• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you Sogdian, Norkira, i2009 and everyone else for your support and sharing your advices and experiences with me.
Sogdian, I unintentionally walked towards the mailbox several times. hehe.
Norkira, yes, our cards display fingerprints. Infopass is a good idea and but I think this is now only a technical issue from now on and you do not have the pressure anymore since you are an LPR already.

That's what they said...they probably went out of ink or something, but the IO said it does show on file you did you fingerprints so it doesn't matter. Oh well, we tried :)

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case! (No, I didn't get my card. Not yet!)

I had an infopass this morning. I talked to some lady who was knowledgeable and professional.
She was able to answer my questions and even went to check the actual file. She said that
All of my files (AOS, KCC, A-File) were there and I am ready to go...

I thank each and every one of you who has been supporting me in this process.

I pray that all of "the good people" of this forum get their cards and be better off in their lives...

Congratulations Capolive! I am very happy for you! I am sure now things will go much faster for you!

It seems like the day was really good because we also received our cards today. Yes, it is finally over!

I started this whole thing in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful and all praise and thanks are due to Allah!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and support!

Congratulations!!!!!
I wish you all the best, and hope you'll find a great new job that will give you a peace and good life.
Good luck!!!

Hi friends,

I had an infopass this morning. I talked to some lady who was knowledgeable and professional.
She was able to answer my questions and even went to check the actual file. She said that

I pray that all of "the good people" of this forum get their cards and be better off in their lives...

Congratulations capeolive!!!
Now you know everything is all right. You can relax and wait with a smile for your interview:D

Dear guys,
many sincere congragulations to capeolive, Ahad and all others who have update in their cases. I called the doctor to get a copy of my medical exam report. The lady in the office told me they don't give copies, they can't. I asked what if they want another copy, she said if they want they will give me a form which has the required documents and then I should bring that to them. I hope they don't ask for a copy where my file includes the original one, it sounds meaningless but still. I have another question: do they accept email bank statement copies or should I get one from the bank?

Thank you.

Hi Jasmine182,
I am surprised that she couldn't give to you. But obviously that depends from doctor you visited.
My doctor gave to me copy when I did, even I didn't ask for it.
But they probably sent you standard letter and you would not need a copy at all.
What is about bank statements, I saw some other applicants had them.
Do we need to bring them, too???
I submitted letter from my employer, with amount that I get every week. And also I sent them affidavit of support. Should I bring bank statements, too ???
I'm confused :*

Hi jasmine182,

Since they have the original hopefully they won't ask for a copy of I-693.
For the bank statements it will be better to get original copies from the bank.

You have my best wishes for your upcoming interview...

Dear guys,
many sincere congragulations to capeolive, Ahad and all others who have update in their cases. I called the doctor to get a copy of my medical exam report. The lady in the office told me they don't give copies, they can't. I asked what if they want another copy, she said if they want they will give me a form which has the required documents and then I should bring that to them. I hope they don't ask for a copy where my file includes the original one, it sounds meaningless but still. I have another question: do they accept email bank statement copies or should I get one from the bank?

Thank you.

Hi new one,

Every supporting document about financial sufficiency would help.
Like W-2/1099, income tax return, employment letter, recent pay stubs ,
I-134, bank statements etc. They may or may not ask for them at the time
of the interview but sometimes they do. So if somebody has means of getting
these documents, it won't hurt.

As a rule of thumb "it is better to be over-prepared than under-prepared"
and at the time of the interview "don't mention the things you couldn't get, unless asked for them"

Hi Jasmine182,
I am surprised that she couldn't give to you. But obviously that depends from doctor you visited.
But they probably sent you standard letter and you would not need a copy at all.
I submitted letter from my employer, with amount that I get every week. And also I sent them affidavit of support. Should I bring bank statements, too ???

Great Capeolive

Start to save some money for your family trip now .........more bed room......... more shopping ..........How long you didn't see them ?
Good luck

Hi to All.
I have a question. What kind documents for AoS should DV-2010 winner submit?
Could please anyone list all documents? The person here in US 3 years. He is on F-1 status.
Thank you.

Hi friends,

Man, now you are ready to go!!! So, prepare all your documents and just enjoy your time while waiting your interview!!! Good luck!!!

???

Hi to All.
I have a question. What kind documents for AoS should DV-2010 winner submit?
Could please anyone list all documents? The person here in US 3 years. He is on F-1 status.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you middle.com

I have been waiting for years for this, I think I can wait little longer.

Just 19 Days, 16 Hours, 25 Minutes and 41 Seconds More! (This was a joke!)

Man, now you are ready to go!!! So, prepare all your documents and just enjoy your time while waiting your interview!!! Good luck!!!

Hi Bek,

Welcome to the forum. I am posting a sample cover letter.
Check it out add necessary documents like I-20 etc.
Always file the most recent forms to current addresses.
Take your time not much time is left so you should not make any mistakes.

Please add your signature from settings at the top of this page
Good luck to the person who is applying...

Friday, April 9, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

Even if he is a student he needs to submit W-2 form and also bank statement?????
What about school diploma? Person is in US over 2 years and still studying. So he needs to bring a letter from the school?

???

QUOTE=Bek;2179070]Even if he is a student he needs to submit W-2 form and also bank statement?????
What about school diploma? Person is in US over 2 years and still studying. So he needs to bring a letter from the school?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bek,

If USCIS goes by the book they have a right to check if the person
has enough income to live in US without becoming a public charge.
The minimum amount per year is called Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You can check earlier pages of the forum for more information.
If the person does not have enough income s/he can find a sponsor
and get I-134. USCIS has a right to check it, most of the time they don't
sometimes they do. Again there is plenty of information on earlier pages...

QUOTE=Bek;2179070]Even if he is a student he needs to submit W-2 form and also bank statement?????
What about school diploma? Person is in US over 2 years and still studying. So he needs to bring a letter from the school?
[/QUOTE]

Ok. I see.
Does Letter of Support help? Or it should be I-134?

Ok. I see.
Does Letter of Support help? Or it should be I-134?[/QUOTE]

If you can find a sponsor it'ld be really great, but if don't, I think the best way is to have a letter from you school, that you're a student (even if you have valid visa F-1) and find a job offer, it'ld help!

Ok. I see.
Does Letter of Support help? Or it should be I-134?

If you can find a sponsor it'ld be really great, but if don't, I think the best way is to have a letter from you school, that you're a student (even if you have valid visa F-1) and find a job offer, it'ld help![/QUOTE]

Ok. I'll try to find sponsor. My visa is expired. But my I-20 till 2014.
Thanks for advise.

Hi Jasmine182,
Hi new one,
they don't explicitly ask for medical report or bank statements, they just mentioned as "all related DV documents". I wanted to be assured that I have what I can. As far as the bank statements, they don't ask for them either. Just in case.

Thank you so much capeolive, you have been so helpful for me and the forum. I am so waiting for the time to give a big size "Thank you" to all.