2011 March N-400 Tracker

@marklivinglarge Sair112 didn't have to register for SS 'cause he was on a non-immigrant visa during his age of 18-26. International students are an exemption.

For Sair112...you can just show the officer when you transferred your non-immigrant visa to an immigrant visa, hopefully you were over 26 by then. Hence you don't have to prove anything after that.

I know "Sair112" did not have to register, but everyone is required to provide proof of registration with SSS (if any) ....there is a form that needs to be filled out and signed by the selective service administration to be handed over to the immigration officer when asked about selective service registration to avoid possible delays .. it does not hurt to be over prepared ....

It's called : Request for Status Information Letter

and here is the link ...

http://www.sss.gov/Status.html

Some folks are not required to show proof of registration with the SSS, though.

per http://www.sss.gov/Status.html

Need a Status Information Letter or NOT?

No status information letters are required from the Selective Service System for :
Non-U.S. male on a valid non-immigrant visa
For example, if the man entered the United States as an F-1 student visa and remained in that status until his 26th birthday, he would need to provide documentation indicating that he was admitted on an F-1 visa and attended school full-time as required. Acceptable documentation for this situation include a copy of his I-20 form or a letter from the school he attended indicating his full-time attendance as a non-immigrant alien. The same thing applies for all non-immigrant statuses.

I know "Sair112" did not have to register, but everyone is required to provide proof of registration with SSS (if any) ....there is a form that needs to be filled out and signed by the selective service administration to be handed over to the immigration officer when asked about selective service registration to avoid possible delays .. it does not hurt to be over prepared ....

It's called : Request for Status Information Letter

and here is the link ...

http://www.sss.gov/Status.html

Some folks are not required to show proof of registration with the SSS, though.

per http://www.sss.gov/Status.html

Need a Status Information Letter or NOT?

No status information letters are required from the Selective Service System for :
Non-U.S. male on a valid non-immigrant visa
For example, if the man entered the United States as an F-1 student visa and remained in that status until his 26th birthday, he would need to provide documentation indicating that he was admitted on an F-1 visa and attended school full-time as required. Acceptable documentation for this situation include a copy of his I-20 form or a letter from the school he attended indicating his full-time attendance as a non-immigrant alien. The same thing applies for all non-immigrant statuses.

Speaking from my own experience. I entered the US when I was 27 years old, so I did NOT have to register for SSS but I had to provide a letter from SSS, my original passport and I-94 ...

As I said before, everyone needs to take as much proof as he/she can to prevent possible and necessary delay by USCIS. It does NOT hurt to be over prepared ..

Good Luck

Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your post!!!

marklivinglarge, good luck on your interview! (If I remember correctly, yours is coming up few days before my husband's, so it's really soon).

Drlove, good luck to your father as well :)

And of course, good luck to the rest of people waiting for their letters and interviews :)

Just a quick update about my case.

I got to the interview on time, the officer called my name, he then went over the whole application with me to mak sure the information I have provided is still current and correct..
I was asked 6 easy test questions ... the officer congratulated me , and asked me if I wanted to do the oath the same day ... and I said .." HELL YEAH "

I waited 1 and 1/2 hour in the waiting area, called me again surrendered my green card, and received my certificate shortly after the oath ...

I wish you all the best ... and Good Luck with your steps to naturalization ...

Ok, so the YL arrived indicating to bring the driver's license and court records.

03/08 - Mailed package to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail
03/10 - Delivered
03/15 - Check cashed
03/18 - NOA received
03/21 - FP NOA received
03/25 - FP walk-in done
04/12 - Case transferred to a local office (as of online status)
04/16 - IL received (scheduled for Jun, 09)
05/12 - YL received

I got to the interview on time, the officer called my name, he then went over the whole application with me to mak sure the information I have provided is still current and correct..
I was asked 6 easy test questions ... the officer congratulated me , and asked me if I wanted to do the oath the same day ... and I said .." HELL YEAH "

I waited 1 and 1/2 hour in the waiting area, called me again surrendered my green card, and received my certificate shortly after the oath ...

Congratulations! :D

Congrats! Can you post your Timeline? Thanks!

Congrats! Can you post your Timeline? Thanks!

Here is my timeline:

N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011
YL Received 04/07/2011
IL Received 04/14/2011
ID 05/16/2011
Oath Letter & Ceremony on 05/16/2011
Applied for passport on 05/17/2011
Will be received on 05/19/2011 @ 2PM

Social security information was updated on 05/17/2011

Where did you apply for passport?

Here is my timeline:

Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
YL Received 04/07/2011
IL Received 04/14/2011
ID 05/16/2011

Update via sms & email:

"Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview"

Should hopefully get the actual letter and interview date by the end of the week.

Interview Experience

I've been checking this forum for the last 4 years and found the information very helpful. I had my Interview yesterday and was recommended for approval. The interview was very straightforward. The officer went over the questions in my application form. I did get asked a few dates from my Assylum application. I had a DUI in 1997, but have submitted the original court disposition in my N400 package. After 10 min of going over my N400 application I was asked the civil questions and written ones. Here is my time line:
Assylum Approved: 12/1996
Applied for a GC 2003
Green Carrd approved May 2006
N400 Mailed 3/1/2011
NOA received 3/7/2011
FP notice received 3/20/2011
FP Done 4/1/2011
IL Received 4/15/2011
Interview Date: 5/17/2011

Fingerprinting Completed.

Location - Minnesota
11/March/11 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ
14/March/11 - N-400 Received
17/March/11 - Check Cashed
18/March/11 - Confirmation Email
22/March/11 - NOA Received
20/April/11 - FP e-notification
22/April/11 - FP letter
18/May/11 - FP Appointment
XX/XX/11 - Case transferred to local office.
XX/XX/11 - Received Interview Letter
XX/XX/11 - Interview -
XX/XX/11 - Ceremony Letter
XX/XX/11 - Ceremony -

Special note. The staff at the St. Paul, MN Application Support Center were wonderful. They worked with us to ensure that one of us (wife and I) could be with your young children while we were being fingerprinted, and were very friendly and helpful to our kids. They went above and beyond.

-r

I've been checking this forum for the last 4 years and found the information very helpful. I had my Interview yesterday and was recommended for approval. The interview was very straightforward. The officer went over the questions in my application form. I did get asked a few dates from my Assylum application. I had a DUI in 1997, but have submitted the original court disposition in my N400 package. After 10 min of going over my N400 application I was asked the civil questions and written ones. Here is my time line:
Assylum Approved: 12/1996
Applied for a GC 2003
Green Carrd approved May 2006
N400 Mailed 3/1/2011
NOA received 3/7/2011
FP notice received 3/20/2011
FP Done 4/1/2011
IL Received 4/15/2011
Interview Date: 5/17/2011

Which DO you belong to?

Here is my timeline:

Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
YL Received 04/07/2011
IL Received 04/14/2011
ID 05/16/2011

Congrats Mark! Been following your case. So happy for you! Double congrats again! You give people hope!

Congrats Mark! Been following your case. So happy for you! Double congrats again! You give people hope!

Thank you ....

Passport book and card are in hand now ... Proud to be an American, it's an awesome feeling.

I will be checking these forums periodically, if anyone has questions about anything. I will more than happy to help ...