FBI Name Check

Ok Everyone I have good news for all of you!

It is confirmed, they have started approving, even without name check results. I just got my passport stamped.

After the IO stamped my passport, I asked her to check on my name check results.

She was surprised to see that it wasn't completed, and I still got the approval letter. She told me she didn't realize "they" were going to start implementing the new policy so soon.

I asked her about the lack of online updates, she said those didn't matter since my case was approved locally.

So...its happening! Good luck everyone, I'm sure your letters are coming.

Yeah as Jefkorn mentioned. Would you please share the details. When did you apply for your I-485? Did you receive any letter from USCIS asking you to go to your nearest USCIS office? details like that.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Lardbird & LargoLargo.

As far as details:
DO: Tampa
RD was middle of April 07. Interview was middle of July 07. Family based (through spouse)

The letter said that "as of this date, application approved, and card production is ordered, etc." It also said that if I wanted temporary evidence, I can get my passport stamped at the DO.

Like I said in my earlier post, it seemed like they just started this and I must have been one of the first people, based on the reaction of the officer at the window.

I will be glad to answer any other questions you guys may have, just let me know.

hi everyone!

i went to my local uscis office with the new memo twice already... Same answer "Sorry, there is not much we can do right now except you to WAIT"
My case has been pending since nov 06, interview got approved in march 07 since then this name check crap holding me up.... Yesterday the lady at the window seemed nice...
I asked her if the new memo is out already why is it that the local office is not honoring it yet. She told me that they haven't received the regulations on it yet, thats why can't do much.... She printed my case or whatever and told me that she was going to put it on the supervisors desk... I don't know how much thats going to help me .... I am so much happy for ones who are getting cleared finally. All my wishes to you guys for all the help we get around here ....
One question I have, my second fingerprint notice for my EAD is on march 7th ... Is there a way for me to change this date to a sooner date ... its a Code 2 type FP

once again thanks for all you guys out there. Best of luch to all of us

new memo seems to be working

Thought I will add a follow-up post to my previous one.

I went for an InfoPass today to hand in the I-215w I got in the mail. The supervisor signed the I-215w and said she will deliver the form to the right place in the building.

When I asked her about the recent memo on pending name checks, she said that's why I got the affidavit. She said they are going through hundreds of pending cases now, and hopefully I can hear some good news soon. Someone else who works there also commented that they are seeing many I-215w coming in lately, "like snow balls". Apparently, there are also citizenship applicants who got I-215w and came for InfoPass - though their cases should not be affected by the recent memo.

Anyways, I will come back and update if there's anything new. Anyone else who's in the same boat?

Hi all,

Just want to share some progress on my case after my last visit to the local office for I-215w. Today I got an email notification which I *think* means my green card is approved! :D

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service..."

So it seems the name check memo are starting to make some impacts, at least in the San Francisco local office. The best of luck, everyone!

Hi all,

Just want to share some progress on my case after my last visit to the local office for I-215w. Today I got an email notification which I *think* means my green card is approved! :D

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service..."

So it seems the name check memo are starting to make some impacts, at least in the San Francisco local office. The best of luck, everyone!

Lisa,

Congrats...!

I have the exact time line.
ND May 2006
Biometric June 2006
Interview Oct 2006 Approved with NC pending

I did not receive anything so far regarding I-215w. I think FP should also have expired since it is more than 20 months. But I did not receive any FP notice also.

Waiting with some hope now on new Name Check memo.

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone that is finally getting their GC's~ that's great news!!

I have a quick question though- at DH's last Infopass appt he asked the officer why online it said that his case was at the National Benefits Center- but the processing dates for that center don't even list I 485's. The officer said that in fact his case was here at the local office- I guess it's considered the Washington DC office even though it's in Northern VA~

So is that good, bad, or just doesn't matter?

jlz08:

Our case has exactly the same issue. I believe it is because it was originally submitted to NBC (in 04 ours was actually mailed to NBC, now they go there from the Chicago lockbox, get a receipt date and are routed to a DO). The DOs do not seem to update online status, so once it gets transferred, my impression (and my experience) is that you've pretty much seen your last online update.

Our RD is June 2004, interviewed and approved pending NC in Aug 2005. The most recent online update to our 485 was Nov 2004 "fingerprint check has been completed and processing has resumed." Our interim benefits have appeared online but I've never really kept track of the updating. They also would have been routed through NBC.

Hope your case will get moving soon too...as I see your husband's is yet older than my wife's. We have received a FP appt notice and the congressional rep's office advises that our DO (Chicago) is beginning to sort and identify applicable cases.

Good luck,
Lardbird

That's great news for everyone (I have a friend waiting for his case since 06) hopefully this will work for everybody here!

A related question...

When we go submit my wife's fingerprints for the umpteenth time next week, does it mark the last thing they need to issue the card, or will it just kick off a new fingerprint examination by FBI?

Hi all,

Hi Lisa:

I have the same time frame and DO; I got 215w form about 2 weeks ago.
did they call you for re-finger printng? I believe the finger print expires every 15 months. please advise

Congratulations...............
What is Form 215. MY case has been stuck in Los Angeles office for over 4 years now.
Also Since my case has been in the local office I have not see any LUD on that , ever after my interview. Were there any changes in you 485 LUD.
This is really good news to see that Local offices are also initiating case approvals.
Thanks

I think my husband cleared NC!

Looks like my husband cleared namecheck as this is the update we received via email...

This is the latest update we received via email from the USCIS

On February 27, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
:cool:

So his namecheck was initiated on June 10th of 07 so looks like it was about 8 months... not bad considering some of you have been stuck for years! :mad:

Keep the faith everyone...

Does anyone know the change in name check policy will apply to LPR cases filed outside the US as well?
My fathers case is pending name check for almost 10 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Congratulations French Maid!! i had talked to you a while back under another name "mty2000" but i couldnt post anything under that name.....we both had the interview around the same time..and im glad your case is finally approved..i just received the same e-mail last week..cant wait to have that card in hand!! To everyone else..just keep the faith..and best of luck to everyone!

Hi Lisa:

I have the same time frame and DO; I got 215w form about 2 weeks ago.
did they call you for re-finger printng? I believe the finger print expires every 15 months. please advise

No, I have not got any notice for re-fingerprinting yet. I am waiting for the "welcoming" letter in the mail - it should contain more instructions/information if ADIT processing is needed.

Today I got another update to my online case status, which says "card production ordered" and the card should arrive in 30 days. Not sure if this means I won't need to do another fingerprinting.