• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 CP Interview Experiences

hpccs are you a DV 2009 winner?

HI there Macon, yes I am. But I fill the letters late because I had an issue with the address.
Im 23 years old. I dont have financial supports. Only my car, it cost like 23.000$ USD. may I show this? or can I ask someone of my family to borrow me the equivalent of 10.000$usd to my account here in Venezuela? I have an uncle in USA, should I ask him to fill a Adaffit for me? or just send me a Job letter notarize?

thanks for you help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi in Turkey some cp process are refused this week from 12 people only 2 of them get visa others are get red paper and clerks are said tehm u r condıtıtons are not acceptable sorry a kınd bye bye :(

I look the evıdence of them they have bank account bettwenn 10k to 30k usd one of them have notary stamped job offer and affıdavıt sponsorship letter also .. Waht is can be real reason the country case number can be finished or some thıng aus ..:S:S
??? really strange cases ??

What is ur comments...

İn a case the clerk look the petıtıoner evıdence and wrıte a whıte card to send hım ups desk one other clerks come and close mıcrofon and say some thıng to ıntervıewer clerk then she change the mınd and start the ask more questıon the ıntervıewer then says sorry u r refused really strange ??

any comment about thıs.. If the numbers of vısa ıs ended why they not say ıts end :S???

Hi in Turkey some cp process are refused this week from 12 people only 2 of them get visa others are get red paper and clerks are said tehm u r condıtıtons are not acceptable sorry a kınd bye bye :(

I look the evıdence of them they have bank account bettwenn 10k to 30k usd one of them have notary stamped job offer and affıdavıt sponsorship letter also .. Waht is can be real reason the country case number can be finished or some thıng aus ..:S:S

What is ur comments...

İn a case the clerk look the petıtıoner evıdence and wrıte a whıte card to send hım ups desk one other clerks come and close mıcrofon and say some thıng to ıntervıewer clerk then she change the mınd and start the ask more questıon the ıntervıewer then says sorry u r refused really strange ??

any comment about thıs.. If the numbers of vısa ıs ended why they not say ıts end :S???

That is very odd and quite scary. Only 2 out of 12 people?! Are you sure it is CP for Diversity Visa and not another type of visa? Rejection for non-immigrant visa is quite common but not for immigrant visa. For non-immigrant visa, the CP interview required more than just having the right documents and the right proof of finance, it requires someone to not show any immigrant intent infront of the consular. On the other side, an immigrant visa applicant doesn't require the show the consular that he doesn't have an immigrant intent. So, all they are required is proof of documents and maybe answer some questions related to the applicant.

If it is true that it is for DV visa, then there are many different reasons for rejections. It could be because they don't have the right documents, they lied on their applications, they didn't pass the medical exam, or they commit crimes or illegal actions in the past in the home country or in the U.S.

Here is the law on what makes someone inelligible to get a visa:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html

Here is from the Q&A from one of U.S Embassy:

My visa was refused. Why did this happen and what do I do now?
U.S. consular officers are only allowed to issue immigrant visas to those applicants who qualify under the law. A visa can be refused for a variety of reasons. For example, your immigrant visa could be denied if you have a criminal record, if you lie during your visa interview, if you lived in the United States without permission, or if your economic documents are insufficient. There are many other possible reasons that a visa can be refused. Please see 9 FAM 40.6 Exhibit I for an abridged list of ineligibilities (i.e., reasons your visa may be refused).

Some immigrant visa refusals may be overcome with additional evidence (for example, 212(a)(4) - public charge), some refusals require a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security (for example, 212(a)(9)(B) - unlawful presence) before a visa can be issued, and some refusals are absolutely permanent (for example, 212(a)(2)(C) - controlled substance trafficker). On the day of your immigrant visa appointment, the consular officer will interview you and either will approve your visa or deny it. If the consular officer approves your visa, you will usually receive the visa package in three days. If the visa is refused, the consular officer will give you a refusal letter listing the section of law under which your visa was refused. The letter will also give you detailed instructions on what to do next. It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly. If you don’t follow the instructions, you can be sure that your case will be delayed, and it is possible that you will lose your chance to live and work in the United States. Please contact us if you do not understand the instructions in the letter. We will be glad to answer your questions. Despite what some people might tell you, luck has nothing to do with whether you receive an immigrant visa or not. Consular officers base their decisions solely on the law, regulations and Department of State policy. If you come to the Immigrant Visa Unit prepared and follow the consular officer’s directions completely, you will be much more likely to receive your immigrant visa. A word of caution -- Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) contains the following warning: “The Department of Homeland Security investigates claimed relationships and verifies the validity of documents. The Department of Homeland Security seeks criminal prosecutions when family relationships are falsified to obtain visas. Penalties: You may, by law be imprisoned for not more than five years, or fined $250,000, or both, for entering into a marriage contract for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws and you may be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to five years or both, for knowingly and willfully falsifying or concealing a material fact or using any false document in submitting this petition.”

