Non RIR Discussion Only !

Filed LC 4/2003. Finally laywer was sent instructions to post my job in a newspaper. Apparently job add needs to have same wording as job description used to file LC. My lawyer quoted me $3,300 to post the ad!!!

It seems all the money I make goes to immigration process. I almost had my GC through my previous employer. I-140 approved and all. However they would not let me file for I-485 cause they did not want to pay me the prevailing wage. kept me in "Bondage" for a long time and then laid me off. Had to start all over again. I have to also renew my H1B every year. Been working 10 years.
Just goes to show slavery is alive and kicking in the US. Legals are exploited just as much as illegals by coporate America. I am sorry for you, and for so many of us in the same situation.

Labor Approved

Dear All,

My labor status is changed to "CERTIFIED" at the DOL website yesterday. It was approved about 40 days after the recruitment report is sent.

This forum provides so much helpful info and it gives us courage to stick on to the long process of waiting.

Details of my case below:
---------------------------------------------------
Type: EB2, Non-RIR
ETA Case #: P-05144-*****
State: NJ
PD: 10/31/2003
Never made to regional
45-Day Letter Received: 12/14/2005
45-Day Letter Replied: 12/22/2005

Ad Posted on AJB: 11/27/2006
Recruitment Instruction Received: 12/02/2006
Recruitment Ended: 01/18/2006
Recruitment Report Sent: 02/05/2007
Online status show as certified on: 03/15/2007

You have only 45 days to submit RR. You need to hurry up and do something are past 2 months. I suggest you go ahead and send the RR regardless. DBEC must have misplaced your RRI or sent it to wrong address.

Good luck.

CO/NON-RIR/EB3
PD - APRIL,2002
45day - JULY,2005
AJB Ad - 24 Feb 2007
RI - 12 MAR 2007
Recruitment Period - 3/9/2007 tp 4/9/2007.

Well, I am not sure who is the one to drive the next step, DBEC or employer? My employer already done the ads for me. Since the resumes were asked directly send to DBEC, my employer is waiting for DBEC forwarding any resumes DBEC collected and the Recruitment Report Instruction - RRI from DBEC. Although my ads already completed more than 2 months ago, but we have not received any resumes and RRI from DBEC. If we have not received the RRI, could we submit the Recruitment Report?

Any Job Ads from Reinstated(after Withdrawn) cases

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had their Job Ads posted that had the background of "Withdrawn" (per s/w glitch in last Qtr-2006) & then Reinstated.

My PD is Oct, 2001 & still doesn't come up.

Thanks in Advance.

where_gc - thanks - my priority date is June 12th, 2001

thanks where_gc

Congratulations on getting LC. Can you tell us what was your PD?

In addition can someone help me get an estimate as how long will it take after recruitement report is filed fro Non RIR--> RIR conversion cases. My Lawyer is planning to file th ereport by next week.

Appreciate if someone can help me get this info.

Regards,

Certified - but online status shows "In Process"

As per the update from my company lawyer, my labor certification has been certified. :) However the online status still shows "In Process". The screenshot that I received from the info@ email shows the status as "Final Review". Not sure what to believe at this point. I don't think the lawyer would be giving wrong information, considering the fact that my company is a big reputed organization.

Has anyone heard of something like this before ? Then again, this is the PBEC and we've seen some real unusual things happen with them. The question still remains - "Certified" or not. :confused: :confused: I guess I'll wait till I get some kind of confirmation, like the hardcopy of the approval.

Let me know if any of you have heard of something like this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
God Is Great

Friends - After waiting for almost 6 years, since June 2001, my labor is approved.. showed as certified today online.

It took only a week after the recruitment results were sent for online to turn certified from "in process".

After lurking in the labor threads in immigration.com for years, the solace that I received from fellow posters has been gratifying to have kept my life going.

My wait now starts for the next part of the GC saga - the 485 stage where my EB3 date is still not current :-(

Dallas BEC - EB3 RIR remand to Non-RIR
Jan 3, 2007 ad posted in AJB
Feb 20 ad removed
No resumes
recruitment report sent march 9
certified online march 15

Hope and pray sincerely that all of you get your labor cleared soon and start enjoying your more productive part of your lives :)

You deserve it dude, and you got it. God have mercy on all of us, lets pray this weekend that we all be out of this whale mess.

Labordrags

thank you.. i hope you get your labor approved soon..it is hard to see the pain endured by many people waiting for their turn :-(

Labor Certified

It's my turn now to share good news, after almost 6 years Labor got certified. Big thanks to the Lord for HIS faithfulness and also thanks to all of you that have been provide helpfull information through this forum.

