• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ghana 2008

Yes, because you will be at least attended by a consular officer when you submit the rest of your documents.
What about a case where you submit every document as required? Again, is the affidavit from supporter something I can not avoid? He doesn't have enougth Can I use papers of my car and tractor as well as My bank statement? I am 2009 winner

What about a case where you submit every document as required? Again, is the affidavit from supporter something I can not avoid? He doesn't have enougth Can I use papers of my car and tractor as well as My bank statement? I am 2009 winner

The officer asked whether I had done the medicals, meaning he would have loved to conclude my case. That also means it is permitted to get all docs before going there. The medicals issue is just an advice to make sure winners dont waste money. I spent 260 Cedis yesterday.
I think it is safer getting the affidavit. They are interested in sponsor's annual income, tax returns for three years, etc. Dont sell your tractor, you may regret. Your bank statement and the affidavit are enough.

The officer asked whether I had done the medicals, meaning he would have loved to conclude my case. That also means it is permitted to get all docs before going there. The medicals issue is just an advice to make sure winners dont waste money. I spent 260 Cedis yesterday.
I think it is safer getting the affidavit. They are interested in sponsor's annual income, tax returns for three years, etc. Dont sell your tractor, you may regret. Your bank statement and the affidavit are enough.

jorj93, can you please elaborate on your medicals. Did you get all your vaccinations, chest x-ray, blood test (HIV) and physical exams for GHC 260.00? What vaccinations did you receive? Which center did you use for your medicals.

I am assisting a friend in Ghana who was lucky enough to win DV2009, so your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
jorj93, can you please elaborate on your medicals. Did you get all your vaccinations, chest x-ray, blood test (HIV) and physical exams for GHC 260.00? What vaccinations did you receive? Where center did you use for your medicals.

I am assisting a friend in Ghana who was luck enough to win DV2009, so your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, everything was 260 (actually 259). Vaccinations had were Hep B, polio, influenza, tetanol, mmr and chicken pox.

Xhugas,Which letter are you refering to? The first from KCC? Then I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... Vinesoft, What date did you receive your first letter from KCC? Where are you currently located in Ghana?

jorj93, thanks for the information. Can you please tell me which centre you used.

Hi Medpharm, I went through your posts in order to understand you better. Remember I have said it before that INTERVIEW BEFORE MEDICALS if you are processing your DV case in Ghana. Your second letter will indicate where to do your medicals which include AKAI HOUSE CLINIC (Osu, close to the old american embassy), HOLY TRINITY CLINIC (North Kaneshie), MEDLAB (Roman Ridge). At my interview the officer gave me the same list plus SHALOM MEDICAL SERVICES (Tema). Each clinic has its own speciality but let your friend go to AKAI HOUSE and she will be okay. Dont/she shouldnt rush, because her interview will probably come up in 11-12 months time. I hope this helps.

Praying

Hi Abeku and all other Ghanaians with high case numbers, I still follow the bulletin because of you. Praying.

Hi Abeku and all other Ghanaians with high case numbers, I still follow the bulletin because of you. Praying.

good to hear from you. We are alive and kicking.Come next bulletin and we'll all be current.. fingers crossed.

Hi Medpharm, I went through your posts in order to understand you better. Remember I have said it before that INTERVIEW BEFORE MEDICALS if you are processing your DV case in Ghana. Your second letter will indicate where to do your medicals which include AKAI HOUSE CLINIC (Osu, close to the old american embassy), HOLY TRINITY CLINIC (North Kaneshie), MEDLAB (Roman Ridge). At my interview the officer gave me the same list plus SHALOM MEDICAL SERVICES (Tema). Each clinic has its own speciality but let your friend go to AKAI HOUSE and she will be okay. Dont/she shouldnt rush, because her interview will probably come up in 11-12 months time. I hope this helps.

jorj93 thanks for the follow-up. Actually in this years NL, they included the list of the centres for the medicals. I was just wondering which ones provide you with the opportunity to complete the vaccinations, physical exam, chest x-ray, and bloodwork, etc.. all at once. You are right there is no rush, but I wanted to make sure she had all the necessary information so she can plan accordingly. By the way I believe for the 2009 fiscal year, the cases will move a little bit faster, hence I expect her CN to be current in the next 9 mths.

Abeku, this is certainly our expectations. I am much more optimistic that the next bulletin would show AF current. That is when the reality will show up.

Any Chances For Very High Case Numbers?

DOES ANYONE KNOWS SOMEBODY WHO'S BEEN ISSUED VISA WITH A HIGH CASE NUMBER, LIKE AF 50 TO 60.:eek:

DOES ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT MEDICALS IN ITALY; WHERE & WHEN IT'S DONE?

Country__Ghana

CN__ 2008AF56xxx:)

DOES ANYONE KNOWS SOMEBODY WHO'S BEEN ISSUED VISA WITH A HIGH CASE NUMBER, LIKE AF 50 TO 60.:eek:

DOES ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT MEDICALS IN ITALY; WHERE & WHEN IT'S DONE?

Country__Ghana

CN__ 2008AF56xxx:)

If Africa becomes current in September, you would hopefully be interviewed. I suggest you do a search on winners from Italy so that you learn from their experiences.

This is great information.Does anyone in the house know anything about Medical Lab/Biomedical sciences jobs in US.
wishing all success

Af00030xxx.

Has anyone with Ghana chargeability for DV2008 been granted a visa yet?
Wife won the lottery, forms completed and sent to Kentucky and received on 20/06/07.
Since then No news. We live in London and requested the posting to be done to London.
Case num: AF00030XXX.
Should we contact Kentucky to check on progress? Could medicals be done before second letter arrives. Does anyone know of a recognised medical centre in London for DV issues?
Desperately waiting

if this is really your CN and you are not from Nigeria then i'm afraid you might be running out of time because i know someone whose CN is 38xxx who has received the 2nd NL and preparing for interview in London early June.Call KCC asap for further update .

Medicals GHC 300

I was at Akai House today for my medical results and I learnt I will have to pay extra GHC 40 for the remaining two shots for HepB, making 300 in total.

Chale I no hear anything ooh. Mail came in yesterday. Nothing relating to DV. :(
I no know, sometime the big G wants me to stay in GH. Congrats to those who are going. Peace.