I am in agreement Gerindo here, it is very difficult to comment on these refusals with out the proper information in hand. As a rule, the Consulates want to give you the DV visa, the onus is on the applicant to prove that they are eligible.

I would suggest that there are other reasons the visas were not granted. It is also possible that the applicants did not have all the required documentation, and were told to go and come back when its complete?
Did they all qualify under the education/work experience rule? Before people start getting all worried about a post like this I would urge them not to worry about it too much. As long as an applicant can meet all the qualification criteria they will be granted the visa. Only individual applicants themselves honestly know if they meet all the requirements. There are many of those requirements that an applicant can fall down on, this is why over 100,000 NL’s are sent, and only 50,000 visas issued.

I am in agreement ....
...... this is why over 100,000 NL’s are sent, and only 50,000 visas issued.

100k NL's are sent to principal applicants and 50k visas are issued to winners+their immediate families.

So, I guess, only about 1/3 of those who get NL will get a DV visa. Pretty low...

What is ur comments...

my suspision is that they did not pass the medicals. for example they had evidence of TB or HIV. They should go back to the doctor and request a copy of their medical report (assuming they were ok on educational & income/affidavit of support).

In my case, the FIRST thing (after I paid the fees ofcourse) they looked at was the medical envelope. The officer reviewed it twice, before she said it looked good. Then after that, she started requesting all other documents.

I suspect that I had failed medicals, the would not bother to look after the rest of my documents.

Claudjen 1 , you can call KCC and give them your case number. Their telephone number is on the first NL. :)
Macon- just read your reply,thanks a lot and good luck with your interview:cool:

my suspision is that they did not pass the medicals. for example they had evidence of TB or HIV. They should go back to the doctor and request a copy of their medical report (assuming they were ok on educational & income/affidavit of support).

In my case, the FIRST thing (after I paid the fees ofcourse) they looked at was the medical envelope. The officer reviewed it twice, before she said it looked good. Then after that, she started requesting all other documents.

I suspect that I had failed medicals, the would not bother to look after the rest of my documents.

I had to wait for my medical results for 10 days. When I called to asked if they were ready I was told that they were and that there was no problems with them. I was given a supplemental results sheet in addition to the sealed envelope that clearly stated all the results. Is this not the normal procedure for pre-immigration medicals?

gerindo, alemitmee, TNDV2008 ,
tHAT REFUSAL İS NOT MİNE A BOY FROM TURKEY that u askede we asked already in forum to him. he says passed medical passed all and the clerk while wrıte the white paper for approve the visa and send him to ups desk another clerk (this is a afroamerican man) he close up microfon and says some thıng to officer then she change the words and try to ask refusal qouestion really we didint understand him. But tehere is must be a mental reason of course... When i learn it i ll share it with u here. Good luck to all interviewver and usually they will get visa just be cool..:)

Best luck to all Thanks Again Gerdino for ur professional answer ...

desk another clerk (this is a afroamerican man)

:confused::confused::confused:

we dont need to know what race the officer was, unless u r reading race into the decision.

u think it would make a difference if it was a european-american, or chinese-american officer???

I'm qualified both by education and work experiences. Will consular officer ask for present job and all previous jobs? Do I have to present work evidences?

gerindo, alemitmee, TNDV2008 ,
tHAT REFUSAL İS NOT MİNE A BOY FROM TURKEY that u askede we asked already in forum to him. he says passed medical passed all and the clerk while wrıte the white paper for approve the visa and send him to ups desk another clerk (this is a afroamerican man) he close up microfon and says some thıng to officer then she change the words and try to ask refusal qouestion really we didint understand him. But tehere is must be a mental reason of course... When i learn it i ll share it with u here. Good luck to all interviewver and usually they will get visa just be cool..:)

Best luck to all Thanks Again Gerdino for ur professional answer ...

Very strange case indeed :confused: I have yet heard anything like that. If I understand this correctly, He was approved by one person and then another person said He was denied?

If his paperworks and medical are clear, and his background check is clear too, the only thing thing I can guess is that He must answer something that is inconssistent with His case or lied about His applications. This usually can be as simple as asking who is his sponsor is or what is his DOB. Consular usually don't just reject immigrant visa with no reason. I would be interested to hear what this guy story is in detail.

Anyway..don't stess it too much Mustangy. Consular review each case indvidually and not because someone is belong to a certain race or came from a certain part of the country.

Just prepare as much as you can for the interview. We help each other in the forum to avoid strange rejection like that guy you mentioned.

Good luck :)

Gerindo thank u very much i m not stressed really but thanks any way ..
TDNW2008 it doesnt matter for me chınes afro or another amerıcan i belive we al equal really its doesnt matter. but if the guy speak truly and honestly some thıng happend whıle learn the true stroy i ll explaın here to help next people be sure. also i m try to connect thıs guy face to face if can i ll explaın to u. But i m think like u some thing is must be wrong with this guy ...

its a reject wıthout reasın ç. We will lerand dv visa number finizh for turkey or not in the next a few days.

