I-485 Transferred

I received this message yesterday....Is this different than you guys'? Have you received similar message? I am confused.

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On March 1, 2007, we transferred this case to our WASHINGTON, DC
location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this
I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the
office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending,
call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them.
You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.
This case has been sent to our WASHINGTON, DC location. Follow the link
below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail
updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.

Case transferred to TSC EAD/AP ?

Today I received email that My 485 case transfer to TSC. I already applied AP renews last month in VSC. Where should I apply next EAD/AP ? TSC/VSC ?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys: I noticed around 61 postings with the same message of being transfer from VSC to TSC. I also got the same message of being transferred.
I request the guys who posted here about transfer. Kindly Check with your own lawyers and post the info and keep this thread alive then that would be helpful to all of us...

PD: Dec 2002 (EB3)
I-140 Approved & Filed Concur. Feb: 2004
Running on 5th EAD
Vic-Suzuki

today I also received an email about the case transfer

Today I also received this wired message saying that the case is transfered to Texas office....I am not sure what is going wrong in here now...

my PD is Jan 2003 and I did my I-485 finger printing Nov 2005.

Count me in

I got the same message today. Mine and spouse's x'fered to TSC from VSC. PD is Oct 1997 and ND is Jun 2004. Don't know what the deal is.

My name check was pending as of 6 to 8 months ago. Don't know what my current NC status is...haven't bothered to check.

My concern is- where do we now apply for EAD/AP renewals. Someone earlier mentioned that the rep told to apply with VSC. I thought the renewals go to the center where your case pending. Anyone know? Now even your DL is linked with the expiry date on your EAD. If EAD is stuck de to any confusion with these transfers, then you might as well be placed on DL :)

What an ugly mess...illegals seem a lot better off than the hard-working, tax paying, law-obeying sufferers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no apps with ND/RD of 2005 transferred. My guess is that they will transfer all cases starting with older ones. In the next weeks we'll see more transfers of 2005 filers.

Another one here

Got same message saying "On March 2, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION blah blah blah..." Hopefully, they are not moving the cases around just for fun.

Now even your DL is linked with the expiry date on your EAD. If EAD is stuck de to any confusion with these transfers, then you might as well be placed on DL :)

What an ugly mess...illegals seem a lot better off than the hard-working, tax paying, law-obeying sufferers.

Dugg, you mean your Driver License and EAD Expiration date is linked? I don't think that is true. You can get DL for 10 years no need to show your EAD at all.

Dugg, you mean your Driver License and EAD Expiration date is linked? I don't think that is true. You can get DL for 10 years no need to show your EAD at all.

it's true and wrong. It says on the license "legal status expire [date of EAD]" but the license itself not expires. BTW, can you get a DL based on EAD?

Same here folks. I just got the message today. I live in MA since I filed the case with VSC and I do not know what does it mean to us.

it's true and wrong. It says on the license "legal status expire [date of EAD]" but the license itself not expires. BTW, can you get a DL based on EAD?

I am talking about renewing the license. I just applied for renewal and they gave me a temporary DL valid for 90 days pending verification of secondary evidence. From what I understand, they will only renew it thru my EAD end date.

Can anyone who has renewed their DL based on EAD/485 can tell me otherwise. I live in Missouri for the record.

Guys

This is what i make out from the transfers of cases from VSC to TSC so far

Your PD is not current - Case is transfered to TSC

Your PD is current but NC not cleared or no recent FP in year 2007 - Case is transfered to TSC

what do u think guys

Your PD is current but NC not cleared - Case is transfered to TSC

Texas. SRCxxxxxxxxxx for EAD.

jhawilla-
was this reply of yours in response to where to file for EAD renewals if your case is transferred from VSC to TSC? Have you done it this way?

I am getting ready to file(paper) but do not want my application lost in this mayhem.

Mine & Spouse cases were transferred from VSC to TSC

Mine & Spouse cases were transferred from VSC to TSC
PD March 2003 EB3
ND April 2004

I am talking about renewing the license. I just applied for renewal and they gave me a temporary DL valid for 90 days pending verification of secondary evidence. From what I understand, they will only renew it thru my EAD end date.

Can anyone who has renewed their DL based on EAD/485 can tell me otherwise. I live in Missouri for the record.

I lived in PA long back and moved to TX. I kept my old DL for couple of years and change recently to TX DL, all they require is my PP & OLD DL and SSN card. They issued me DL valid for 10 years. It's so amazing how things work in case of illegal immigrants, they dont even have a SSN and no paper work, they get to drive as well in TX. May be it's just (a)lone star special ;-)

Same Status Message Here too ...

Dear Friends,
Our case (485) was transferred to TSC on 2nd of March, 2007 from VSC. We just renewed our EAD and waiting for 485 approval.

PD -- Jan 2003
EB3 140/485 -- ND Jan 2004
140 AD -- June 2004 :)
Just renewed EAD for the third time.
485 AD -- ???? :mad:

Good Luck to everybody who is waiting for their GC.

I am also in same boat. Mine , Spouse and child case also moved to TSC from VSC on 2nd March.

PD is July 2002

jhawilla-
was this reply of yours in response to where to file for EAD renewals if your case is transferred from VSC to TSC? Have you done it this way?

I am getting ready to file(paper) but do not want my application lost in this mayhem.

Yeah, but I e-filed and got an apointment letter from TSC for biometrics here in BOS.