Want to travel to Dubai as an asylee... Please help!!!!!

yes folks i am planning to do as we discussed, i am sure it will work. also i am going to send my brother at the airport to find out more information and also try to get a hold of a manager at the airport who works for Emirates Airlines so that if anything goes wrong we can contact him and get the matter sorted out. My friends i must say that joining this form has been wonderful for me and i REALLY appreciate your help. I will give more details when my brother will get back with me... In the mean while if anyone finds some more information please share. I am from Pakistan

alright i have a very important question.

I came to US on a student visa however i dropped out of status for about 1 month and then when i came to know that the ICE was looking for me i went voluntarily and the detained me.

I was in the detention center NJ for about a week and then i was bailed out and filed the case etc etc....

I was out of status for about 20 to 30 days.

Do u think that if i leave US and when i come back i can be inadmissible under the INA

1. section 212(a)(9)(B) prior unlawful presence. This section is triggered if you had unlawful pressence in the US and you left the country for any reason before getting a green card. Re-entering the US with RTD before getting GC doesn't give you automatic rights to waive 212(a)(9)(b)

2. section 212(a)(6)(A)(i) arriving without admission or parole. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
alright i have a very important question.

I came to US on a student visa however i dropped out of status for about 1 month and then when i came to know that the ICE was looking for me i went voluntarily and the detained me.

I was in the detention center NJ for about a week and then i was bailed out and filed the case etc etc....

I was out of status for about 20 to 30 days.

Do u think that if i leave US and when i come back i can be inadmissible under the INA

1. section 212(a)(9)(B) prior unlawful presence. This section is triggered if you had unlawful pressence in the US and you left the country for any reason before getting a green card. Re-entering the US with RTD before getting GC doesn't give you automatic rights to waive 212(a)(9)(b)

2. section 212(a)(6)(A)(i) arriving without admission or parole. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

As far as I know, section 212(a)(9(b) is for people who overstayed their visa for more than 180 days and then left the country before getting GC. Ask your lawyer before leaving the US. Also google it and read it carefully line by line.

Having RTD and asylum status without GC doesnt give you automatic rights to waive any inadmissibility so think twice and ask a lawyer.

Thank you for your fast reply dear assylum. Can you tell me if there is anyway i can found out if i am admissiable or inadmissiable before i leave from CBP,DHS or USCIS or anyother department?

I have the same problem and don't know what to do

Immi I have the same problem as you had. I want to travel to Dubai but apparently, they do not issue visas with RTDs. I have a US RTD and also my NP is valid but I am worried that if I use my NP to get a visa, that might cause me problems with the US authorities. I appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks

Hello everyone!
I have been granted asylum April 2010, I want to visit my brother in dubai. I understand that dubai dose not issue visas on RTD but only on passports, Can i use my NP (valid) to get visa and enter/exit dubai and use my RTD to enter US? who will i have to go through at the dubai airport when i exit to come back to US? will it cause any problems for me?. I have been looking for an answer but i have not been able to find anything. If anyone knows anything about this please help me.

Looking forward for your advice.

Immi I have the same problem as you had. I want to travel to Dubai but apparently, they do not issue visas with RTDs. I have a US RTD and also my NP is valid but I am worried that if I use my NP to get a visa, that might cause me problems with the US authorities. I appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks

This will be an issue during your US citizenship interview if you planning to apply. I have been asked by the IO specifically why i renewed or used my passport to travel. Make sure when you are traveling you are traveling ,have a compelling reason for you to travel and document all information.

well feri to be honest with you i did not travel yet. i did send a person at the dxb airport with a copy of my travel document, he came back and told me that they are saying that we dont have any problem letting the person fly back to US if all the documents are true.... but to be honest i am scared to travel to dubai what if something will happen... i will be applying for my GC on the 21st of april and hope fully getting it in a few months so then i can travel... but i have also told my brother to get some information abt this matter so he will let me know in a few days as soon as he dose i ll port it here for you...

This will be an issue during your US citizenship interview if you planning to apply. I have been asked by the IO specifically why i renewed or used my passport to travel. Make sure when you are traveling you are traveling ,have a compelling reason for you to travel and document all information.

can u please tell me your story also... and did you get your citizenship after using your NP?

can u please tell me your story also... and did you get your citizenship after using your NP?

Yes I did. But during the interview IO was adamant that using passport as an asylee is asking for protection from your COP. Like I stated in my other posts, if I hadn't prepared all the document that justifies my business trips, I would have been toast.

BTW I haven't traveled to my COP or any neighboring country.