I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Hi folks....I need help please. I'm sponsoring my parents but I have no income since I'm not working. We are showing my husband's income (we file joint income taxes). Does that make him Joint Sponsor or Other Family member. What do I write in Part 1 of I 864...... I am the petitioner/ I am the only joint sponsor/ OR I am one of the two joint sponsors?
Your help is really needed and appreciated as we have to send these out by the weekend. Thanks.
I would go with Joint sponsor & better to call NVC before sending it out...not sure though but I did use one of my relative as joint sponsor when I applied for my wife....me & my relative were living at same address at that time....for husband-wife it might be family member...this should be specified in instructions (just a thought)...

Does anyone here have RFE experience? My case still stucks in the RFE Response for Review and not sure when I will receive a response. The RFE was for the birth certificate.

Today is 3 months exactly Since CSC received my parents applications ...still didn't hear anything from them ...I m worried ...
I hate waiting every day is like a month of waiting its awfully specially when u don't know if its approved
,declined or they need more evidences
I miss my parents ... I need them so bad I want them to be with me
I hate waiting so much

The average processing time is 5 months,so relax. As you can see from other's timelines here,some people from NVC got approved after 3 months......mine got approved after about 2 months. But it's a different service center and they have different workloads. You are well within the time range so no need to get hyper.

The average processing time is 5 months,so relax. As you can see from other's timelines here,some people from NVC got approved after 3 months......mine got approved after about 2 months. But it's a different service center and they have different workloads. You are well within the time range so no need to get hyper.

U r right...:)
I hope to hear back from them soon

I-130 petition for parent abroad

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS THREAD, BUT I'M VERY HAPPY SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME TO START IT. I FILED AN I-130 PETITION FOR MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER IN HONDURAS.

MAILED I-130: AUGUST 28, 2012
PRIORITY DATE: AUGUST 30, 2012 (RECEIVED i-797C RECEIPT) FROM THE CALIFORNIAC SERVICE CENTER
CASE TRANSFER TO USCIS-NBC (SEPTEMBER 11, 2012)
UNTIL TODAY I AM STILL WAITING.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER TAKING LONGER THAN OTHER CENTERS?

Here are the latest updates:

I received the first RFE with several options such as original birth certificate, non-availability with secondary evidences or DNA testing, to prove the mother-child relationship. The deadline to reply to the RFE was September 29th, 2012.

I opted the DNA Testing to be done with both parents since I was not able to provide the original birth certificate. This was the most accurate and non-stressful path I took. I contacted an accredited AABB lab to perform the DNA Testing. The process took about 7 weeks from USA to abroad and back to USA. After the samples were collected and tested, the accredited DNA Lab sent the test results to the USCIS. According to the USPS tracking number, the DNA test results were received to the USCIS CSC.

Today, I received another RFE Letter that is requesting for additional evidence. I opened the letter and it is requesting the parentage testing (DNA) to establish the claimed biological relationship between mother & child. That's crazy! The results were already sent to the USCIS and signed by USCIS employee on September 28th, 2012.

Is there anyone that has gone to this? I could not believe it. This is another delay after delays. I am just going to contact the AABB DNA Lab Testing to re-send the test results to the USCIS Officer that is requesting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The memo was posted on the USCIS website about I-130 Petition for Immediate relative that were being submitted in August and September 2012. See the link below:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I hope this would help. Good luck.

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS THREAD, BUT I'M VERY HAPPY SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME TO START IT. I FILED AN I-130 PETITION FOR MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER IN HONDURAS.

MAILED I-130: AUGUST 28, 2012
PRIORITY DATE: AUGUST 30, 2012 (RECEIVED i-797C RECEIPT) FROM THE CALIFORNIAC SERVICE CENTER
CASE TRANSFER TO USCIS-NBC (SEPTEMBER 11, 2012)
UNTIL TODAY I AM STILL WAITING.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER TAKING LONGER THAN OTHER CENTERS?

Hi all,
It is time to fill in and send DS 230 for my parents. Since their signature is needed,can they scan the form and mail it to me (I am the Agent of Choice), or do they need to FedEx it if original is needed? Also, since birth and marriage certificates are needed for both,how do I send in 2 marriage certificates? Can I send in 1 original and 1 certified copy ? And a certified copy means notarized copy right?
Thanks for your help.

Updates....As today, I have not heard anything the USCIS CSC for my mother (I-130) after submitting the DNA results. This case is taking too long!

Updates....As today, I have not heard anything the USCIS CSC for my mother (I-130) after submitting the DNA results. This case is taking too long![/QUOTE

HOPE AND WISH THAT YOUR MOTHER'S CASE GET POSITIVE RESULTS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

As I was worried about the I-130 for mother, I decided to check again today the case status online. Finally....the I-130 has been approved. Now waiting for the approval notice in the mail.

Post Decision Activity

On November 21, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Thanks KRUNAL.... I just checked the online case status and the I-130 for my mom has been approved. The approval notice was mailed today. Now, I will be waiting for my father's I-130 approval. Hope it will be soon.

