I-485 Transferred

Response from my Attorney

I am responding to your email concerning your I-485 transfer. Please do not be alarmed by the transferring of your file. The USCIS has implemented a process called bispecialization" (see excerpt below). Under this process, all 485s will be adjudicated in either Nebraska or Texas. The message that you received indicates that your file was transferred to Texas. The transfer will not incur any additional delays in your processing. This is actually good news, that your case has been transferred to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the 485s. I will forward you a copy of any correspondence received.

Regards,
XXXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS IMPLEMENTS BISPECIALIZATION BEGINNING APRIL 1, 2006

Filing Procedures for Some Employment-Based Petitions and Applications Are Affected

On March 24, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued a press release formally announcing the bispecialization program under which the agency will centralize filings of certain applications and petitions. USCIS will align similar workloads between two "sister" Service Centers starting April 1, 2006. At the present time, workload is generally divided by geographic area among four of the agency's Service Centers. Under the new procedures, cases will be divided by product line and case type rather than geographically. According to the press release, all processing for new cases will be realigned as of April 1, 2006, although pending cases, with certain exceptions, will continue to be processed where they are currently on file. The Vermont Service Center (VSC) and the California Service Center (CSC) will handle nonimmigrant visa petitions filed on Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) and the Texas Service Center (TSC) will handle the remainder of the workload, including employment-based immigrant petitions filed on Form I-140 and related filings.

The new program alters filing procedures for Forms I-129, I-131, I-140, I-485, I-539, I-765, and I-907. Detailed instructions on filing and adjudication locations are provided below. In general, beginning April 1, 2006, all I-129 petitions and accompanying dependent forms will be filed at the VSC and adjudicated at either the Vermont or the California Service Center. All I-140 applications and accompanying forms will be filed at the NSC and adjudicated at either the Nebraska or the Texas Service Center. Until further notice, applications and petitions that are filed at a previously designated Service Center will be redirected to the appropriate bispecialized center, and the agency will honor initial receipt dates for those filings.

See http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/factsheets/bispecph01_24mar06fs.pdf for the full agency press release announcing centralizing filing and bispecialized adjudications.

I received the transfer notices in snail mail today (received email on March 2). The notice says in order to "speed" up the processing of your case we have transferred it to TSC. Interestingly I also received a second separate letter from USCIS stating that the required "security checks" remain pending so the processing of your case has been delayed. I think the letter may have been triggered by my lawyers inquiry - although not sure if its related to the transfer to TSC.

Has anyone else received the I-797 related to the tranfer to TSC?

looks like i was right about the transfer. The RD of the transferred cases is getting closer to 2005.
bottom line: it is pending at VSC, it is pending at TSC.... IT IS PENDING!!!!:mad:

I just e-filed renewals for both EAD and AP. I got "EAC" receipt numbers for both even though I entered 485 pending in TSC. I think this means that VSC is still processing the applications? Where am I supposed to send the supporting documents? Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

yet another LUD today

I just checked the status and there is another LUD on my I485 case for myslef and my wife. so far I had updates on 2,5,7,8 march...and may be one in end of feb aswell

Any approval after transfer

Did any one get approval notice after transfered to different office?

My Lawyer's fear

My case also got transferred to TSC just like everyone else here. My I-485 RD is 2005. My category is cuurent. However I talked to my lawyer about these transfers and she mentioned that a lot of pending I-485 cases have been transferred to TSC. She was not sure if all transferred cases will get to keep their RD priority or would TSC treat them as new cases. She is trying to find out. Will post once I learn more.

Another thing, she was unable to put a status check on my case since TSC is treating this transfer as an "event" on case and hence no status check request allowed for 60 days.

Recd Notices

Recieved NOTICES (in USPS mail) from TSC with original RECEIPT date (RD Oct 2003) and same EAC ######## ..and a Transferred Date : March 2nd 2007.

If you look closely...

In my case notice has Texas address but

on postage side .. it says mailed from zip code 05478..which is st. albans, VT :D

Recieved NOTICES (in USPS mail) from TSC with original RECEIPT date (RD Oct 2003) and same EAC ######## ..and a Transferred Date : March 2nd 2007.

I am now in TSC too

Folks:

Any idea what's going on... so many cases got transfered to TSC within few days. Mine got transfered yesterday!!!

Cheers!!!

Pallu - VSC 2 TSC

Pallu...

My case is little different than your scenarios...

I did my 2nd FP in Dec 06...but still got transferred...

Here is the scenario I think it is:

VSC has lot of cases than TSC. They sent the cases that are ready to be adjudicated and does not have anything pending NC etc, but just waiting for the VISA number due to retrogression.....

Raj

Pallu...

VSC has lot of cases than TSC. They sent the cases that are ready to be adjudicated and does not have anything pending NC etc, but just waiting for the VISA number due to retrogression.....

Raj
Can u post your signature in here. I bet u r 2004 filer. How r u sure about your NC clearance?

there were 3 more LUDs after my file was transferred to TSC. one on 2, then 5, 8, 9 march. is everyone else seeing the same ?

Add me to the list

My I-485 was also transferred to Texas Service Center.
RD: April 6, 2004

Checking in with my lawyer.

LUD today -no message

after transfer to TSC ....one time LUD on 03/09....

hey arm5262 ...post ur signature ...deails ...

there were 3 more LUDs after my file was transferred to TSC. one on 2, then 5, 8, 9 march. is everyone else seeing the same ?

I also had 3 more LUD changes after March 2nd exactly like arm5262 and status shows as "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.'

PD: July 2002.
I140 approved
I485 Filled on Dec 2003
Till today not even single FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
same storu

EB3,PD April2004,I140/I485 filed on Dec 2004,I140 approved-Dec2005.I485 transferred to Texas on 03/09,looks like mine is the latest wrt PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not agree with this analogy, as in my case, my PD is current but stuck in NC, yet it got transferred from VSC to TSC and so are other cases as well..

Pallu...

Raj