2011 March N-400 Tracker

Does anyone know processing time for FP depends on your District Office? I don't know why my FP process is taking longer than most filers because I have never been arrested nor cited & my name is not common. But I've noticed that it takes longer for those who live in Los Angeles/Washington DC compared to those live elsewhere. Is there anyone else from Los Angeles who are also waiting for their cases to be transferred? Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received:
Interview Date:
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

I had the exact same FP appointment date as you in Los Angeles. Although I did get a yellow letter I also did not get an interview letter yet. I guess it is normal having to wait for about a month.

LOS ANGELES:

02-22-2011: N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
02-24-2011: N400 received and priority date
02-28-2011: check cashed
03-03-2011: NOA received by mail
03-18-2011: FP letter received by mail
04-12-2011: FP appointment

I also applied in March 2011. I have a question about the section about trips to outside US. I go to Canada about once a week because I have family there (I live right at the border). In n-400 I just put down "multiple trips to Canada mostly less than 24 hours". My question is do they have information when I leave US. I know that they can tell at the border when I enter but can they tell when I leave by car? There are no stamps in the Passport (I am Canadian). Is my answer good enough for the interview or do I need to list all the trips. Again I have been going for a night or two at least once a week since mid 2009 and it would be almost impossible to trace back all those trips.
Thanks in advance for the reply :)

For the above posts, it has been 15 days since FP and no updates yet!

Thank you everyone, I feel better because I no longer think something went wrong after seeing comments from you all. Before, I was hoping in a way that I may be able to use my new US passport & travel at the end of July but I guess I'll have to give that hope up & use my Re Entry instead :(

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received:
Interview Date:
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

I also applied in March 2011. I have a question about the section about trips to outside US. I go to Canada about once a week because I have family there (I live right at the border). In n-400 I just put down "multiple trips to Canada mostly less than 24 hours". My question is do they have information when I leave US. I know that they can tell at the border when I enter but can they tell when I leave by car? There are no stamps in the Passport (I am Canadian). Is my answer good enough for the interview or do I need to list all the trips. Again I have been going for a night or two at least once a week since mid 2009 and it would be almost impossible to trace back all those trips.
Thanks in advance for the reply :)

For the above posts, it has been 15 days since FP and no updates yet!

Always be honest with USCIS ... I don't think they have a way of knowing how many trips you have had to Canada unless your passport is stamped, and they can't check their cameras for the 1000's of people crossing week.
to be on the safe side, tell them in person that you didn't know how to answer that question and that's why you put what put on there ...

most of the time people get denied immigration benefit not for committing something but for lying about it...

Good Luck

update
yesterday case transferred to local office it took a month and a week since fingerprint
now waiting for interview letter

YL received - driving license + court disposition document for traffice tickets required for interview. The YL was dated 5/2, the same day as my FP appointment.

update
yesterday case transferred to local office it took a month and a week since fingerprint
now waiting for interview letter

wow... I'm also almost a month and 1 week after the FP and nothing.... the "wait" is just frustrating!!! i hope to get something real soon

so a quick update...

i looked on line and the status changed to : TESTING AND INTERVIEW

so now I'm waiting to get the IL .... i saw most of you here got it within 5 days from the change... I'm hoping then to get it this week.
cross my fingerer's

Yeah I was planning to tell them that I take all these trips.. Will all the trips I still have more than enough physical and continual presence days to apply now so I'm not gonna hide it for no reason. Good advice. Thank you @marklivinglarge :)

hi neway
may be we would get the interview letter by monday,
by the way did you received yl yet

no i didn't get the yl as well... but i can imagine what they want me to bring - I'm just going to bring it all!!!! (just in case hhhhhh)
i cant wait to get the IL .... hoping the interview will be no later then June.
it look like our time line is very close... so i guess we will have similar progress - lets keep each other posted :)

here i added the signature...

lets see what the mailman will bring with him this week :)

Last edited by a moderator:
new update!!!!!

just got my IL today!!! yeahhhhh

interview set up for june 13th.

good luck to all of us in the process...

Minneapolis, Mn
Sent App 02/28/11
Recv'd date 02/28/11
Notice date 03/02/11
Check cashed 03/03/11
FP Letter Rec'vd 04/04/11 scheduled for 04/28/11
Yellow Slip - Pre Interview Notice Recvd - 04/27/11 - advised to take State ID with me to Interview
FP Taken 04/28/11
Online Update 05/09/11 to wait for IL letter in 14 days

Hi All,
Why some got yellow letter why some not? I don't get any yellow letter just a text message and e-mail said that my N400 is now scheduled for the interview. Any idea?

Hi All,
Why some got yellow letter why some not? I don't get any yellow letter just a text message and e-mail said that my N400 is now scheduled for the interview. Any idea?

i got my IL with another form that tell you what to bring with you to the interview.... i don't know if that's the YL (as its white LOL).
I'm also going to bring with me much more then they requested (i want to make sure i have it all with my just in case)

Yellow letter is only if additional information is required by USCIS. It takes 2-8 days for interview letter and possible YL to arrive by snail mail. Your on-line status change is not even 24 hours old so you will need to wait for the USPS mail.