Updates....As today, I have not heard anything the USCIS CSC for my mother (I-130) after submitting the DNA results. This case is taking too long!

HOPE AND WISH THAT YOUR MOTHER'S CASE GET POSITIVE RESULTS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Clueless

And here I was thinking that I did my homework.. everyone of you sounds like PRO's to me and I m here clueless waiting only not knowing what's coming my way.

I became a citizen on 10-09-2012, on 10-21-2012 I sent the paperwork to petition my mother, she is in Costa Rica. I read all the information in the USCIS website, I submitted the I-130 with all documents. about 10 days latter I received the letter with the receipt number. I have been trying to check the status of the case online with the MSC receipt number but for some reason does not show anything :confused:.

About a week ago I called Imigration to the 800 number to ask why when I attempt to check the status of the case online all I can see was "Your case cannot be found..... blah blah blah". They did not have much information and provided me with an e mail address for me to ask why I cannot see the status online. I sent the e mail Tuesday and I m hoping I hear from them here in the next 2 weeks.

Nevertheless, when I read the consular process and I knew that I will have to file first with Immigration (I-130), and then I will have to deal with the Department Of State, however I have no idea what's coming on that end. I see notes about a Choice of agent???? & AOS fees? I imagine this fees are the Visa Fees? . Now I m more curious of what is a Choice of Agent?. I m kind of scared now I thought it seemed pretty easy, and now I m very concern.... boooo hooooo...

Hi All,

One quick question. Do we need to send the original birth certificate (in native language) or only the English translation/notarized of the birth certificate is enough for parents?

Thanks,
Sukhi

And here I was thinking that I did my homework.. everyone of you sounds like PRO's to me and I m here clueless waiting only not knowing what's coming my way.

I became a citizen on 10-09-2012, on 10-21-2012 I sent the paperwork to petition my mother, she is in Costa Rica. I read all the information in the USCIS website, I submitted the I-130 with all documents. about 10 days latter I received the letter with the receipt number. I have been trying to check the status of the case online with the MSC receipt number but for some reason does not show anything :confused:.

About a week ago I called Imigration to the 800 number to ask why when I attempt to check the status of the case online all I can see was "Your case cannot be found..... blah blah blah". They did not have much information and provided me with an e mail address for me to ask why I cannot see the status online. I sent the e mail Tuesday and I m hoping I hear from them here in the next 2 weeks.

Nevertheless, when I read the consular process and I knew that I will have to file first with Immigration (I-130), and then I will have to deal with the Department Of State, however I have no idea what's coming on that end. I see notes about a Choice of agent???? & AOS fees? I imagine this fees are the Visa Fees? . Now I m more curious of what is a Choice of Agent?. I m kind of scared now I thought it seemed pretty easy, and now I m very concern.... boooo hooooo...

Dont worry too much, Choice of Agent is a very simple form, you print it, and mail it to your mother, ask her to sign the form and write your name as an agent on her behalf to communicate with the NVC. National Visa Center. in USA. have it ready, do not send it now, because you have to have I130 approved and your application should be transferd to NVC form USCIS, and you will be give a case number. Wait for all that, just to save some time you can have it signed by your mothe rand keep it. Have a police clearence certificate done for your mother in her home country, you will be needing it.good luck, I 130 take 4-6mts usually to get approved

@ Suhki
you can send in Original birth certificated to NVC, the entire documents will be sent to the country where the paerson will be going for an interview, at the interview the original will be give back up on request on the same day. I can tell you this for sure because it happend with my DAD in india.

Here are the latest updates to share on how the I-130 petition for my mother is progressing...

- 11/27/12: NVC Received the file from the CSC.
- 11/29/12: I called the NVC to find out about the Case number and the IIN (Invoice Identification Number). They were given over the phone.
- 11/30/12: I received email from NVC about the AOS Invoice bill. So i went on and PAID right away online (Payment status: IN PROGRESS..). Then I emailed the bar-coded DS 3032 to the beneficiary (mother) via a relative so it can be filled and emailed me back. It was done in one day.
- 12/01/12: I received the signed bar-coded DS3032 from the beneficiary and emailed to the NVC.

Now I am awaiting for the next steps........

This forum has been very helpful to all over in how to smoothly handle the process of bringing a relative to the USA. I encourage everyone to share their experiences to help others who are new and looking where to begin.

I received below email for my father I-130. I would like to find out what is next steps ? We are thinking to go India with family for vacation and get father with us around July/Aug.

I would like to find out when US consulate mumbai approve visa and stamp in passport, How much time they allow my father to enter in USA ?

What will be next steps after I-130 approved ?

On November 30, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

I30 Petition -Parents already have EAD

I am here in the US, under 245i, and I already have EAD through my parents (F3). However, it looks like it will take a long time to get my green card since the priority date does not move. My son is turning 21 next month. I will have him petition me. I used a lawyer before when I first had my AOS. Do I need to get a lawyer again with my son's petition? Do I need to pay the fine for 245I again? What are the forms that I need. thanks