US Passport Timeline

check cashed finally

i checked on my online account this morning and i have found out that my cheques have been cashed. at least i can now confirm that my application has been received by the Passport Agency

Got my passport book today via EMS. Everything is right but just my luck, my picture in the passport has a flaw. There is a white spot on my right eyebrow that is as big as the thickness of my eyebrow, basically it looks like there is a void on the right eyebrow.

I don't know if that will be an issue while traveling. I called them and they are worthless. They want me to send the passport at my cost and even then they don't know if they will expedite the processing or overnight the corrected passport. I am traveling early May and not sure what the hell to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was posted today in one of the main Passport Expedite service companies website. I wonder what changes they might be making???

"NOTICE 04/14/2009: Passport Agency Offices across the US are making system changes that are delaying issuance of expedited passports. These delays are intermittent and unpredictable and we cannot anticipate when they are going to occur. It is possible that the turnaround times for passports stated on our website may not be achieved."

Online Status

i checked on my online account this morning and i have found out that my cheques have been cashed. at least i can now confirm that my application has been received by the Passport Agency

i was able to check the status of my passport online. the expected delivery date is 04/21/09. that is 14days from the date of application. this is pretty fast.

I am still unable to see any status for my application :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hope I may be able to track my application

Good luck to us

Able to track my application today :)

The expected delivery date be around 4/19 :)

approx 15 days and not bad.

Will update...

I still can't track my status online :confused:. It says my application was not found.

It has been 3 weeks since I sent it in. The NPIC rep confirmed that they have my application.

I still can't track my status online :confused:. It says my application was not found.

It has been 3 weeks since I sent it in. The NPIC rep confirmed that they have my application.

passport status

My status has changed to "mailed" today. I applied 4/6 at USPS expedited + overnight.

My status has changed to "mailed" today 04/16/09. I applied on 4/7 at the court using regular routine. the tracking number was included. that was pretty fast.

They cashed the check 4 days after I applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the check is cashed, it means NPIC is having your application. They will mail it to you. Did the NPIC rep told you any timeline?

The NPIC rep said thay they are working on my application. As for a timeline, I got the usual spiel about 4-6 weeks for regular processing.