Awaiting Asylum Response

I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive.

M,

You can never predict, i know they can deny after 2weeks or even 2years, they can also accept any time. The thing is, it might be that they have a lot of applications to attend to thus delaying, that means your case may still have not been reviewed even after those two months. OR, they are doing the background check which for some people can get stuck for up to 3 or even 7 years. It is never predictable. It is a really complicated system, they know if people masters it, they will counter it.

Thanks Asylum and Mr. Bird.
Will this take a year to get result??? Like Mr. Bird it took you a year to get your I-94?

Hi,
please anybody help me. what this means....
I appeared for Asylum interview right 3 months ago, today I got a letter from USCIS saying that they have rescheduled my interview and I am given another interview date to appear. what does it means?? The AO told me on that day that if he has any question he might call me again.. but I am getting worried. Already I have waited quite long.
Does this happened to anybody??
your response will be very much appreciated.
thanks

Hi,
please anybody help me. what this means....
I appeared for Asylum interview right 3 months ago, today I got a letter from USCIS saying that they have rescheduled my interview and I am given another interview date to appear. what does it means?? The AO told me on that day that if he has any question he might call me again.. but I am getting worried. Already I have waited quite long.
Does this happened to anybody??
your response will be very much appreciated.
thanks

This is common, the AO has reviewed your case and may have some questions that he want you to answer before making the final decision. This is better than when they make decisions on assumptions. Basically, it's more or so the same interview with the first one you had, but you will be required to provied much more detailed answers than the last time. Just study your case well and be confident. You will make it.

Me and my family are awaiting response after the interview. We are planning to apply for an EAD next month.. I`m on an H1B visa that expires in 2012 and can be renewed for another 3 years. Now here are my questions:
1.Should I apply for an EAD since I`m allowed to work for my current employer?
2.If I receive an EAD and then my H1B visa is up for extension, can my employer go ahead and extend it?
3. If I receive an EAD and then receive a denial later, can my employee apply for an H1B extension after the extension date?
4. If I get an EAD , does that affect my H1B visa?

April 2011- Submitted I-589
April 2011- Received Receipt Notice
May 2011- Biometrics Done
May 2011- Received Interview Notice
June 2011- Interview Done
Awaiting response

Me and my family are awaiting response after the interview. We are planning to apply for an EAD next month.. I`m on an H1B visa that expires in 2012 and can be renewed for another 3 years. Now here are my questions:
1.Should I apply for an EAD since I`m allowed to work for my current employer?
2.If I receive an EAD and then my H1B visa is up for extension, can my employer go ahead and extend it?
3. If I receive an EAD and then receive a denial later, can my employee apply for an H1B extension after the extension date?
4. If I get an EAD , does that affect my H1B visa?

I Think the best you can do is to talk with a lawyer about it,
I know with an h1b visa you can only renew it for 3 years more and then only for one year, unless you have a labor certification approved or in process. This is in case you employer wants to sponsor you for a green card.
Since you are with your family here, it will be good if you can request them the EAD so they can work in the US, because the dependents of a h1b visa (H4s) are not allowed to work here.

Good news
Hi all friends,
I want to share my good news with all of you guys. Today I went to asylum office for my reinterview. to my surprise they did not take my interview. the AO came to my attorney and said that he is discussing my issue with the Supervisor and soon they will call us. After an hour. they called my name and gave me asylum approval letter. This is the biggest news I have heard in the last 3 years. I am thankful to all of you guys who have replied to my queries.

Applied August, 2010
Finger scanning, OCT, 2010
interview date: Oct, 2010
rescheduled interview: Dec, 2010
2nd rescheduled interview: May 2011
waited for 3 months and after that get an other letter for reinterview. went to day and without interview they gave me I-94
I am so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy today

any question are please welcome.....

good news
hi all friends,
i want to share my good news with all of you guys. Today i went to asylum office for my reinterview. To my surprise they did not take my interview. The ao came to my attorney and said that he is discussing my issue with the supervisor and soon they will call us. After an hour. They called my name and gave me asylum approval letter...

congratulations!!!! Just thank god!!