I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

1> Anyone knows I-864 what I need to mention about small businesses ? I do full time job and 2 small businesses. I have enough income on full time job so only I can show that in I-864 form ?

2> DS-320 form : my mother is no longer so Do I have to mention in part I about spouse's information ? I do not know like birth date of my mother because it is never registered. I am getting affidivates(2) and NABC for my father.

The 5 months waiting time is almost over ...

Hi everyone
I submitted i130 for my both parents on 07/27/2012
I got a letter saying that they received all my paper work
The 5 months average waiting time for the California service center is almost done and still didn't hear anything form the USCIS
I m really nervous what shod I do ? What's u r thoughts ? Please advise
Thanks in advance

I think this is normal because 5 months is an average time plus considering the holiday season, it might add up few more days.
My suggestion is to wait for a month more & positively you will get approval notice :)

Hi everyone
The 5 months average waiting time for the California service center is almost done and still didn't hear anything form the USCIS
Thanks in advance

ityofr assautes

First of all thanks a ton for creating this forum. This is a great way to get help from each other. Recently I filed I-130 for my mother and father and received Notice of Action (NOA) today. I am little bit confused regarding the USIC Alien Number noted on both NOA. They are exact same numbers on both my mother and father NOA. They do have separate Receipt Number but the Alien number is same. Do, I have to contact USCIS for that?

Timeline

Dec/05/2012 - I-130 sent via USPS (Both Application in the same packet)
Dec/07/2012 - Application received by USCIS Chicago Office (Signature Confirmation)
Dec/12/2012 - E-mail and Text message received with Receipt Numbers (Both Application)
Dec/17/2012 - Two separate Notice of Action received.

Do not worry too much. I am sure you would be receiving something very soon. Are you able to check the case status online?

Hi everyone
Thanks in advance

The alien number listed on the NOA does correspond with the petitioner (you) USCIS file. Regardless if you are already USC, your alien number still be a part of your USCIS file. So, you don't have to worry too much about that. Your parents would each have their own alien number before entering the US.

First of all thanks a ton for creating this forum. This is a great way to get help from each other. Recently I filed I-130 for my mother and father and received Notice of Action (NOA) today. I am little bit confused regarding the USIC Alien Number noted on both NOA. They are exact same numbers on both my mother and father NOA. They do have separate Receipt Number but the Alien number is same. Do, I have to contact USCIS for that?

Timeline

Dec/07/2012 - Application received by USCIS Chicago Office (Signature Confirmation)
Dec/12/2012 - E-mail and Text message received with Receipt Numbers (Both Application)

Do not worry too much. I am sure you would be receiving something very soon. Are you able to check the case status online?

Thanks for u r response
Yes I do have a case number for my both parents and I can check the status online is still in initial review !!!

Timeline

I'm sure u ll be just fine that is the exact same thing that I noticed in the NOA for my both parents do not worry about it .

The alien number listed on the NOA does correspond with the petitioner (you) USCIS file. Regardless if you are already USC, your alien number still be a part of your USCIS file. So, you don't have to worry too much about that. Your parents would each have their own alien number before entering the US.

Thank you so much for the information. I didn't realize its my A#.

I have a quick question, once my mom's I 130 gets approved by uscis, does that mean she's getting a GC for sure? or it depends how the interview at the consulate goes?

Once USCIS approves the case, it will go to NVC. You will need to send affidavit of support & other supporting documents to NVC. If everything goes fine with all papers then interview will be scheduled.
As per my understanding interview should be a formality :)
I have a quick question, once my mom's I 130 gets approved by uscis, does that mean she's getting a GC for sure? or it depends how the interview at the consulate goes?

Hi all....for all of you who have already sent in the DS230(IV) package,did you get any response?

Cuban Parents?

Hi I just joined this group and thought the converstaion was great as i am petitioning this next Satruday for my mother and step father (concidered my father since he was married to my mother before i turned 12 years old).
Is anyone in here that is a US citizen and petitioning for parents in Cuba? Don't know if the process is different or the same. Thanks for help.
I will include my time as well as soon as i send the documents on Satruday.

My package (hopefully final) was delivered on 31st December...I called NVC & they told me wait 20 days...so I am still waiting for response. Though I received I601A in email which is not applicable in my case..

Hi all....for all of you who have already sent in the DS230(IV) package,did you get any response?

Last edited by a moderator:
Father's i-130 petition approved!

MY NEW UPDATE:

WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON THE FOLLOWING STEPS.

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD, I KNOW SOME OF THE FORMS I NEED TO START WORKING ON.

MAILED I-130: AUGUST 28, 2012
PRIORITY DATE: AUGUST 30, 2012 (RECEIVED i-797C RECEIPT) FROM THE CALIFORNIAC SERVICE CENTER
CASE TRANSFER TO USCIS-NBC (SEPTEMBER 11, 2012)
RECEIVED EMAIL & TEXT (I-130 APPROVED) (JANUARY 15TH, 2013)

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS THREAD, BUT I'M VERY HAPPY SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME TO START IT. I FILED AN I-130 PETITION FOR MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER IN HONDURAS.

MAILED I-130: AUGUST 28, 2012
PRIORITY DATE: AUGUST 30, 2012 (RECEIVED i-797C RECEIPT) FROM THE CALIFORNIAC SERVICE CENTER
CASE TRANSFER TO USCIS-NBC (SEPTEMBER 11, 2012)
UNTIL TODAY I AM STILL WAITING.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER TAKING LONGER THAN OTHER CENTERS?