Want to travel to Dubai as an asylee... Please help!!!!!

immi_1234

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone!
I have been granted asylum April 2010, I want to visit my brother in dubai. I understand that dubai dose not issue visas on RTD but only on passports, Can i use my NP (valid) to get visa and enter/exit dubai and use my RTD to enter US? who will i have to go through at the dubai airport when i exit to come back to US? will it cause any problems for me?. I have been looking for an answer but i have not been able to find anything. If anyone knows anything about this please help me.

Looking forward for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a few people on this forum have done that safely, but there might have been a couple who had some issues. Do you speak Arabic? That would help you explain why you don't have a GC or US visa and instead have a Travel Document.

i had the same problem many years ago, i wanted to go to kuwait to visit my brother who live in kuwait, kuwait does not accept RTD, I used my NP to enter kuwait, when i was leaving coming back to USA i had to show my RTD at the airline counter , then i proceeded to the immigration counter where i showe them my NP, when i arrive at the US airport i gave them my
RTD, the only problem i encounter was at kuwait airport, the employee at the airline counter did not recognize my RTD, it was a frightening situation, later on his supervisor told him
to accept it

I have a question, if I don't have a GC, what documents do I show to travel? Do I use my Passport too?

Thank you everyone for your answers and help i really appreciate it. John Smith 1 can you tell me which year was it when u went to Kuwait? do you think now people at the Dubai airport are more familiar to the RTD? Also i want to ask you why could you not show your passport at the counter? who where at the immigration at Kuwait air port?

My friend used Advanced parole document at Dubai airport too many times when he flew back to USA. He flew Emirates Airline. They never gave him any hard time.
If they recognized and respected advanced parole, then most likely they will accept RTD when you fly back to USA.

Keep in mind that you can not use RTD to enter UAE.

dear immi
at the airline counter at kuwait airport i had to show them my RTD not NP because they need proof iam eligible to enter to USA, as you know NP doesnt have visa
and when i proceed to the immigration counter, all the officers were kuwaiti of course, i had to show them my NP because this what i used to enter kuwait and i had to surrender my visa,
kuwait doesnt issue visit visa on passport instead they issue a piece of paper says visa my brother had to mail it to me before i left to kuwait

i just want to take the time to thank you all for sharing your experiences with me, all the information that is really helpful for me and i ll able to use all of it to make a best decision. i want your opinion on this that i have family in Dubai, do u think that i should tell my brother to go to the airport and try to confirm that how will they treat a RTD holder if he wishes to fly from Dubai to USA? don't you think that when i ll come back to USA they will ask me that where have you been because there is not going to be any kind of exit or entry stamp on my RTD or will there be? Can u help me with this question? i know my questions must be irritating for you guys but i just want to make sure because i don't want to put my Asylum status in trouble or want to be deported.

when you arrive at USA ,you show the immigration your RTD, if they ask you about your passport you show them NP and explain to them that you used it to go to dubai because dubai
dont accept RTD, you show them your NP only when they ask you about it, it really depend on the officer, most of them they dont ask aything

Well from all the help and discussion that we all have had here i have come to this point that RTD would have no problem when i come back to US the only problem that i would have (if i have) will be at the Dubai airport with the airline. So i spoke with my brother in Dubai today and told him that if he can fine anyone who works for Emirates airline at the airport to fine out how do they handle a RTD holder. Do they let him travel back to US or not. I think that should solve the problem... What i still understand id that if i ll show my NP at the immigration will they not check my visa for the US or their job is to only make sure that i am exiting on the same passport upon which i entered. may be you can help me with this question John Smith 1.....

i believe the immigration at dubai airport is similar to kuwait, their job is to check you are leaving with the same NP and to make sure you entered dubai with a valid visa,
its only the airline company job at the airport responsibilty to check your US immigration document

I totally understand that they do not let ppl enter in UAE on RTDs thats why i ll be using my NP to enter UAE. To exit i ll show my RTD to Emirates Airline and at the immigration i ll show my passport on which i entered, When i ll reach US i ll show my RTD to get in US.

Like i mentioned earlier that i will be getting some help from my brother who lives in UAE, he has a friend who works for the Emirates Airline at the air port so he was able to get some imformation about the travel documents and other visa exemptions when traveling from UAE to US.

Here it is....

TIMATIC-3 / 11AUG10 / 1120 UTC
VISA FULL TEXT FOR: U.S.A. (US)
VISA REQUIRED.
VISA EXEMPTIONS:
- NATIONALS OF THE USA AND CANADA.
- RESIDENTS OF THE USA IF HOLDING:
- PERMANENT RESIDENT/RESIDENT ALIEN CARD (FORM I-551)
- US PERMIT TO RE-ENTER (FORM I-327)
- US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT (FORM I-571) ISSUED TO
QUALIFIED ALIEN REFUGEES.
-
THOSE ENTITLED TO TRAVEL UNDER THE U.S. VISA WAIVER PROGRAM
(V.W.P.) TRAVELLING ON HOLIDAY BUSINESS OR FOR TRANSIT
PURPOSES ONLY AND STAY DOES NOT EXCEED 90 DAYS (SEE V.W.P.
CONDITIONS BELOW):
- FOR HOLDERS OF A BRITISH PASSPORT ENDORSED BRITISH
CITIZEN. SUCH PASSPORTS HAVE THE AUTOMATIC RIGHT OF ABODE
IN THE UNITED KINGDOM BUT THIS IS NOT EXPLICITLY MENTIONED
IN THE PASSPORT
- FOR HOLDERS OF OTHER BRITISH PASSPORTS WHICH ALSO CONTAIN
A CERTIFICATE OF ENTITLEMENT TO THE RIGHT OF ABODE ISSUED
BY THE UNITED KINGDOM

SO i think that i should be good.... What do you guys think? Please share 'becuase i am dieing to meet my mother,father,brother and my fiance'

Once you arrive UAE the immigration officer will stamp enter on your NP. On exit you will show your RTD to Emirates Airlines to satisfy them stating that you dont need a visa for the US and then proceed to the Immigration Officer and present your NP that will be stamped exit on the same page where it was stamped for entry.

Dont make the mistake of showing your RTD to the Immigration officer on exit as they have no clue what an RTD is and they might think that you are trying to do some kind of passport fraud which is very common in UAE.

So just be careful.

Note Emirates Airlines doesnt issues visas it is the UAE Immigration that does all the issuing.

Good Luck

BTW what your nationality??