Misc. OCI Application Questions

I am trying to apply for OCI as a family of four. As suggested by CGI, NY website, if I click on ‘Online Registration’ link through MHA website, it takes to ‘passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp’ that results in ‘The page cannot be displayed’ error. But, I can get to the registration form using the URL ‘ ‘ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp’. So, which one should I be using?

I am sending an email to the SF office to ask them, if we can use the link you found

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent a note to Consulate office in NY and got a reply that there is some problem and they are working on it. There was no comment on when that that will become available and also on whether the ociindia URL can be used. We have to wait till it works, it seems. Does anybody have any other insight?

Sorry to start a new thread.

I am living in the CGI - NY juristiction

I have been trying to register under https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp but has been timing out for last few hours.

Have you guys used the above link or the one below.

http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/Onli...istrationG.jsp

Which is the right one for NY embassy?

Thanks

I would just wait until the workday starts in India and see if someone fixes it. Also, the link provided by the NY consulate (not embassy) is the one you should use.

Dear All:

Question: In your application process at one point, were you contacted by CGI for an issue with the application, e.g. additional document requirement or any question with the application etc? When was that? Was it at the receipt of application at CGI or was it after the application was forwarded to New Delhi?

If so, how were you contacted? Email? Phone? Or Snail mail?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Kumar

Dear All:

Question: In your application process at one point, were you contacted by CGI for an issue with the application, e.g. additional document requirement or any question with the application etc? When was that? Was it at the receipt of application at CGI or was it after the application was forwarded to New Delhi?

If so, how were you contacted? Email? Phone? Or Snail mail?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Kumar

Anyone?

OCI Part A passport Information

I am USA citizen. I was born in India and was migrated to USA 7 years ago. I was filling out Part A of OCI application and i was wondering the section where it asks for Passport No. Date of issue and Place of issue do i suppose to give the Indian passport information or my current US passport information. Thanks for help.

I am USA citizen. I was born in India and was migrated to USA 7 years ago. I was filling out Part A of OCI application and i was wondering the section where it asks for Passport No. Date of issue and Place of issue do i suppose to give the Indian passport information or my current US passport information. Thanks for help.

Please do some looking up before starting a new thread - there is already a thread "Misc OCI application questions" where this question has been asked and answered. See http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=2044687&postcount=41

I'll merge this thread into that one...

OCI form question

What should be the answer for the following question in OCI Part A?

1. Passport NO:
Do we need to write the present passport number or Indian passport number?

What should be the answer for the following question in OCI Part A?

1. Passport NO:
Do we need to write the present passport number or Indian passport number?

Please see the thread 'Misc. OCI Application Questions' - this question has been asked and answered multiple times there.

Why don't you read and follow the instructions? They are quire clear.

Well said. Also, why do people feel the need to start a new thread for every thing that comes to their mind, especially when appropriately named threads exist for almost all types of questions. If we have a new thread for every poster or every query, soon this forum will lose its usefulness. I'll merge it to 'Misc. OCI Application Questions.'

Well said. Also, why do people feel the need to start a new thread for every thing that comes to their mind, especially when appropriately named threads exist for almost all types of questions. If we have a new thread for every poster or every query, soon this forum will lose its usefulness. I'll merge it to 'Misc. OCI Application Questions.'

Hi akgarg,

I have a suggestion for you since you are a moderator. I have observed that on many occasions you have expressed your opposition to creating new threads, and rightly so. I think you can change the settings of the forum to allow only those who have posted at least, say 25, posts to create a new thread. Others will be allowed post in existing threads but not create a new thread. This way you can easily achieve your objective of keeping a few number of threads around but not having to "preach" every time someone opens a new thread.

There are other variants of the suggestion based on a minimum number of days of registration, days of activity, etc. but you get the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Minors Fee

We are a family of 4 needing OCI. I and my wife need just got US passports. My 8 year US born son has a 10 year Indian visa and 2 year son has a PIO card. Based on my situation, I need the following questions clarified:
1. How much is the OCI fee for my 8 year old son who has 10 year visa? Is there any reduced fee for minor kids (less than 18 years old) just like PIO?
If not, will it make sense to apply PIO for $185 and then get it upgraded to OCI for $25 (total of $210) instead of paying $275 for OCI for him.

2. I saw the OCI family application where two adults and 2 kids can apply in one application. Can I use that to apply OCI for 3 of us and upgrade my 2 year old son from PIO to OCI?
Or if there is a seperate application for upgrade.

Please advise ASAP.