OCI - New York Tracker

I'm in the same boat.. Mailed mine 2 days ago for stamping.
In addition to the above listed, below extras I included:
- Copy of surrender certificate for each passport
- Copy of the Indian passport: First, last page & pages where it was stamped as "Cancelled"

For (#5) in your list, the post-office suggested me to paste the $18.30 stamp (just one stamp) on the Express Mail envelope.
It was pasted on the "Affix postage stamp here" box on the envelope back cover flap. Also, pasted the From/To address label
on the envelope front.

Hope it helps..

Thanks very much, this was helpful indeed. I mailed everything this morning and did include copies of my stamp-cancelled Indian passport page and SC just like you did. You can't be too careful when dealing with these CGI people and since I paid good money to get that passport cancelled and SC issued, I am going to use it wherever and whenever and as often as I can :). I also did exactly what you did for the return envelope, label and postage. Finally, I sent the entire submitted package inside a Priority Mail legal size envelope which allowed me to include the Express Mail letter size envelope without needing to fold it. I could have submitted everything using an Express Mail legal size envelope but tomorrow is a PO holiday and so it would have reached the CGI-NY only on Monday which is when this Priority Mail envelope will arrive anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phillydude
We have the same situation. It has been over a month now since we have faxed and emailed the Part B page of our sons application with both the parents signatures. We have still not received any acknowledgment on the inquiry screen. Has your wife received the acknowledgment for herself and your son after sending the Part B form. Your response will be helpful.
Thanks
Vivek

I sent my OCI application 1 month ago. Status still says "Application Not acknowledged or wrong passport number". Does it take that long ? I thought some people got acknowledged in 2-3 weeks.

SC : 11/30/2010
OCI applied : 12/3/2010
email from NYCGI: 12/7/2010
Ack date:
Scan date:
reg granted:
doc printed:
dispatched:
reached NYCGI:

I sent my OCI application 1 month ago. Status still says "Application Not acknowledged or wrong passport number". Does it take that long ? I thought some people got acknowledged in 2-3 weeks.

Mine took just over a month to get acknowledged. Reached CGINY 11/8, got acknowledged 12/11.

Hi Phillydude
We have the same situation. It has been over a month now since we have faxed and emailed the Part B page of our sons application with both the parents signatures. We have still not received any acknowledgment on the inquiry screen. Has your wife received the acknowledgment for herself and your son after sending the Part B form. Your response will be helpful.
Thanks
Vivek

No acknowledgement so far. I even sent them an email last week, but haven't received a response. I guess I'll keep waiting, since we don't have any other option.

No acknowledgement so far. I even sent them an email last week, but haven't received a response. I guess I'll keep waiting, since we don't have any other option.

Thanks for the reply. What is frustating is that nobody picks up the phone nor replies to any email. My bank has also informed me that they will not honor the cashiers check if it is recieved after 90 days.If this were to happen then I guess the entire application would be rejected and we would have to restart.

It has been two months now since the application was originally mailed and over a month since we signed,faxed and emailed the Part B form for our son's application.

I think at this point I can just wait and hope that there is acknowledgement of the applications within the next few weeks and also that the Consulate deposits the cashiers check.

Vivek

Thanks for the reply. What is frustating is that nobody picks up the phone nor replies to any email. My bank has also informed me that they will not honor the cashiers check if it is recieved after 90 days.If this were to happen then I guess the entire application would be rejected and we would have to restart.

It has been two months now since the application was originally mailed and over a month since we signed,faxed and emailed the Part B form for our son's application.

I think at this point I can just wait and hope that there is acknowledgement of the applications within the next few weeks and also that the Consulate deposits the cashiers check.

Vivek

Vivek, email that Falguni person and the OCI cell and also cc the Consul General on it. After all, this is what they say to do for unresolved issues. Be professional but forceful in asking for the status on your situation. Explain clearly your concerns about not hearing back after so long after sending the additional info and especially since the cashier's check will be void after 90 days. A question for you: after you faxed the page, did you also mail it to the CGINY? I think not but am wondering whether their fax system is not organized and possibly your faxed page got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks very much, this was helpful indeed. I mailed everything this morning and did include copies of my stamp-cancelled Indian passport page and SC just like you did. You can't be too careful when dealing with these CGI people and since I paid good money to get that passport cancelled and SC issued, I am going to use it wherever and whenever and as often as I can :). I also did exactly what you did for the return envelope, label and postage. Finally, I sent the entire submitted package inside a Priority Mail legal size envelope which allowed me to include the Express Mail letter size envelope without needing to fold it. I could have submitted everything using an Express Mail legal size envelope but tomorrow is a PO holiday and so it would have reached the CGI-NY only on Monday which is when this Priority Mail envelope will arrive anyway.

