Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I was going through the posts here for parents B1/B2 Rejected cases....

Looks like you tired three times. My perents got reject once I am trying to see what needs to be done.

Did u get the visas for u r perents ?

If so could u please post any details you could regarding B1/B2 tips for rejected cases

Let's saty on I-485 on this thread please.

Wife's EAD/Ap Question

With July's Visa Bulletin, My wife and I are eligible to apply for AOS. My question is that can I apply I485/EAD/AP just for her and only apply I485 for me? Is it valid or possible?

Your experience or comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Yes, it is valid and possible.

With July's Visa Bulletin, My wife and I are eligible to apply for AOS. My question is that can I apply I485/EAD/AP just for her and only apply I485 for me? Is it valid or possible?

Your experience or comments are welcome.

Thanks!

EAD and AP are always optional. Your I-485 petition allows you to be legally in US, but does not allow you top work (that is ead) or travel (that is AP). But if you want to do neitrher of these things, or if you currently have a status (H1 or L) that allows for this, then EAD and AP are completely optional.

By the way, there is no need that bothg of you even file I-485 at the same time (although, with return of retrogression I would not suggest it). You could the 'dependant' could file their I-485 anytime after the primary's (years later -- even after the primary gets their GC).

Remember, the primary is filing I-485 based on an I-140 (or I-130). All dependants are filing based on the primary having filed an I-485.

Well, The NSC processing times are out. They are processing I485 dating March 2007 while I-131 cases retrogressed to June 2006 and EADs are back to Nov 2006! I think there is an error. This is totally messed up. 3 months for I-485 and one year for a travel document. It should be the other way around.
what a mess!

Maverick, I am also EB2, filed from MD, and from India. My question is that when you were called for the 485 stage interview, were you in the name check quicksand?What did they ask you in the interview?Since you mentioned that you were stuck. My 485 RD is July 27,06 and the only LUD was on 1/3/07. Nothing after that. I went for Infopass and the lady told me that FBI has still to complete the namecheck.http://boards.immigration.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad: I told her that I have security clearance from a Federal organization, so why is it taking so long for the check since all these checks were already completed when I had the security clearance( otherwise they would not have let me work on the Fed's project)http://boards.immigration.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:. She had no answer to that!!

Anyways, congrats on the new found freedom and now you can hope( and negotiate) for better job and salary!

Thanks dude. I hope you will be seeing the freedom soon too. To answer your question. Yes, I was stuck in name check at the time I went for the interview. It was actually quite a sad experience. The officer interviewed us.. removed the I-94s which made me think that we were going to get the approval. Then he brought all the required stamps which raised my hopes even more. Then, he turned around and looked into the PC and said... Ooops.. sorry folks.. although your spouse's name check is cleared, you are stuck... and it was one of biggest let down news I had received after seeing so many good signs.. but anyways.. I guess all is well that ends well, right :)

Hi Maverick534,

would you be willing to disclose what was the interview about? like what kind of questions did he ask etc
Thanks for your effort to keep responding even after getting the approval.
Really appreciate you guys.

Thanks dude. I hope you will be seeing the freedom soon too. To answer your question. Yes, I was stuck in name check at the time I went for the interview. It was actually quite a sad experience. The officer interviewed us.. removed the I-94s which made me think that we were going to get the approval. Then he brought all the required stamps which raised my hopes even more. Then, he turned around and looked into the PC and said... Ooops.. sorry folks.. although your spouse's name check is cleared, you are stuck... and it was one of biggest let down news I had received after seeing so many good signs.. but anyways.. I guess all is well that ends well, right :)

Been a silent member of this form for a long time. Thought its time to post
God knows how long do I have to wait but please see the details below.

EB3 India PD Nov 2001 -Sub Labor(CSC)
I-140 - RD June 2005 and AD October 05.
2 EAD's, 2 AP's and applied for the third right now.
I-485 RD June 2005
Feb 07 case transferred to NSC.