ETA Case #: D-0517*-*****
PD: 04/01

Ad Posted on AJB: 12/05/2006
Recruitment Instruction Received: 12/08/2006
ADs Newspaper: 12/20 - 12/22/2006
Recruitment Ended: 01/19/2006
Recruitment Report Sent: 02/15/2007
Online status show as certified on: 03/16/2007 maybe earlier:)

Keep pray and never lose Hope. If you truly believed then you will received. It's just matter of time. God bless you all.

Finally I saw my ad on AJB.
REgarding RI:
Is it necessary to post salary in newspaper ad for 3 days?
How long it takes to get case certified from DBEC once report is submitted?

THANKS

RI Question

REgarding RI:

Yes it is neccessary to post the salary and what my lawyer told me that the ad has to be same as what is posted on AJB.My ad cost my boss $3.247 and i am in the final stages of recruitment.
From what i have seen and heard it can take anywhere from a week to a month once your report is sent in.

Best of luck to us all.

REgarding RI:

THANKS

Yes, you have to post salary in newspaper in newspaper ad. DBEC requires re-advertised if you do not put the salary in your ad. I am not sure about PBEC, just to be safe for unnecessary delay.

I have an interesting case that I need your kind opinions on. I have had a TR case with my employer since June 24, 2003. Things have taken too long and I've been repeatedly approached with attractive job offers overseas. Finally I've decided to take one of those jobs, especially that being a dual citizen of Canada and Egypt gives me some choice.

I put in my resignation this morning, only to receive a call 15 minutes after that my LC is FINALLY being processed!!!!!!! I was speechless for a full 1 minute on the phone! I've waited for this to happen for almost 4 freaking years, and it does happen 15 minutes after deciding to leave my employer and drop the ball!

I went to the AJB and sure enough, my case is finally posted there. My question to all of you is: What next? I talked to my boss and he's willing to retract the resignation if I ask to do so by tomorrow.

Questions:

1- Can you help me project when I should be done with Labor Cert altogether? Days? Weeks? Months?
2- With my PD, how long will it be till I have a GC (1-140, I-485, etc.)?
3- As a Canadian is it worthwhile to get a US GC? Your personal opinions pls.

My details are:

PD: June 24, 2003
Case #: D-05221-xxxxx
AJB: March 9, 2007

1- Can you help me project when I should be done with Labor Cert altogether? Days? Weeks? Months?

My details are:

Basically, your decision should be based on what type of application you have EB2 or EB3. If it's EB2, once your LC is approved you (your employer through your lawyer) will be able to submit applications for I-140 and I-485 concurrently, and you will be able to get permission for you spouse to work, you'll be able to switch employers after 180 days (with some limitatioins and if I-140 is approved) and it may be possible that you'll get your GC in 1-1.5 years (could be less, could be more)

If you have an EB3 case, you won't be able to submitt I-485 until your priority date becomes current (it's in 2002 now and has not moved for a few months) and therefore won't get GC for nobody knows how long.

Also, It could take a few months (or just a couple) before you LC is approved. Nobody knows for sure with the backlog centers.

Hope, this helps.

I have an interesting case that I need your kind opinions on. I have had a TR case with my employer since June 24, 2003. Things have taken too long and I've been repeatedly approached with attractive job offers overseas. Finally I've decided to take one of those jobs, especially that being a dual citizen of Canada and Egypt gives me some choice.

I put in my resignation this morning, only to receive a call 15 minutes after that my LC is FINALLY being processed!!!!!!! I was speechless for a full 1 minute on the phone! I've waited for this to happen for almost 4 freaking years, and it does happen 15 minutes after deciding to leave my employer and drop the ball!

I went to the AJB and sure enough, my case is finally posted there. My question to all of you is: What next? I talked to my boss and he's willing to retract the resignation if I ask to do so by tomorrow.

Questions:

My details are:

I do not think there is any retrogression for citizens from Canada. However your labor might take another 2-3 months to be approved and by then if you are current, you should be able to apply for I140 and 485 simultaneously. I do not think it would take lot of time for that process. I would think you are probably looking at anywhere between 6 months to 1 year for getting a GC.

All,
I appreciate the work that is being done to produce the BEC Tracker spreadsheet with details of all members. Do not mean to promote any other sites here, but thought www.trackitt.com was also good and has an easy way to track any updates. Take a look at it and input your information.

Where to place ads ?

This forum really rocks. Now that something is happening on my case, it's good to know that there's so many people I can share information with.

I got my RI a couple of weeks back and ads are not being placed for my position in a local newspaper as well as my workplace. Does anyone have an authoritative list of where all ads need to be placed ? Are ads in the newspaper (print version only) enough ? I remember reading somewhere that ads also needed to be placed online and in some reputable journal. But I don't remember if that was for PERM/RIR or also TR cases. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------
CA/TR/July 2002/EB2/RI Received 02-24