Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

It took me almost 4 months after my interview! Sit down and relax lol.
:cool:i applied for asylum based on my past persecution on sexual orientation and its now 75 days without any decision, does anybody have an idea how long it takes for Chicago office to mail out decision. i am now broke and life is no longer easy as i cannot work just lazy around at home.
application, Nov 12
bio-metrics, Nov 12
interview, Dec 2012
till today march 2 no response from them. and please is there any web site that i can check the status of my application. any contribution or ideas will be appreciated

If you dont have a PRC "Green Card" I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR COP USING YOUR RTD.

I traveled twice using my RTD and no GC, but I went to Europe!!!

Ps: Seriously I dont get it! People are deeeeeeeesperate to get asylum and once they have asylum They are deeeeeeeeeesperate to go back to their COP. Why did you ask for asylum then?

Hello Colombian11...did you finally travel before getting your GC? I'm having the same dilemma right now but I'm not going on vacation but for a family situation.

People request asylum for MANY reasons. Sometimes, the reason is that LIVING in their country, with no other country to escape to, is the problem. VISITING, on the other hand, is a different matter, and some people can slip under the radar just as visitors, especially after having left for a period of time. Also, don't forget the derivative asylees, who do not have as much fear as primary asylees, and sometimes NO fear at all.

What I don't get is how asylees have so little understanding of why someone would want to go to their COP for various reasons. Surely, the fact that they were persecuted and doubted should make them a little more open-minded, understanding and accepting.

If you dont have a PRC "Green Card" I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR COP USING YOUR RTD.

I traveled twice using my RTD and no GC, but I went to Europe!!!

Ps: Seriously I dont get it! People are deeeeeeeesperate to get asylum and once they have asylum They are deeeeeeeeeesperate to go back to their COP. Why did you ask for asylum then?

Hello gandrud, let me give you an overview of why I need to return to my COP

I was kidnapped for political reasons back at home, I was held captive for three days and they drugged the f*** out of me, they emptied my bank accounts and then after I survived, they put a gun on my dad's face and warned him that the next time was gonna be the last one. So I came to the US and after that my family got new threats, my dad was put on a dead list with a bounty on his head. My grandma is 83 yrs and is gonna have a surgery that we don't even think she's gonna make it.

I am completely alone in this country, all my family is back there and I haven't been able to be by their side through all the difficult times, this could be the last chance to see my grandma alive.

In simple words, I sought for asylum because I feared for my life; but that doesn't mean that I have to forget about my family, friends and everything that made me who I am....and I'm sure this is nothing compared to other crazy stories from other asylees, so before you say something like that, you should consider that other people' life might not be as simple as yours...or you still don't think this is enough for me to want to go back?

getting a kenyan visa on RP

anyone with an experience with Kenyan embassy issuing visas on RP? the website states Travel doc applications for certain countries are sent to Nairobi immigration for processing which takes abt 3months..since am not in the list of countries listed, does that mean i'll get my visa within the normal 10days?

Hi everybody. I have a question. I have pending asylum application. Can I apply for Advance parole ONLINE? And also I'm seeking asylum from Russia. And I want to go to Ukraine because I have some relatives living there. So I think my parents would come down there to spend some time with me in Ukraine. But I am afraid that I might have problems entering US after. Because technically I could travel from Ukraine to Russia just with my Russian internal passport and technically US government wouldn't be able to find it out because they don't put any stamsp on Ukraine-Russia border. What should I do. I miss my family and I really wanna see them. At least in Ukraine.

