• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Hello. I have some questions i need answered please help. If you apply for you and your wife but only one meets educational requierments does that mean only one qualifies or do they both get the visa or does it cancel for both? also...the wife has zone 3 job fashion designer, but no education to back it up only experience....but I heard there once was an exception to this for nigeria. Is that true. the embassy wont tell my friends nothing...they only refer them to the website. but they dont want to spend the money if they are not eligible.

Any success story in the house????? Just wishing all forumites happy and democracy day and easy transition of power. May God make way for all of us.

Please i need your contributions on this matter.

I applied for the DV lottery with my middle name inclusive but my degree and waec results there is no middle name attached. I would like to know if this will be a problem for me at the interview? some are saying that i am good for the interview while others are saying that i need an affidavit from the law court to back me up. If anyone has undergone similar experience kindly advice for i dont want to take any chances

Hello. I have some questions i need answered please help. If you apply for you and your wife but only one meets educational requierments does that mean only one qualifies or do they both get the visa or does it cancel for both? also...the wife has zone 3 job fashion designer, but no education to back it up only experience....but I heard there once was an exception to this for nigeria. Is that true. the embassy wont tell my friends nothing...they only refer them to the website. but they dont want to spend the money if they are not eligible.

If the winner is the husband and he meets the educational requirements, they are good to go.If the principal applicant (the winner) is the wife and she has only experience in fashion designing, they might be denied in Nigeria.DV visa approval/denial mainly depends on the winner.

Please i need your contributions on this matter.

I applied for the DV lottery with my middle name inclusive but my degree and waec results there is no middle name attached. I would like to know if this will be a problem for me at the interview? some are saying that i am good for the interview while others are saying that i need an affidavit from the law court to back me up. If anyone has undergone similar experience kindly advice for i dont want to take any chances

Get an affidavit, not to take chances.Nigerians and names and Date of births.

Any success story in the house????? Just wishing all forumites happy and democracy day and easy transition of power. May God make way for all of us.

At this forum, you just have to wait till second week of June for success stories to be coming in.

education applies only to the principal applicant

@ Efia. It is only the principal applicant that must have the required educational qaulification. so if you are the winner then you are good to go. But if it's your wife as a fashion designer, then she's not good to go. As that is not a qaulifying work under the visa lottery. Gudluck and God bless!

yea, wen considerin d sum 2b paid 4d visa stuff(+ kids). But hu knoz, by sept , d fiscal year dv2011 will end. Hu noz, If d issued visa hasnt cum near 1,500 of d 3,500 max limit 4 9ija (7% of 50,000 visas) n like (35k of 50k in total 4d world), may be they MIGHT just consider u based on ur spouse hu has edu/job qualifcatn. (just guessin)......So if i were u and financially boyant, i will go deeply in God worship and giv a try.................Do consult immigration expert on DV issue especially..........gud luck

To all we DV 2012 hopeful, i pray God 4all of us 2 c u hav been selected 4 4da processing on ESC, come July 15th............Good luck will be ours, Goodluck Nigeria..........

@Lanreb, U dnt need 2 remove d laminatn on ur result, al my credentials were laminated & i had no issue wit it. I pray dat ur interview ll be successful Insha Allah.

It is well

Just do your part, which is to prepare very well and I know God is there to give you good success. We await your testimony of a successful interview. I will be having mine 2wks later, june 23.

Please guys, I need your help on this. I've changed my host to a family friend in New York instead of the one at Atlanta Georgia filled on the form sent to kcc. I have the affidavit of support and all necessary papers from my new host. Do I need to forward this to the embassy before my interview date on june 23, or I just go with it on my interview date.
Then I also need more clarification on the visa fee issue because i see that some family of 3 or 4 on the forum say they pay $819. Is that an error or what. Someone said I'll have to pay $819*4. I have 2 kids of ages 5 and 1+, then my wife. Please help me out. Thanx.

Please guys, I need your help on this. I've changed my host to a family friend in New York instead of the one at Atlanta Georgia filled on the form sent to kcc. I have the affidavit of support and all necessary papers from my new host. Do I need to forward this to the embassy before my interview date on june 23, or I just go with it on my interview date.
Then I also need more clarification on the visa fee issue because i see that some family of 3 or 4 on the forum say they pay $819. Is that an error or what. Someone said I'll have to pay $819*4. I have 2 kids of ages 5 and 1+, then my wife. Please help me out. Thanx.

You will go with it on your interview date and tell the CO that you want to change your POE .also you have to pay 819x4=3276usd since you are 4 in nos, so 819$ goes for each person..I wish you all the best on the day of your interview

@Lanreb, U dnt need 2 remove d laminatn on ur result, al my credentials were laminated & i had no issue wit it. I pray dat ur interview ll be successful Insha Allah.

Thank you so much Shakkyt....its nxtwk thursday when i will be facing the CO....By the full grace of Allah i will come out victorious .Amin Kufaryakum

Happy new month to my honorable forum members. Wishing those going to interview this month and the coming months a successful outing. God will favour you all, IJMN! Gudluck and God bless!