Non RIR Discussion Only !

I am relatively new to this guys so bear with me. I was told by my lawyer that I am EB2. Does that mean the dates are current for me right now? I am Egyptian. If so and if I do stay current until my LC gets approved, what are my options regarding I-485 etc.?

Thanks much
Yes. It is "CURRENT" for you. Once your labor approved, you can apply for 140 & 485 right away. It might take around one year for the rest of the process.

AJB Ad gone after newspaper ad

Hey Folks - I'm sorry if this is a repeat question. The ads for my position appeared in the newspaper on Sun, Mon and Tue. I looked up AJB yesterday and the ad was still there. But, it's gone today. I know my company had 3 ads and all of them are gone from AJB. Is that the normal case ? :confused:

No ajb Ads today (03/22/07). Why?

I just checked the ajb website & there were no Ads posted today(so far) for Team Exceed. Anybody knows why?

Thanks.

Some progress but DBEC messed up

Finally I saw my ad on AJB (PD Oct 2001) but as usual DBEC messed up with the Salary. They have posted a salary lower than the salary on my Labor Application.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it an issue that needs to be corrected?

I asked my lawyer and he replied "This is the prevailing wage assigned by the government. Don’t worry about it."

AJB and RI details in signature.

Hi NoClue-LaborGC,

Good to know tht yr job Ad made it to ajb. My case is similar (MI/Non-RIR/Oct2001) except that EB3...but not yet on ajb.

I was wondering as to what type of recruitment(name of newpaper, journal etc) you guys were doing & the cost of recruitment. This would help me when I get to that stage.

Thanks in advance for yr reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TR_2002_APR,

What I was asking is there were NO NEW job Ads today.
FYI... My Ad is not on Ajb until now.

Thanks.

My Company Lawyer deals with the case and will not provide me such information. He didn't even inform me that he received RI until I contacted him after seeing my Job ad on AJB.

A couple of my co-workers with PD's a month before mine had their ad's posted in Dec '06 but their case numbers were D-05****. Hope you see your ad soon.

Hi NoClue-LaborGC,

Good to know tht yr job Ad made it to ajb. My case is similar (MI/Non-RIR/Oct2001) except that EB3...but not yet on ajb.

I was wondering as to what type of recruitment(name of newpaper, journal etc) you guys were doing & the cost of recruitment. This would help me when I get to that stage.

Thanks in advance for yr reply.

Labor Substitution !

One of my colleagues' Ad has been posted on AJB. Our job positions and duties are very similar. So, our lawyer wants to utilize his labor certification for me as he has his green card from PERM application. His PD is Feb 2002 (only 3 months after mine). So, I may not lose any time. My case has been a disaster (see my signature for details).

Can anyone tell me of any potential problems by doing this? Also, can someone explain how exactly labor substitution works?

Certified

My labor got certified today.
Best of luck to all of you.

Cheers,
Case Number: 05171-*****
Priority Date : 06/06/2003
Case Type: EB2-TR
Ad Posted on AJB: Dec 2nd 2006.
RI Report Sent: Feb 23rd 2007.
Certified Online: Mar 22nd 2007.

What State?

My labor got certified today.
Best of luck to all of you.

Cheers,
Case Number: 05171-*****
Priority Date : 06/06/2003
Case Type: EB2-TR
Ad Posted on AJB: Dec 2nd 2006.
RI Report Sent: Feb 23rd 2007.
Certified Online: Mar 22nd 2007.

What state was your file originally filed?

Thanks,
TxTramDream

Proposed law changes

I heard that there is a proposed law (not law yet) that would prohibit employees from paying any advertising and recruitment costs. My labor (TR) was filed in 2004. If it becomes law, does it mean I can't pay advertising costs even though I filed labor 3 years ago? Thanks in advance.

RI Received Today

Just received RI and am excited to see some movement in my case. Just checked with HR and ads will be placed on April 2nd.

Gurus, one question on my news paper ad:
Ad text says 'Bachelor's degree in CS/IS' is needed. But what I have is a Master's degree in non-CS descipline plus a diploma in CS. Could this cause any issue later?
Thanks.

CO/NON-RIR/EB3
PD - APRIL,2002
45day - JULY,2005
AJB Ad - 24 Feb 2007
RI - 12 MAR 2007
Recruitment Period - 3/9/2007 to 4/9/2007.

LC Certified

Hello all,

As of today or yesterday my case status is Certified. I don't know details. I still haven't heard from my lawyer and I hope that this is not just an error.
My company converted my case to rir and sent the required documentation in the beginning of March.

Good luck to you all.

Best wishes,
roddy

Today saw my LC job AD published on AJB
--------------------
D-05207-XXXXX
EB3 Non-RIR TX
PD 03/11/2005
45 DL: July 006
AJB AD 3/23/2007
RI: not yet

How to see in AJB?

Hello Guys:

Many thanks for your informed input on many issues. I have a quick question.

How do you guys see that your job has been posted on AJB? I can't seem to differentiate among jobs whether they are from DOL or somewhere else?

Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Guys, I just couldn't believe it: my case showed certified today. It's been 4 years without one day. Thank you all for your support. I wish this hell to end for you soon.

Last edited by a moderator: