Expedited Passport

One last question ingo07, how did you make it happen ? Was it because you approached your congressman/senator ?

Can you give more details on how/why they started looking in the mail room ?

As you know I'm still waiting for my son's passport and it's now almost 6 weeks and any info you can provide will be useful.

Thanks.

DanDan

Congratulations Ingo. Do not hesitate to write a stern letter to Ms. Rice about the mismanagement, feeling lucky that it all ended well is one thing, but the incompetence displayed must not be ignored, if nothing they will improve the system for some other "lucky" person waiting to apply expedited:)

My original passport was completed on 09/15 but it was not sent out. It was missorted at the mailroom for many weeks no wondering why they did not have the tracking number for me. My Nat. Cert was found there too according to my Congressman. The Passport Agency will send my Nat. Cert. back to us some times this week so we will probably receive my original Nat. Cert. by the end of this week. I hope it will arrive sooner then I can celebrate my happiness moment with my husband. It can not be happy more than receiving my Original Nat. Cert back and my 10 years passport even though my expedited passport was taking more than 7 weeks but I still felt very lucky in my PP journey. Don't you think so? Good luck to anyone who is still waiting for the Passport to arrive.

lngo07,

Congratulations! :) At the end your perseverance paid off. I wonder how many cases are like yours, hopefully not that many. Thanks for posting the results and the clarifications about the Congressman involvement. It makes you wonder that there should be someone in charge of verifying missorted mail every few days or once a week to make sure that there is no missplaced mail in the queue.

dandan123, good luck with your son's passport.

Again, thanks so much for all your concern about my expedited Passport.

Mr. DanDan123

Well, as the customer service told me that my Passport was completed and mailed out on 09/15 but no tracking number. I went back to my original message DoNotReply and knew that this message was sent out on Sat. night at 10:30 P.M. This meant no way my Passport and Nat. Cert. were sent out on that day since next day was Sunday. There were no mail to be picked up on Sunday. If it was sent out on Monday, then it would have the tracking number since I paid for overnight delivery as I talked to my Congressman's representative. She agreed with my theory. She contacted directly with the Passport Agency Center and they did some investigations on my package because there was no mail to be picked up on all day Sunday.
Finally, they found my package which was left inside the mailroom. Guess what? There also a good news for me to share today. I just checked my delivery confirmation of my Nat. Cert. and knew that it came today but I am still in work now.
I hope I will receive it in my mail box at home tonight. I will post on this forum when I get my Nat. Cert. back in my mail.

Mr. DanDan I think you should talk to your local Congressman about your son's passport if you paid for expedited service. Good Luck...!!! I hope you'll receive your son's passport sooner.

Congrats Ingo007 ... that is a wonderful news ...

Also, wanted to know if there is a way to track your passport application form using application locater number. I know I do not belong to this thread as my application is not expedited, but just wanted to check if anyone knows of any way to do so .... This number was given to me by customer service rep and told me to check status using that number...

Thanks !!!

Hi omorpheus,

You should be able to check the status at https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

This works for expedited and routine service.

I have been checking this link since last week but it does not list my application. That is why I called the Customer Service who asked me to use track by application locater. I couldn't find that option on website and hence wanted to know if anyone knows about that option.

Thanks !!!

I have been checking this link since last week but it does not list my application. That is why I called the Customer Service who asked me to use track by application locater. I couldn't find that option on website and hence wanted to know if anyone knows about that option.

Thanks !!!

For me, the status showed up after 5 days after I sent the application. Mine is expedited though.

I have an appointment to go in person and apply at a regional passport agency office in person. They ask me ti get proof of travel in 14 days. Will an printed itenary fro travel agent work ? thanks

I received my original Nat. Cert. & my original Passport on 10/02 with USPS express mail.
I guess I have to send back this passport since I already had the replacement one.
Finally, I am all happy with my Expedited Passsport even though it took more than 7 weeks long and I missed my trip to China on 09/17.
I can not be happier to see my original Nat. Cert again. We will plan our trip to China again. I am sure this time is for real. Good luck to all the people who are still waiting for their Expedited Passport to arrive.

Congratulations Ingo. You are indeed a happy person. This experience would have left most people bitter and angry. That is the way to go Ingo! Have a safe and enjoyable trip to China.

I received my original Nat. Cert. & my original Passport on 10/02 with USPS express mail.
I guess I have to send back this passport since I already had the replacement one.
Finally, I am all happy with my Expedited Passsport even though it took more than 7 weeks long and I missed my trip to China on 09/17.
I can not be happier to see my original Nat. Cert again. We will plan our trip to China again. I am sure this time is for real. Good luck to all the people who are still waiting for their Expedited Passport to arrive.

Congratulations. That definitely has to be a big relief. Now you would probably have to contact the passport customer service again to figure out which of the passports to return. Most likely the original one which might have already been declared lost. Having the naturalization certificate back is surely a great relief. Good luck with your trip, and many thanks for having kept us up to date.

Hi omorpheus,

You should be able to check the status at https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

This works for expedited and routine service.

I called customer service again and asked her to check why my application is not appearing online. She verified some information and when she spelled out my name, it was wrong ... :mad: She sent a mail to the issuing agency to fix it before mailing the passport.

Its strange that I generated the application electronically (it was correct on printed form) and even Naturalization certificate had correct name, so how could they enter the wrong spellings of name?

Thanks GOD I did not apply expedited else I would have to resend the passport again for rectification :confused: and would have taken same time as routine service ....

I guess the problem is that you spell your name omorpheus, instead of the usual morpheus ;) They might have thought that the 'o' was a typo. I hope you get the passport soon and with the correct spelling. I would think that at the time of printing the passport they would double check the spelling, but mistakes can be made, no doubt about it.

I guess the problem is that you spell your name omorpheus, instead of the usual morpheus ;) They might have thought that the 'o' was a typo. I hope you get the passport soon and with the correct spelling. I would think that at the time of printing the passport they would double check the spelling, but mistakes can be made, no doubt about it.

ROFL

As always, thanks for the kind words Huracan ... Just an FYI, my name has no resemblance with Morpheus or omorpheus :cool:... its just my nick name I use it on most of the forums ... :p

BTW, what is this ROFL? I know LOL but ROFL :confused:

Hi omorpheus,

I know it's just a nickname ;) What I wrote was just in fun.

ROFL. I think it means Rolling On the Floor Laughing :)

Hi omorpheus,

I know it's just a nickname ;) What I wrote was just in fun.

ROFL. I think it means Rolling On the Floor Laughing :)

I just received my voter registration card and they screwed up my name there too ... Some of the characters of name are swapped .... Any insight on how to fix that now :(

Hi omorpheus,

Time to change your name to John Doe ;) I'm sure they won't have any problem spelling that one :)

This page has an e-mail and phone contact:

http://www.sccvote.org/portal/site/rov/

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to correct the typo.

I just received my voter registration card and they screwed up my name there too ... Some of the characters of name are swapped .... Any insight on how to fix that now :(