Misc. OCI Application Questions

30 copies???

why do u have 30 pages of passport?
they have told to make only first 3 and last page of passport and exclude any with visas.

I think you can staples the copies together and write on the first page..or if you dont feel comfy write on all pages..

same goes for kids passport..

why do u have 30 pages of passport?
they have told to make only first 3 and last page of passport and exclude any with visas.

I think you can staples the copies together and write on the first page..or if you dont feel comfy write on all pages..

same goes for kids passport..

because everywhere there is passport copies (even in indianembassy website or MHA etc.). - so I thought for all the pages.

OCI Online Registration - Security Warning

Hello:

Did anyone get a security warning while trying to access the site to register online - (part A)? I got it.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Guys,

Part B questions of OCI app

15, Have you/member of the family appliced for OCI earlier..
My wife, son and daughter have OCI.
q1)Should I mention all of them?
q2)should I attach copy of their OCI pages?
q3)what is the ref no they ask for?

16. Does the country of applicant permit dual citizenship?
q4)For usa answer is YES?

17.Date and method of qcquisition of us citizenship
q5)Should I send a copy of my nat cert?

Thanks so much in advance..

Anyone?

Thanks

Anyone?

Thanks

For Q15, put the names of the persons, their file/ack#, date, etc. You can get this info from their respective OCI booklets.

For Q16, the answer is 'Yes.'

For Q19., just write 'by naturalization, mmyyyy)' or 'by birth' as the case may be. No need to include copy of naturalization certificate.

akgarg thanks

Thanks akgarg..

I just realized I had applied for my Daughters OCI separately and my wife and son applied together. so I should mention just my daughter correct? because my wife had signed on the family application for herself and my son.

also do I need to send copy of the OCI pages for my daughter? or just info is good?

Thanks again

Thanks akgarg..

I just realized I had applied for my Daughters OCI separately and my wife and son applied together. so I should mention just my daughter correct? because my wife had signed on the family application for herself and my son.

also do I need to send copy of the OCI pages for my daughter? or just info is good?

Thanks again

Well, your wife and son are part of your family, so per the question, I would put all 3. Just the data from their OCI booklets would suffice, no need to send copies.

Part B Signatures

if my wife has a separate PART-B from mine (because her naturalization date is different for question 19), for question 24,

I/We.................

above, should it be her name only? (and not mine)

Signature............. Signature......................

should I sign on either of the 2 signature places?

for my sons also, they are PART-B is different (because their birthdate and by 'BIRTH' are different for question 19), for question 24,

I/We..................

should my son put his name? what should he put under Signature........ Signature......................

because there is a different Signaure of first applicatnt... below.

Please help!!!

Thanks!
Ravi.

if my wife has a separate PART-B from mine (because her naturalization date is different for question 19), for question 24,

I/We.................

above, should it be her name only? (and not mine)

Signature............. Signature......................

should I sign on either of the 2 signature places?

for my sons also, they are PART-B is different (because their birthdate and by 'BIRTH' are different for question 19), for question 24,

I/We..................

should my son put his name? what should he put under Signature........ Signature......................

because there is a different Signaure of first applicatnt... below.

Please help!!!

Thanks!
Ravi.

First, why do you feel the need to start a new thread for every question? This unnecessarily clutters the forum. People will answer your questions even if they are submitted on the same/existing thread. I will be merging all the threads you have started in a single thread called 'Misc OCI application questions."

Second, there is only ONE part B for all the applicants that are filing as a single family. If for a specific question, the answers are different for, say, husband and wife, just list them in multiple lines in the blank space provided. If the space is not sufficient add an additional sheet and put your answers there (with Q# specified). Under I/we, etc. both spouses can sign for themselves and on behalf of the minor children.

Hope this helps.

First, why do you feel the need to start a new thread for every question? This unnecessarily clutters the forum. People will answer your questions even if they are submitted on the same/existing thread. I will be merging all the threads you have started in a single thread called 'Misc OCI application questions."
sorry about that. I noticed that the responses have been very good if I open a new thread. that was the reason.
Second, there is only ONE part B for all the applicants that are filing as a single family. If for a specific question, the answers are different for, say, husband and wife, just list them in multiple lines in the blank space provided. If the space is not sufficient add an additional sheet and put your answers there (with Q# specified). Under I/we, etc. both spouses can sign for themselves and on behalf of the minor children.

Hope this helps.
yeah, it helps. let me work on it this way, then. Thanks!
Ravi.

does NOT make sense

if PART-B is the same for all, how can we fit in both of our kids' names in "I am a parent/guardian of ..... to whom the foregoing" section.

This PART-B doesn't make sense. I cannot believe I can't fill these items out.

also, do I self-attest on the Naturalization certificates?

Just write small or use the white space above the line to overflow your writing... it's not that hard! Yes, the forms could be better designed/formatted, but we have to work with what we have.

Only US passport copies are required, no need to send copies of naturalization certificates.

mistakes in online form

Hi all,
1. I made a minor spelling error in online form which I realized only when I saved and printed the form and after that I went back and filled in the form and printed it again. So I guess there are two online applications of mine in the database. Is THAT OK?

2. But now, after coming to this thread, I have realized I only put in Chennai and not Chennai, Tamilnadu , India for place of birth... Is that okay ?

Please let me know

We applied for OCI as a family. It printed out 4 (page 1-4) pages for everybody included in application with different ref #.
Pg 1 - Part A
Pg 2 to 4 - Part B
From what I gather from the discussion above, part A will be separate for everyone. But part B will be just one, correct? I should just include other applicants' ref # on one part B that printed out for primary applicant? Please advise. Thanking you.

Kumar

We applied for OCI as a family. It printed out 4 (page 1-4) pages for everybody included in application with different ref #.
Pg 1 - Part A
Pg 2 to 4 - Part B
From what I gather from the discussion above, part A will be separate for everyone. But part B will be just one, correct? I should just include other applicants' ref # on one part B that printed out for primary applicant? Please advise. Thanking you.

Kumar

Yes, Part A is separate for each applicant, Part B is common/same for all applicants applying as a family. No need to put ref# on Part B.

Thanks a lot AKGarg for your guidance.

It surprises me why it printed out Part B for the rest of applicants in the same application individually.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Kumar

Q22 - Details of family members. Who should be included? Immediate relatives or uncles, aunts etc. also counted here?

Thanks,

Kumar