I-485 Transferred

Yes you do. I got a mail when my case was transferred from TSC to VSC.Your lawyer may also get one hopefully .

Do we get any notification (letter) from USCIS saying case has been transferred to TEXAS.
Is it sent to my lawyer or to me ?
Please let me know if any of have any information on this.

thanks

"I did not understand one thing why people who filed 485 around june, july 2006 did not file their 485 at TSC OR NSC as per Bi specialization ? "

I remember the starting date to file at NSC was 7/24/2006. You jumped the gun so your case was transfered back to VSC, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think so. It was before June 2006

"I did not understand one thing why people who filed 485 around june, july 2006 did not file their 485 at TSC OR NSC as per Bi specialization ? "

I remember the starting date to file at NSC was 7/24/2006. You jumped the gun so your case was transfered back to VSC, I guess.

See the following on the link that you have provided.I filed 140 & 485 concurrently.My lawyer sent my documents to Nebraska but they forwarded my case to TSC. May be you would have not filed concurrently.

USCIS announced the first phase of Bispecialization on March 24, 2006. Starting on April 1, 2006, all I-129 petitions are to be filed with the Vermont Service Center, and all I-140 petitions are to be filed at the Nebraska Service Center.

Applications that are concurrently filed (e.g. I-539 applications that are filed for the family members of I-129 beneficiaries; and I-485 applications that can be concurrently filed with I-140 petitions) continue to be filed concurrently.

Once an I-140 petition is filed, the Nebraska Service Center will either adjudicate it or forward it to the Texas Service Center for adjudication. The Petitioner or Applicant will receive a Receipt Notice ( I got TSC Receipt notice) from the service center that is adjudicating the case.

Check out
http://www.usvisahelp.com/filingtips2.html

I remembered the date because I thought for a while if we should wait till after July 24. We should have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine and My wifes case transfered from VSC -->> TSC

Mine and My wifes case transfered from VSC -->> TSC

Guys another decade of waiting ahead........

Name check delay

This message is for Ginnu & Experts,

I filed my I-485 at VSC in Feb'2006. My case is still pending because of Name check delays. My case has been transferred to TSC.
I contacted local senator and got response from FBI saying that my name check got initiated in Feb'2006 and got cleared in Mar'2006. However I got a different response from local congressman saying that my name check has been initiated in Mar'2006 and June'2006 and the status is pending.
Can anyone know if USCIS submits multiple name check requests?
I'm confused. Experts please advise.

thanks in advance.

Case transferred to TSC

My spouse's case got transferred to TSC too. We were told that his background chek is incomplete.

Guys,

My case has NOT been transferred. RD is 9/16/05 - other same-day I485 cases around mine are either approved a long time ago or transferred to TSC on March 15 as many of you. What's going on?!

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I140-RD Sep 05, AD Jan 06
I485-RD Sep 05
Inquiry #1: Nov 2006 - Ignored
Inquiry #2: 1/08/07 - Received a letter on 1/13/07 "background check"
Contacted Senator: Jan 23-30 thru email, fax, mail
CIS Ombudsman: 1/31/07 >> 3/1/07 got that useless 45-day answer letter
Contacted Congresswoman: 2/01/07 >> they sent a letter FBI. No response yet

Any answers?? Where to file EAD extn.?

Folks,

Count us in. Our cases (Self and Spouse) transferred to TSC on 3/13/07... I'm really not worried since our PD is far away but at the same time scared that they might loose track of our case.

I have two quick questions gurus please help...

1. I applied for a address change online + phone, the address seems not to have changed. the transfer notice went to the old address and was forwarded to the new address. should I call texas service center again and notify?

2. From now onwards where should I file the EAD extension, for the past 3 years I was filing with Vermont Service center...

TIA

Did you get any pointers to your questions yet? Please let us know.

Why not transferred?

EB I-485 cases got transferred from VSC > TSC and after 02APR07, VSC started receiving I-129 family cases. So, I guess the Bi-specialization program is done. Question: Why VSC kept some GC cases in their juridiction (old ones, RD under 2003)? They were supost to transfer 100% of these cases to TSC and they didn`t. Does anybody has any clue on this?

Today I received ASC appointment notice letters for 2nd biometrics of code 1. I'm not sure what it means. I just wanted to share.