Received stamped OCI today. Here is the time-line:

07/19/2010 : OCI Application Mailed
07/20/2010 : USPS delivered at CG-NY
12/04/2010 : Acknowledgement
12/04/2010 : Registration Status updated to UnderProcess
12/06/2010 : Photo/Signature Scanned
12/13/2010 : Registration Status changed to: Granted
12/15/2010 : Documents Printed
12/21/2010 : Documents dispatched to concerned mission/office
12/24/2010 : Documents received at New York CGI
12/28/2010 : Passports mailed for stamping
01/04/2010 : stamped Passport + OCI Card Received

Received stamped OCI today. Here is the time-line:

07/19/2010 : OCI Application Mailed
07/20/2010 : USPS delivered at CG-NY
12/04/2010 : Acknowledgement
12/04/2010 : Registration Status updated to UnderProcess
12/06/2010 : Photo/Signature Scanned
12/13/2010 : Registration Status changed to: Granted
12/15/2010 : Documents Printed
12/21/2010 : Documents dispatched to concerned mission/office
12/24/2010 : Documents received at New York CGI
12/28/2010 : Passports mailed for stamping
01/04/2010 : stamped Passport + OCI Card Received

Thanks for that timeline, I'll update with mine once I get our passports and OCI cards back. Did your passport reach the CGINY on 12/29? I was trying to get a sense of how many business days they take to process and send everything back to you.

Thanks for that timeline, I'll update with mine once I get our passports and OCI cards back. Did your passport reach the CGINY on 12/29? I was trying to get a sense of how many business days they take to process and send everything back to you.

Yes, the passport's reached CGINY on 12/29. Average of 2 or 3 business day's it takes, right?

My OCI saga finally comes to a successful conclusion

I am happy to say that today I finally received my and my son's passports back with the OCI visa stamps as well as our OCI booklets. This was one long journey and am just glad that it is all over. My timeline for the OCI:

OCI application received in NY: 11/8/10
Email acknowledging receiving package: 11/10/10
Acknowledgment in system: 12/11/10
Photo/signature scanned: 12/13/10
OCI granted: 12/21/10
OCI printed: 12/21/10
Documents dispatched: 12/24/10
Documents reach NY: 12/31/10
Our US passports received in NY: 1/3/11
Passports, OCI visas, OCI booklets received back: 1/11/11

Good luck to everyone else in your own adventures!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to say that today I finally received my and my son's passports back with the OCI visa stamps as well as our OCI booklets. This was one long journey and am just glad that it is all over. My timeline for the OCI:

OCI application received in NY: 11/8/10
Email acknowledging receiving package: 11/10/10
Acknowledgment in system: 12/11/10
Photo/signature scanned: 12/13/10
OCI granted: 12/21/10
OCI printed: 12/21/10
Documents dispatched: 12/24/10
Documents reach NY: 12/31/10
Our US passports received in NY: 1/3/11
Passports, OCI visas, OCI booklets received back: 1/11/11

Good luck to everyone else in your own adventures!

Congrats and all the best to you too.

Pending OCI applications at CGI New York

I have been waiting for the past month and half after sending the reply to an email for additional information for my sons application. I was able to talk to someone at the Consulate today and she could not give me a status of our application. She said that there are thousands of OCI applications which are pending at this point and that all the applications would be rejected in the next week or two. The Consulate would be asking the applicants to re-apply.

I have been waiting for the past month and half after sending the reply to an email for additional information for my sons application. I was able to talk to someone at the Consulate today and she could not give me a status of our application. She said that there are thousands of OCI applications which are pending at this point and that all the applications would be rejected in the next week or two. The Consulate would be asking the applicants to re-apply.

did she tell why the applications should be rejected?
or they are sending the application back so that everyone can apply thru outsourced agency?

OCI applications rejection

did she tell why the applications should be rejected?
or they are sending the application back so that everyone can apply thru outsourced agency?

No reason given. Nor was I told that I should be applying through outsourced agency. She kept telling me that they do not have much staff

OCI applications with queries at CGI New York

No reason given. Nor was I told that I should be applying through outsourced agency. She kept telling me that they do not have much staff. Just to clarify, she meant that they are rejecting only those OCI applications which are pending due to deficiencies or queries have been sent to the applicant regarding the applications.