies shut down temporary in Middle East and North East Africa due to security reason. Not sure whether there is any impact to the DV interview schedule. If there is then it make sense to expect some delay in Sept VB.
Yes, ofcourse, you are totally correct. The Embassies and visa availability is really the factors which decide what kind of cut-offs have to be released. So, that must be the problem that it is taking time for the bulletin.

Based on Raevsky's spreadsheet, already 52,315 visa numbers are issued, ready, pending, or in administrative processing. That does not include the 5,905 refused or transferred visa numbers. Also, AOS statistics are not included at all (I'm guessing).

How do say that the annual quota will not be used? Isn't there a total of 50,000 visa numbers available?

I think you are mixing it up with the case numbers that go as high as 100K+. They are different things.

Based on the latest spreadsheet, Visa Issued 30457 from interview of 58220 winners (includes family members) as of Aug 2013. Only left a month to go and generally AOS is less than 5% of the total visa issued. So, chances of fulfilling the quota is slim unless all AP become issued in the last month.

Based on the latest spreadsheet, Visa Issued 30457 from interview of 58220 winners (includes family members) as of Aug 2013. Only left a month to go and generally AOS is less than 5% of the total visa issued. So, chances of fulfilling the quota is slim unless all AP become issued in the last month.

Even all AP became Issued (I am hope this will happen), it only takes additional 6532 visa from about 20k available. So, last month catch up, those consulate posts not in CEAC system and AOS have to make up the remaining 13k visa but it will be tough in my opinion.

Let assume the visa issued is 40k for DV13, so in DV14 select additional 20% winners make complete sense.

Ready includes those who sent forms to KCC but have never scheduled an interview (and might not have any intention to do that)
I still don't understand the reason why so many current numbers are still on Ready status.That means those people never attended their interviews or never got any interview scheduled at all,like they were some how disqualified in KCC after sending their forms?Or simply the embassies doesn't have updated the system?
Btw I believe in your theory.
Regards.

A lot of them sent documents to KCC, but never bothered to schedule an interview. Do not really want to immigrate. Maybe an agent applied for them with initial electronic entry without their knowledge.

A lot of them sent documents to KCC, but never bothered to schedule an interview. Do not really want to immigrate. Maybe an agent applied for them with initial electronic entry without their knowledge.

I don't understand either why some of those cases have been very recently updated?What are the consulates updating?
And hat off for this great job!

Then they might be using the "Ready" terminology in different ways.

Doesn't "Ready" mean the visa is ready to be stamped in the passport versus "Issued" meaning the visa is already stamped?

Thanks.

It can be that some of them are reconsidering their application at this point of the game?
I think once in a while the consulate reconfirms the cases.
For Ready - pretty obvious, just reconfirms the status.
For Admin Processing - pretty obvious too.
Refused and Issued - that is tricky. I guess Refused could be overcome later, if they provide proof. Issued theoretically could be reconsidered too (on the basis of fraud), but I do not think it is very likely.

Then they might be using the "Ready" terminology in different ways.

Doesn't "Ready" mean the visa is ready to be stamped in the passport versus "Issued" meaning the visa is already stamped?

Thanks.

Ready means:
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

I think once in a while the consulate reconfirms the cases.
For Ready - pretty obvious, just reconfirms the status.
For Admin Processing - pretty obvious too.
Refused and Issued - that is tricky. I guess Refused could be overcome later, if they provide proof. Issued theoretically could be reconsidered too (on the basis of fraud), but I do not think it is very likely.

Ok,those could be some of the reasons...I was saying that maybe some people are reconsidering their application at this point, because our case for example,right after the medicals got updated.Too much coincidence for being a random case re checking.

It can be that some of them are reconsidering their application at this point of the game?

I agree. Makes perfect sense. Something changes in their life that makes it too difficult or impossible to uproot themselves or they just get cold feet. It's a huge change, not to be taken lightly. We had a good think about it ourselves before sending in our forms and committing ourselves to the process. Initially, we weren't going to go for it, so our status on CEAC would have remained at "Ready". I notice the first 2013 OC case (5) is still at "Ready", since January. I'd bet they've decided not to proceed.

I agree. Makes perfect sense. Something changes in their life that makes it too difficult or impossible to uproot themselves or they just get cold feet. It's a huge change, not to be taken lightly. We had a good think about it ourselves before sending in our forms and committing ourselves to the process. Initially, we weren't going to go for it, so our status on CEAC would have remained at "Ready". I notice the first 2013 OC case (5) is still at "Ready", since January. I'd bet they've decided not to proceed.
Right, we are talking about a huge ,huge step....no wonder why we are seeing so many ready "forever"cases.Life is complicated....

For some consulates a huge amount of cases are still ready. Like for Nairobi, Kenia, 1947 Ready cases with dependents (1042 just principals). A month and a half before the end of the program. That means a lot of them do no have interview scheduled and will not be.

For some consulates a huge amount of cases are still ready. Like for Nairobi, Kenia, 1947 Ready cases with dependents (1042 just principals). A month and a half before the end of the program. That means a lot of them do no have interview scheduled and will not be.

Will this be an example of high selectees country that exceed the country quota?