Thanks for ur advise gerindo i ll get visa 99% im sure ..:) and try to be a good man in usa be humanıst and help to as much as i can to people and anımals.
:) lol sory for my english thats all for now. its will be better when i go to TOEFEL in NEw York.

:) lol sory for my english thats all for now. its will be better when i go to TOEFEL in NEw York.

This is my advice to you, given that english is not your better language...

When u go for the interview, answer ONLY what they ASK you. DO NOT try to explain yourself unnecessarily, especially now that your english is not good.

When I did my interview, I kept my answers short and only answered what was asked ... for example

Officer: "was your wife working?"
Me: "no"
Officer: "what was she doing to earn a living"
Me: "she is a stay-at-home mom raising two kids"
Officer: :did she bring home any money"
Me: "no, sir, she is not allowed to work in US under the B2 visa"
Officer: "ok"

see the trick question in # 3?...he wanted me to say something stupid like she worked illegally, which she did not, and there was no reason for her to "bring money home"

again, be precise, clear and to the point...even with limited english skills, u will be ok

I would like to share my interview experiences when they are still fresh in my mind.

I had an interview on Aug 11, 08 at the consular office in Bangkok. My appointment was 8 AM, I got there on time but there were other interviewees who were there since 7 AM or so...so the interview at this post is on 'first come first serve basis'.

I was told by the reception to stop at the immigration visa window to submit my documents. The following is the list of the document I brought (they took everything) and I made a photo copy for all of them.
- passport
- ID/house registration (required for this post)
- birth certificate
- all degrees/transcripts
- I134
- prove of financial
- letter from my employer/employment contract
- 2007 tax return/W2/payslip

The officer at the immigration visa window started calling people for the interview at 8.30 AM. I was called for the interview at 10.45 AM. As soon as I showed up at the window, the officer said hello and asked me to raise my right hand to swear that the information I have provided is accurate.
Officer: please raise your right hand and ...
Me: I do
Officer: please put your hand on the scanner
Me: done
Officer: please sign your name on this line
Officer: congratulation on your immigration visa
Me: thank you

Then he started asking a bunch of questions about my education (begin with undergrad level and so on, nothing about high school level); just about the years that I graduated. There were a couple questions about my previous and current jobs - like what did/do I do and where in the US do I live. Then he gave an appointment card to come and pick up my passport on Aug 13 (the 12th is the national holiday). The interview was less than 10 mins.

I would like to thanks everyone in the forum that shares the interviewing experience and preparation for the documents. Any DV winners who are waiting for their cases to become current, make sure you do the research and follow the instruction given by KCC and you would not have any problem with the DV process.

Good luck to everyone.

I would like to share my interview experiences when they are still fresh in my mind.

I had an interview on Aug 11, 08 at the consular office in Bangkok. My appointment was 8 AM, I got there on time but there were other interviewees who were there since 7 AM or so...so the interview at this post is on 'first come first serve basis'.

I was told by the reception to stop at the immigration visa window to submit my documents. The following is the list of the document I brought (they took everything) and I made a photo copy for all of them.
- passport
- birth certificate
- I134
- prove of financial

The officer at the immigration visa window started calling people for the interview at 8.30 AM. I was called for the interview at 10.45 AM. As soon as I showed up at the window, the officer said hello and asked me to raise my right hand to swear that the information I have provided is accurate.

Then he started asking a bunch of questions about my education (begin with undergrad level and so on, nothing about high school level); just about the years that I graduated. There were a couple questions about my previous and current jobs - like what did/do I do and where in the US do I live. Then he gave an appointment card to come and pick up my passport on Aug 13 (the 12th is the national holiday). The interview was less than 10 mins.

I would like to thanks everyone in the forum that shares the interviewing experience and preparation for the documents. Any DV winners who are waiting for their cases to become current, make sure you do the research and follow the instruction given by KCC and you would not have any problem with the DV process.

Good luck to everyone.

HI there could you please explain me how do you did with the I134? I have a friend who can fill it for me. but whats next? he just complete the questions and what I should do after whit the form.? Just take it with me to the interview or notarized or something?
Thanks

- passport
- birth certificate
- I134
- prove of financial

Good luck to everyone.

Hi FMFIA
I'm from Bangkok too. Do I have to show tax return either? Do you work and stay in US at the moment?

re hpccs: just take the completed I134 to the interview, no need to notarize the form.

re herrmeister0159: if you are working in the US, they will likely ask for your tax return as part of your prove of employment. They immediately asked for my return when I was providing them the letter from my current employer.

Did you request the tax return transcript from IRS? or did you just take your W2 and your 1040 forms that you filled to file for tax returns?