Asalym interview is still pending

Hello everybody .i need a help . I applied for asalym interview on july 2013 but its march 2014 th ans they still didnt call us to have an interview .does anybody know how long its going to take ?how is the process and maximum how long should i wait? My lower said that he can speed it up by sending them some letter but how does that work ?is it just to get money from me becouse i have a very urgent situation or it does work ?thank you

Hello everybody .i need a help . I applied for asalym interview on july 2013 but its march 2014 th ans they still didnt call us to have an interview .does anybody know how long its going to take ?how is the process and maximum how long should i wait? My lower said that he can speed it up by sending them some letter but how does that work ?is it just to get money from me becouse i have a very urgent situation or it does work ?thank you

It is not unusual to have long waits for asylum cases. A letter from your lawyer isn't going to speed anything up. Yes, he is trying to get more money out of you.
You have a case number and an alien number. By now you should also have a social security nr and employment authorization. Take all your documents to an immigration office and ask them to check on your case. Or call the USCIS. Don't depend on the lawyer to pull you out of this.
It seems to me you need to travel out of the country. If you're thinking of going back home, get those thoughts out of your mind right now. Otherwise, bye bye asylum.

Hello Forum

Is it OK to travel with Green Card Through asylum to abroad? Can bring proof of my NOT visit to COP, such as hotel reservation, receipts and anything that prove i only visited certain country which accepts US permanent residents without passport

AGAIN it is Not COP I am going to visit

So after reading posts here in this thread I figured out that Green Card (Through asylum) alone is pretty enough document to enter US and paying money for Refugee travel document is waste of money and time. Refugee travel DOC is basically needed between your asylum status and green card.

Is it correct?

Now question. What US requires you to show them at the port of EXIT (Port of Entry we already clarified it is Green Card which will satisfy them), Do they ask you to have your Original Passport (NP or Passport from your country of origin)? I am going to foreign country which welcomes US green card holders, no US passport or visa is required to visit that specific country, So what I will be asked to present at the port of EXIT?

Please be specific when you ask these questions - tell us the country you are visiting. This is not considered personal information, and it'll help a lot more.

So, if you're crossing the Canadian border by car, for example, you need only the GC to leave and come back. If your NP is still valid, you should take it just in case.

By air, yes, you still only need a GC to enter the US, but they will ask for the passport/travel document too. Most countries also require your passport/travel document. If you are comfortable using your NP outside of your COP, go for it if it is still valid. Renewing it is another issue.

If you don't want to use your NP, you can still apply for either an RTD or RP to use in lieu of your NP.

Will I have problem on my asylum interview if I couple time visit not my native country with advance parole? Some of people sad that it ll be not approval asylum 100%. Is it true???

Hi all, i am new here and i love all the support and advise people get from here, i need one today as well. I have a pending case for asylum and my wife's too...initially i had a 183 days out of status thingy and my wife has was 52 days out of status, we came on b1/b2 and then applied asylum, now we want to travel to canada, europe etc and also to my COP to settle a property issue, can i do that if i get a travel parole, will there be problems in entering etc. please share some advise or experiences if any. thanks. bobby

Hi all, i am new here and i love all the support and advise people get from here, i need one today as well. I have a pending case for asylum and my wife's too...initially i had a 183 days out of status thingy and my wife has was 52 days out of status, we came on b1/b2 and then applied asylum, now we want to travel to canada, europe etc and also to my COP to settle a property issue, can i do that if i get a travel parole, will there be problems in entering etc. please share some advise or experiences if any. thanks. bobby

I suggest that you should talk to an immigration attorney ASAP if you want to Travel (if at all) I am Serious . It may Complicate your Asylum case.

I understand and I am very accepting of people who want to go to COP for many reasons family matters, Sickness included, business or work related. I just went through this mess early this year and my asylum was approved while still consulting to leave while ailing father needed me most ,I lost him in August and am still waiting for RTD. Leaving the United States, even with an Advance Parole Document, may impact your ability to return to the United States.

You need to apply for Advance Parole and Travel document because your NP use is not advised , You have to collect evidence for emergency travel, Travel abroad etc. it's a Privilege and not a right and USCIS has Discretion to issue the document or not . It's not cheap a document you have to pay $ 390 incl. Biometric ,Postage or bank charges etc. and it takes about 2 months for USCIS to collect Biometrics after Receipt notice and 5 months to get it[Plan accordingly]. Postings from this website dating back to 2000s says very well that RTD and GC are documents that guarantee ability to return to the United States.

