FBI Name Check

unlucky girl,

i thought those letters you mailed out remind them your case, that's why you got your re medical letters last week. am i right? im pretty sure you'r going to get your Re Finger soon after they get your Re 693 form.

hey lawmanfox,
thanks for the reply. first of all congrats on your baby. i am sure u will get ur green card soon. by the way did u do ur medicals in dec 2007 or dec 2008. i cant wiat to get this over with too. its been a real long time since i saw my family. it is like life is on hold and this cant go on for long cause it amounts to a lot of anxiety and frustration. i did my medicals the day before and will probbably be able to pick my results today and mail it to them asap. let us see what happens then. why dont they send both FP and medicals together? beats me....:confused:

hey lawmanfox,
thanks for the reply. first of all congrats on your baby. i am sure u will get ur green card soon. by the way did u do ur medicals in dec 2007 or dec 2008. i cant wiat to get this over with too. its been a real long time since i saw my family. it is like life is on hold and this cant go on for long cause it amounts to a lot of anxiety and frustration. i did my medicals the day before and will probbably be able to pick my results today and mail it to them asap. let us see what happens then. why dont they send both FP and medicals together? beats me....:confused:

Poor girl i totally understood what is your pain which im suffering too. listen to me, just give them 1 extra month to have their job done, then go to court claim it in front of judge, who is much nicer than USCIS BS. I PM you in private about what i gonna do next.. and keep updating here. My major in University was Law so i knew how the system working like.

Hey lawmanfox and unlucky_girl,
Thanks for sharing your updates about your case. I feel like we are facing the same situation. Here is what happen for my case: I applied AOS based on married with US citizen and I was interviewed by an officer at Garden City in Jan 2008. Things went well at the interview but officer told me my case will be approved once the background security check is cleared. I follow my case at Garden City almost every two month after the interview. They were saying my case is still pending for background check. I thought my case is dead.
Until last week, I received a notice about submitting an update of medical exmination. which I did it right after i got the notice and mailed it today. I hope things will go fine. I will keep you updated about my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lawmanfox and unlucky_girl,
Thanks for sharing your updates about your case. I feel like we are facing the same situation. Here is what happen for my case: I applied AOS based on married with US citizen and I was interviewed by an officer at Garden City in Jan 2008. Things went well at the interview but officer told me my case will be approved once the background security check is cleared. I follow my case at Garden City almost every two month after the interview. They were saying my case is still pending for background check. I thought my case is dead.
Until last week, I received a notice about submitting an update of medical exmination. which I did it right after i got the notice and mailed it today. I hope things will go fine. I will keep you updated about my case.

you r gonna get your Re fingers print notice after they receive your Re 693 form, then an extra 90 days waiting time starts count.

you r gonna get your Re fingers print notice after they receive your Re 693 form, then an extra 90 days waiting time starts count.

Does that mean my background check has been cleared? Hopefully no redo finger print.. I think every cases are different. I asked my immigration attorney, he told me there are some clients who submitted an update 693 form. Then, GC comes in the mail around 30 days. Let's keep our fingers cross. Hope for the best!

Does that mean my background check has been cleared? Hopefully no redo finger print.. I think every cases are different. I asked my immigration attorney, he told me there are some clients who submitted an update 693 form. Then, GC comes in the mail around 30 days. Let's keep our fingers cross. Hope for the best!

once your name check gets clear, they send re 693 request first then re FP later.

if ur case is handled in Garden city, 99% u gonna be requested for 2nd finger print coz it only lasts 15 months.

I resubmited my 693 2 months ago now still waiting.

Good luck.

hey lawmanfox,
i think jane is right. it probably depends on the IO. coz as far as i remember waiting2006 did not get either re fp or re medicals and was just approved though he applied before me so his med and fp were lot older than mine and also his case was handled by Garden city too. so i assume it really depends.

just got a call from the uscis office in response to my letters. (see i told u the letter stirs something.....:D). the lady called me to get some info that was not in the letter about when i was interviewed and so on. she then said that the case is in the decision stage and is waiting to be assigned to an officer. i told her that i got a letter for re I693 she noted that down too. and i asked her if i will get a letter for re fingerprint she said most likely yes.

i think in the final stage of the case these letters do help to speed up the case though i would not say that for the earlier stage in the process. of course (very important is that i still have to get the approval ;)but ateast there is progress and most importantly i see it.

just got a call from the uscis office in response to my letters. (see i told u the letter stirs something.....:D). the lady called me to get some info that was not in the letter about when i was interviewed and so on. she then said that the case is in the decision stage and is waiting to be assigned to an officer. i told her that i got a letter for re I693 she noted that down too. and i asked her if i will get a letter for re fingerprint she said most likely yes.

i think in the final stage of the case these letters do help to speed up the case though i would not say that for the earlier stage in the process. of course (very important is that i still have to get the approval ;)but ateast there is progress and most importantly i see it.

i can see that letters you sent out starting to help, you can ask for your Re finger print over inforpass in case it delays your case.

good luck.

got a letter for Fp for the 17th.tried going earlier but they did not let me. will go on the 17th. in the meanwhile got a letter from the ombudsman in response to my letter that he case has been assigned to an IO and that i will receive the decision soon.

Finally, mess was over, it's my day, thanks for all helps and loves came from ppl here:

" Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). CISOMB is an independent office that assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We researched your case and found that on February 9, 2009, USCIS approved your I-485 application. Also, your initial Legal Permanent Resident card is in production. Please allow at 20 days for your card to arrive."

the weird thing is my case online status still remains the same, doesn't get update yet. is it normal? anyone has or sees this happened before?

thanks

got a letter for Fp for the 17th.tried going earlier but they did not let me. will go on the 17th. in the meanwhile got a letter from the ombudsman in response to my letter that he case has been assigned to an IO and that i will receive the decision soon.

yup i had the same experience, they didn't allow me to do that as well, i am sure u gonna get your Card soon, probably within 1 month or around.

hey lawmanfox
congrats! longoverdue though. i am really happy for u. i am going to miss u though in the forum. i will keep u posted. hope u are around for some more time.

hey lawmanfox
congrats! longoverdue though. i am really happy for u. i am going to miss u though in the forum. i will keep u posted. hope u are around for some more time.

Hey unlucky girl, can you please post or send me language you used and where you sent all the letters and to whom. I been waiting for over two years now and no clue what is going on.

Thanks

same thing

Hey unlucky girl, can you please post or send me language you used and where you sent all the letters and to whom. I been waiting for over two years now and no clue what is going on.

Thanks

Hey unlucky_girl,

can you send me too same thing I am struggling with INS its been over a year my case is still same. Thank you.

I haven't received the letter for re Fp yet. However, I got a confirmation from postal office saying that USCIS IO at Garden City have received my redo medical examination 10 days ago.I am anxious everytime I check my mailbox.I hope some good news to arrive soon.