Misc. OCI Application Questions

FYI,
I also posted this in the Houston OCI thread.

I sent in my OCI application to Houston in 02-'09. OCI was granted and the documents received at Houston on Apr 21st. I waited for the email to arrive. When it didn't, I sent in my US and Indian passports yesterday.
As luck would have it, I received an email today and besides the usual 'granted' information, the email ends with

"Please do enclose Indian Passports though cancelled".

I had a current Indian PP which I sent, but not the older/cancelled Indian PP.

Should I send this in now or wait to see what happens? I have an upcoming trip to Indian on Jun 7th and am afraid they will hold up the documents until they receive the 'cancelled PPs'. I have sent them an email, but I know that I may not be a response.

Does anyone have experience with this? My gut tells me to send in the cancelled PPs right away. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

general queries about OCI application

1. In Part B, I would like to put down the name of my mum as the closest relative living in India, but as a permanent resident, she spends most of her time in the US (8 months) ...Hence I am not sure whose whether I need to put down any name in the first place or whose name I should put down.

2. What type of self - addressed stamped envelope should we send along with other documents to the Indian Embassy (I am applying from VA)

3. I have their required 3.5 cm by 3.5 cm photograph with a non white background, 80 % of which is covered by my head. My questions is I have one with glasses (no glare) and one without glasses... which one should I send ? My US passport and Naturalization certificate both have my picture with glasses.

4. Are we allowed to go in person and drop it off if we can ? (I live in Northern Virginia and its very easily accessible by a WMATA for me )

5. Can we send one Cashier's Check for $295 (275 + 20 mailing fee) ?

6. I have printed two copies of Part A (and thereby Part B ) and filled out both Part Bs by since I need to send 2 copies... is that all right or should ONE HAVE TO BE a xerox copy

7. Can Part A and Part B be stapled together ? Part B also has instructions starting towards the end of its second page and the instructions go on for three more pages..can I just leave them or should I remove the instructions...

sorry for nitpicking... just want to make sure I am on the right track... thanks in advance

FYI,
........As luck would have it, I received an email today and besides the usual 'granted' information, the email ends with

"Please do enclose Indian Passports though cancelled".

I had a current Indian PP which I sent, but not the older/cancelled Indian PP.

Should I send this in now or wait to see what happens? .......

I think the e-mail refers to your most recent Indian passport (IMHO). You don't have to to send in the older cancelled passports.

The reason they ask for the passport is to make sure your Indian passport is cancelled before issuing OCI.

OCI Form Question ?

Question regarding the online OCI application

Do I have to enter US passport number or Indian passport number?

Nationality -- USA?

Passport No* Indian or US passport??

Issue Date* ??
(DD/MM/YYYY)
Place of Issue ??

Question regarding the online OCI application

Do I have to enter US passport number or Indian passport number?

Nationality -- USA?

Passport No* Indian or US passport??

Issue Date* ??
(DD/MM/YYYY)
Place of Issue ??

Please use the existing thread (Misc. OCI application questions)... I'll merge your question there after some time.

Coming to your questions, since these follow "country of present citizenship,' it should be obvious that they are asking for your US passport details.

OCI application

This is a trivial question. I just want to ask it because I want to make sure that there are no errors in application.
In part B of the application, there are questions with Yes/No as answer. Would it be okay to circle one of those Yes or No as applicable as the answer?
Can you please advise from your experience? Thanks.

Kumar

This is a trivial question. I just want to ask it because I want to make sure that there are no errors in application.
In part B of the application, there are questions with Yes/No as answer. Would it be okay to circle one of those Yes or No as applicable as the answer?
Can you please advise from your experience? Thanks.

Kumar

Yes, just circle the applicable answer.

self attestion means the applciant should sign it right?
But my kid is 2 years old and cannot sign. So what does self attestion for a infant applicant mean?

self attestion means the applciant should sign it right?
But my kid is 2 years old and cannot sign. So what does self attestion for a infant applicant mean?

One parent can sign/self-attest all the copies being included in the application package.

OCI stamping and return

Hello All:

It is quite early to ask this in my case, but for knowledge I am asking this. I sent extra $20 with my application fees for the whole family. How does CGI send the documents back? Fedex? USPS Express? with the money I sent?

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi All:

Just curious how the application are processed. Looking at the threads in forums, some of the applicants have been waiting for quite a while. It may also be true that a lot of people across the globe must be applying for OCI.

Has anyone being asked to provide any additional documentation? If so, how was it asked? I mean, did they tell what was required once the inquiry made by the applicant?

Once application reaches New Delhi, how is it processed? I understand this may be hard to answer.

Thanks,

Kumar

Anybody having issues accessing the online registration today...
I am trying to enter Part A, the site seems to be blocking me out this morning...

For me too. I have been trying yesterday and today with no luck. Everytime, I continue to get 'The page cannot be displayed' error after 5 mins or so.