I suggest that you should talk to an immigration attorney ASAP if you want to Travel (if at all) I am Serious . It may Complicate your Asylum case.

I understand and I am very accepting of people who want to go to COP for many reasons family matters, Sickness included, business or work related. I just went through this mess early this year and my asylum was approved while still consulting to leave while ailing father needed me most ,I lost him in August and am still waiting for RTD. Leaving the United States, even with an Advance Parole Document, may impact your ability to return to the United States.

You need to apply for Advance Parole and Travel document because your NP use is not advised , You have to collect evidence for emergency travel, Travel abroad etc. it's a Privilege and not a right and USCIS has Discretion to issue the document or not . It's not cheap a document you have to pay $ 390 incl. Biometric ,Postage or bank charges etc. and it takes about 2 months for USCIS to collect Biometrics after Receipt notice and 5 months to get it[Plan accordingly]. Postings from this website dating back to 2000s says very well that RTD and GC are documents that guarantee ability to return to the United States.

Thanks DoubleAA for this information, yes i also have some very sick family member who i want to be with but i guess the only way out here in to wait for my case to be approved, i applied nov 2014, interview was in June 2015 no progress known till date although i have my EAD and all.
I am hopeful now seeing your case getting approved. Best of luck to you and may you get the RTD soon.

Would love to talk more.

Hello all!
I have a couple of questions regarding traveling outside the U.S. me being an asylee and a GC holder. My spouse and I have plans to attend a wedding this November in India and after I plan to visit Italy and France. My flight leaves San Francisco connecting in Amsterdam then off to Delhi. Then on my way back I'll stop in Rome via Paris, then I'll fly to Paris then back to the U.S. Questions are: Do I need a RTD to travel abroad even if I have a GC, or can I use my NP to enter these countries? I don't want the fact of using my NP to be an issue when going through my Naturalization interview in a couple of years. Also will I need visas to visit this countries (India, Netherlands, Italy, France) if I use a RTD? Do these countries and airlines recognize the USCIS RTD?
Thank you so much!

Hello all!
I have a couple of questions regarding traveling outside the U.S. me being an asylee and a GC holder. My spouse and I have plans to attend a wedding this November in India and after I plan to visit Italy and France. My flight leaves San Francisco connecting in Amsterdam then off to Delhi. Then on my way back I'll stop in Rome via Paris, then I'll fly to Paris then back to the U.S. Questions are: Do I need a RTD to travel abroad even if I have a GC, or can I use my NP to enter these countries? I don't want the fact of using my NP to be an issue when going through my Naturalization interview in a couple of years. Also will I need visas to visit this countries (India, Netherlands, Italy, France) if I use a RTD? Do these countries and airlines recognize the USCIS RTD?
Thank you so much!

I have no idea man you should consult a good lawyer this seems to be a question for them, also i would suggest talking to more than 1 lawyer to have different opinions. have a great day!

miguelp35 - this is a common scenario where using your NP seems to be just fine as long as you do not expect trouble by using your NP from those who persecuted you. In this case, it seems unlikely; am I right? In which case, in my opinion, you can go ahead.

If you decide to get an RTD, you will need a Schengen visa (you will likely need an Indian visa in even if you use your NP anyway).

miguelp35 - this is a common scenario where using your NP seems to be just fine as long as you do not expect trouble by using your NP from those who persecuted you. In this case, it seems unlikely; am I right? In which case, in my opinion, you can go ahead.

If you decide to get an RTD, you will need a Schengen visa (you will likely need an Indian visa in even if you use your NP anyway).
My country of persecution is Brazil, so would it be ok to travel using my brazilian passport? That's the only one I have. Wouldn't I get in trouble when re-entering the US? Do I need to show immigration the passport I used abroad? Or just show them my GC? Also if I get a RTD, the Schengen visa should be from which country? This is my itinerary: On my way to India from the US I will connect flights in Amsterdam. Then I will depart India and go to Rome, connecting in Paris. Then off to Paris then back home to SFO. What would you do in this case? Thank you in advance!