2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

EAD & AP renewal

Hi Gurus,

My I485 was filed last May 2006 and my wife's June 2006. So we are nearing our time to renew the EAD and AP paperwork.

Could anyone please help me with some details.

1) How many days in advance do I need to apply?
2) Can I file it myself?
3) What kind of documentation do I require?
4) Do I need to file for fingerprinting as well?
5) Can these paperwork be filed online?

Sorry for so many questions but your help would mean a lot to me.

Thanks a ton in advance...

Hi Gurus,

My I485 was filed last May 2006 and my wife's June 2006. So we are nearing our time to renew the EAD and AP paperwork.

Could anyone please help me with some details.

1) How many days in advance do I need to apply?
Before you could renew before 90 days. Nowadays it takes more time and hence they ask you apply before 120 days. Go through the forums and you can find more information about it.

2) Can I file it myself?
Yes

3) What kind of documentation do I require?
Check this link - http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137247

4) Do I need to file for fingerprinting as well?
You dont need to file for fingerprinting. Check the above thread

5) Can these paperwork be filed online?
Yes. https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/

Sorry for so many questions but your help would mean a lot to me.

Thanks a ton in advance...

Hope it helps.
GCVaruma

I E-Filed mine and my wife's I-765 and I-131 for EAD and AP renewal 2 days ago. The following day morning I have sent out the supporting documentation by overnight FedEx.

But the Receipt number generated by the online filing system, when I try to lookup the status, it says "receipt number" not found.

Could anyone tell me how long does it take to show up in the system. Anyone with efiling experience?

Thanks a lot.

485 transfered to Texas

Today i got a email saying
"we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action....."

I dont know what's going on here.

I have been waiting from May 2005

Our 485 cases transferred today from VSC to TSC

I got emails today - March 7th, from USCIS stating that our 485 cases have been transferred from VSC to Texas Service center as well. From what I found at the local USCIS office in Boston through an Infopass appointment, our case seems to have cleared the FBI name check though I don't know how reliable this information is. Not sure why VSC transferred our cases to TSC. Anyone have an idea on whats going on? Is this good or bad?

EB2 at VSC from New York
LC: FD 08/2001 AD 12/2004
self+spouse 140/485/EAD/AP: RD 12/30/2004 ND 01/19/05
140 approved: 3/2005
LUD: 12/3/2006, 3/7/2007 (transferred from VSC to TSC)

I got emails today - March 7th, from USCIS stating that our 485 cases have been transferred from VSC to Texas Service center as well. From what I found at the local USCIS office in Boston through an Infopass appointment, our case seems to have cleared the FBI name check though I don't know how reliable this information is. Not sure why VSC transferred our cases to TSC. Anyone have an idea on whats going on? Is this good or bad?

EB2 at VSC from New York
LC: FD 08/2001 AD 12/2004
self+spouse 140/485/EAD/AP: RD 12/30/2004 ND 01/19/05
140 approved: 3/2005
LUD: 12/3/2006, 3/7/2007 (transferred from VSC to TSC)

there's a large volume of cases that were filed 2004 and before that were transferred to TSC last week (look for "i-485 transferred" thread). I think that now they are transferring those filed in 2005.

EAD/AP renewal

If one's I-485 application is transferred from VSC to TSC, where should he file his EAD/AP renewal applications? TSC?

there's a large volume of cases that were filed 2004 and before that were transferred to TSC last week (look for "i-485 transferred" thread). I think that now they are transferring those filed in 2005.

I got the same email about the transfer yesterday. I was excited at first thinking that it might imply NC was done but now it doesn't seem to mean anything but literally a transfer to TSC. A number of 2004 cases were transferred last week and now 2005 cases are being transferred this week. Someone whose 485 case transferred to TSC last week got another update a few days later saying the exact same message before the transfer, something like "the case is pending for security check.." Sad..:(

In my experience cases are visible immediately. Not sure what happened to yours. You can wait for notices in the mail or just call them.

I E-Filed mine and my wife's I-765 and I-131 for EAD and AP renewal 2 days ago. The following day morning I have sent out the supporting documentation by overnight FedEx.

But the Receipt number generated by the online filing system, when I try to lookup the status, it says "receipt number" not found.

Could anyone tell me how long does it take to show up in the system. Anyone with efiling experience?

Thanks a lot.

Congrats

My I-140 is finally approved

Congrats ngusev.. You applied in 05/19/05 and it has been close to 2 years for your 140 to be approved. It has been a long wait for you. At least finally you got it approved now. Good for you. I know how it must have been for you to be in EB2 and with your dates current and your 140 not approved. I hope you get your 485 cleared soon.

All the best.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Hi All,
I got the same email, My case also moved from Vermont to Dallas Service center. I was on a vocation didn't check my mails OR 485 Status for few weeks. Today I found this message.
Three months ago one of my friend case move to Dallas service center got approved in few days.

Does any one knows any approval like this.

thanks in advance