TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

The last status on my case is approval notice sent.. yet my lawyers have received the card. I think USCIS may not be putting the card production ordered status anymore.

I got "document mailed to applicant" email on my I-485. Called twice USCIS and both times told by different representatives, that my Green Card is sent. I don't know whether to believe it or not. Did you have that message before it turned out 'approval notice sent'.

thanks

FBI response to Senator/congressman/FL indicated "namecheck currently in process". So they are actually stuck not lost.

I do seem to be loosing my head and way around this GC maze. What is the point in haveing a PD when there will be a yearend lottery and if I can spot the correct door I am out of the maze.

I really wonder whether "in process" means they are looking into one's case or the case is just sitting in their shelf.

While visiting some citizenship forums, some people stated they are stuck in fbi namecheck for 5+ years !

300,000 applications

If you are stuck in name check, good luck...

August 18, 2007
U.S. Agency Is Swamped by Requests for Visas
By JULIA PRESTON
Immigration authorities have received about 300,000 applications for high-skilled-employment visas since July 1, federal officials said yesterday, a deluge unleashed after the federal government first said it would not accept any applications for those visas during July and then reversed course.

Citizenship and Immigration Services, the federal agency, was still receiving applications for employment visas yesterday, the last day of a special period it announced on July 17 for immigrants with professional skills to file petitions for permanent residence visas, known as green cards. As a result, the total tally of applications received in the last six weeks was not available.

The agency admitted it was swamped by the applications it had already received, which was more than double the annual limit of 140,000 employment visas.

According to official figures, in the three months before July the agency received an average of 54,700 applications a month for all green cards, including employment visas and those based on family ties. Applications were already surging then as foreigners sought to file papers before higher processing fees took effect on July 30.

“That is a fantastically high number,” said Carl Shusterman, an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles. Mr. Shusterman said he thought 300,000 was the highest number of employment applications the immigration agency had received in the 31 years he had practiced immigration law.

Presenting their applications did not guarantee that immigrants would receive their green cards quickly, since the annual limit remains the same. All the applications did was ensure the immigrants places on the list for green cards.

The visa roller coaster ride began on June 12, when the State Department announced that visas would be available in July for a variety of professional immigrants. The State Department offers visas, and Citizen and Immigration Services processes applications for them.

Immigrants eligible for employment visas include doctors, nurses and people with advanced degrees and technology skills. Before they can apply, they must obtain certification from the federal government that no American workers are available for their jobs.

After thousands of foreigners hurried to prepare applications, the State Department said abruptly on July 2 that no visas would be available after all because the immigration agency had accelerated its processing and claimed them. After a nationwide outcry from lawyers, at least one lawsuit and a reprimand from Representative Zoe Lofgren, the California Democrat who is chairwoman of an immigration subcommittee, the federal agencies relented on July 17, saying applications would be received for four weeks.

Inundated, Citizenship and Immigration Services has not even been able to notify applicants that their petitions have been received, said Bill Wright, a spokesman for the agency.

The about-face was a relief for thousands of high-skilled immigrants seeking green cards after working in the United States on temporary visas. Once their applications have been officially received, they will have more job mobility and their spouses can apply for work authorization.

"It reinforced my belief in the American way of government," said Satish Kumar, 31, a visa applicant who is a software programmer from India working for a California technology company.

But because of annual limits, the new green card applications will vastly increase backlogs. Most new applicants will still face waits as long as five years before they receive their green cards.

"The root of the problem is the arcane and ridiculous limit on visas for skilled immigrants whom the United States wants," said Murtuza Bahrainwala, 38, an Indian doctor in Decatur, Ill., who applied last month.

GC processing time for Canadian citizens

Hi all - Is GC processing based on country of citizenship or country of birth?For example if a person born in India and aquired Canadian citizenship (thereby not an Indian citizen anymore) has the same processing time like person with Indian citizenship applying for GC?

Any info is grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all - Is GC processing based on country of citizenship or country of birth?For example if a person born in India and aquired Canadian citizenship (thereby not an Indian citizen anymore) has the same processing time like person with Indian citizenship applying for GC?

Any info is grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

processing time is based on the I-485 receipt date.
County of birth ( and not the country of citizenship ) decides the priority date cut-off etc.

Unfolded suspense of the year

Hi,

today I got following message on my I-485

On August 14, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on
this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the
processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing
address so this notice can be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

We are in the same house from past 3 years and we recently got FP appointment letter to the same address. We gave fingerprints on 08/04/07.
after that there is no change in message. When I checked status yesterday night I saw this. We took info pass appointment and went to USCIS at 11:30 today. the officer said he didn't see any activity on my case recently and also told my case was assigned to an officer on Aug 1st. Anybody had the same situation. Please reply.

Mine is EB3 LD : mar 03
I-140 ND : JULY 04
Approved on OCT 04

I-485 ND : JULY 04
FP2 :08/04/07 LUD 08/06/07(no message change),08/07/07((no message change) and 08/14/2007(with above message)

thanks

Hi Guntur,
I have a similar story. On May-17-2007 and June-07-2007, I have received exactly the same messages. I called the recommended telephone and gave my information on the phone. The lady who picked the phone just do not know any thing about my case.
But after almost 50 days, I have received a letter from USCIS with the following contents. I am giving my sequence of events in my case.

May-01-2007 Moved to a new house
May-05-2007 FP done
May-05-2007 Address updated online
May-17-2007 email received from USCIS just like yours stating mail undelivered
May-17-2007 called USCIS promptly like a good boy and gave the information
June-07-2007 email received once again from USCIS as stated above
June-07-2007 called USCIS promptly like a good boy and gave the information
July-18-2007 received a letter from USCIS with the following information
Aug-20-2007 LUD changed for my 485 as well as my wife
------------letter from USCIS starts----------------
Our review indicates that this case is actually within our current processing time. We regret misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our web site for an update or call customer service at the number provided below. All returned documents will be re-mailed. xmo217
------------letter from USCIS ends----------------

I have still not received any letter as stated in the emails of May-17-2007 and June-07-2007, waiting for a letter every day and this has become a unfolded suspense for me so far. I am concerned that this should not hamper my case processing at later stages. I will highly appreciate any feedback on this .

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this nasty feeling that a large number of I485 namechecks which started in 2006 have been lost. Since nobody is really trying to find them, we all will be here a long time. Anybody else think the same way?

Oh Yes... U may be very correct, They told me 3 times that My FBI check was cleared..then suddenly send me a letter that it is pending, Looks like Most of the May-Aug 2006 FBI name checks have been lost!!!

Just be ready for spending few Hundred $$$s for EAD/AP for next 2-3 years

Oh Yes... U may be very correct, They told me 3 times that My FBI check was cleared..then suddenly send me a letter that it is pending, Looks like Most of the May-Aug 2006 FBI name checks have been lost!!!

Just be ready for spending few Hundred $$$s for EAD/AP for next 2-3 years

You mean the IOs are poorly trained ?

Meanwhile anybody knows how many 'bad guys' are caught with current namecheck process ( which screws thousands of innocent and clean people ) ?

You mean the IOs are poorly trained ?

Meanwhile anybody knows how many 'bad guys' are caught with current namecheck process ( which screws thousands of innocent and clean people ) ?

Yea, it is a big number ZERO. A signifanct quantity to scare FBI and USCIS scared to about immigrants.

BUNCH OF BALLONY .. !!!!

Change in Message:
My pending I-485 now reads its waiting pending for STANDARD PROCESSING AT USCIS Office.
What does that mean?? Also there is noi change in LUD
Has anyone got this message lately on their case?

Thanks,

Change in Message:
My pending I-485 now reads its waiting pending for STANDARD PROCESSING AT USCIS Office.

Thanks,
My message reads the same. I didn't notice when did it change to 'STANDARD PROCESSING', have no clue what it means. Also, I have to appologize for my ignorance, but what is LUD?

Processing dates are out...looks like I-485 processing dates moved forward by 2.5 months. Not that they follow the processing dates anyway, but seems like the re-retrogression will help "speed up" the processing at TSC again.

Processing dates are out...looks like I-485 processing dates moved forward by 2.5 months. Not that they follow the processing dates anyway, but seems like the re-retrogression will help "speed up" the processing at TSC again.

Looks like that. Although for those who are waiting because of the namecheck, it won't affect anything.

The huge number of applications submitted to the USCIS during the past two month, has slowed down the EAD processing a lot though. My EAD is still valid, but there are people in my company who are on EAD whose has been expired now! Although 90 days has passed since they applied, they have not received the new EAD, therefore they can't work until the new one comes!

STANDARD PROCESSING AT USCIS Office

Change in Message:

Thanks,

Same thing to my case. LUD changed to 8/19/2007 from 3/27/2005 when it was tarnsfer to TSC.

Yea, it is a big number ZERO. A signifanct quantity to scare FBI and USCIS scared to about immigrants.

BUNCH OF BALLONY .. !!!!

Alright now, got the Infamous letter from FBI saying my case is "In Process".

Should I be happy ?