Second FP done May 2nd 07.
LUD on 485 on the same day.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.

I called the NSC last month, spoke to a nice rep and gave her all the details and she gave me a Ticket number and said would respond with in 45-60 days.
Wanted to follow up if my case was pending name checks/security checks but did not get a direct reply other than she said that my case is outside the processing window and she will raise a service request for it.

What does this message in 485 mean? Is it standard for every one thats awaiting approval or is it pending in name checks etc?

Thanks Folks.

It means that it is too early to say that there has been any delay on your case, since it was only transferred to NSC in feb 07. You will need to wait at least another mointh before it becomes 'late', and even then your service request may be vague.

Washington Post article on FBI namechecks

As people are becoming aware of the Ombudsman report, there comes more heat on FBI backlog... Well, FBI tells they can build a computer system that helps improving the situation in 2010, they also blaim a disruptive move in 2006; remembering DOL's BEC's we all know that a "move" could easily mean an additional year-long delay... In the mean time, 5,800 people are waiting for more than 4.5 years...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/16/AR2007061601360.html?hpid=topnews

Last edited by a moderator:
NSC processing time for I485 is March 3, 2007 and TSC is March 15, 2007

This really sucks. Looks like my app is not in Name Check for sure.

Pls Advise

My project will be getting over soon and I may have to relocate to a different state.

My question is I will put my current address on 485 and then in a month or 2 if I relocate should I maintain the same given address or I will have to update USCIS of my new address.

Pls help

As a non-US citizen, you must ALWAYS inform USCIS of any address change. You do this formally by filing an AR-11, which can be mailed in but should be done on-line (this gives you an electronic receipt).

You must also -- separate from AR-11 process -- contact the USCIS by phone to give them the new address for each pending petition you have with them. That would include your I-485 as well as I-131 and I-765, if you file these. You should put your current address when you file, and then change the address after you move.

AR-11 is a legal requirement; and contacting the call center is the only practical way to update the address on your outstanding cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pls Advise

My project will be getting over soon and I may have to relocate to a different state.

My question is I will put my current address on 485 and then in a month or 2 if I relocate should I maintain the same given address or I will have to update USCIS of my new address.

Pls help

How to initiate a service request

Can someone please let me know how to initiate a service request. I think there was a telephone number and dialing instructions posted long time ago. can some one please help
thanks

How to initiate a servie request?

Can someone please let me know how to initiate a service request. I think there was a telephone number and dialing instructions posted long time ago. can some one please help
thanks

Updated Processing Dates are coming

Today I spoke to a nice Female IO at NSC, I told her that recently my case become more than 30 days outside of USCIS normal processing time and she started taking that yes those dates were released on 6/15 and we received several calls to check status and that we are working on the dates and new updated dates will be posted shortly, that means there was some error in the dates posted on 6/15.

Without asking anything about my case this nice lady started talking about my case and said that as of 6/18/07 FBI NC still pending for me, but Wife's NC cleared but she can not be approved before me (Primary).IO confirmed that other than NC everythings is good and should not take much time for approval after NC cleared.

Today I spoke to a nice Female IO at NSC, I told her that recently my case become more than 30 days outside of USCIS normal processing time and she started taking that yes those dates were released on 6/15 and we received several calls to check status and that we are working on the dates and new updated dates will be posted shortly, that means there was some error in the dates posted on 6/15.

Without asking anything about my case this nice lady started talking about my case and said that as of 6/18/07 FBI NC still pending for me, but Wife's NC cleared but she can not be approved before me (Primary).IO confirmed that other than NC everythings is good and should not take much time for approval after NC cleared.

Sorry to hear that you are stuck (yes, you are):( . The longer you are in NC, the longer you will now wait. the fact that spouses has cleared means that normal processing on your name did not work. Now all new june/July cases will pile on top of yours.

So sorry.:(