US Passport Timeline

Thanks again visanutz. So it's okay to go ahead and use our son's new name and ssn although the ssn is currently in his old name? Will this not cause some kind of mix up or something with the government?

If you have any document showing the legal name change, use the new name and old SS card.
If you don't have any document, use old name + old SS card. Once you get the passport or name change document, update the name with your health insurance by giving them a copy of the document/passport.

If you have any document showing the legal name change, use the new name and old SS card.
If you don't have any document, use old name + old SS card. Once you get the passport or name change document, update the name with your health insurance by giving them a copy of the document/passport.

We have court order/adoption decree showing name change, and a birth certificate with his new name. Not good enough for the SS folks.

Do you guys know if the online status changes on saturday or sunday? Or just Monday morning? I dont want to waste my time checking it over the weekend if it doesnt update. Thanks!

^^^
Yes, it does. My passport application status changed tonight.

Thanks visanutz , mine changed tonight too but it's going backwards. Now it says 4/17/09 and still currently bring processed (before tonight it said 4/15) Why is the date being pushed back? Does that mean something went wrong?

I hope someone here who can give me advice has followed my story and timeline in this thread. Anyway, early last Wednesday (4/8) a CSR told me it had been put on hold for a couple of hours but then they started processing it again, last Wednesday night a CSR told me it looked like they were almost finished, Thursday (4/9) a person at New Orleans said that the document review was finished and it was waiting to be adjudicated, at that point the online status said "currently processing" with an expected date of 4/15. On Friday afternoon (4/10) the folks in New Orleans said there was nothing new. On Friday night about 9:00, a CSR said that they were working on it again. Then Saturday night the online status date changed to 4/17, it moved 2 days farther away! Is something wrong? I don't understand what's happening and I think I may be having a nervous breakdown.

I don't understand what's happening and I think I may be having a nervous breakdown.
I'm really struggling to see why you are still worrying. From what you have said, the only real rush to get a passport for your newly-adopted son is to update his details with the SSA. Correct? Furthermore, the main reason for wanting these details updated urgently is to get him added to your health insurance. Correct?

If both of my assumptions are correct then the advice that you've been given more than once before still stands:

1. Your son's SSN will not change so there is no need to update anything with the SSA before adding him to your health insurance, and
2. Private health insurance companies (including those through your employer) cannot require you to give them an SSN anyway so even if your son has no SSN and can't get one imminently then he can still be added to your insurance.

Passports Received

My wife and I got our passports last week. My wife has received her Naturalization certificate in a separate mailing. I am yet to receive mine..

Timeline:

Passport Applied : March 20 (Regular)
Passport Received: April 9

online status check for passport ?

Hello all, I applied for passport and passport card through regular service on March 18 via my neighborhood post office... I am expecting mine by the end of this month... I am not traveling until the end of this year so I am not that panicked... but at what time should I call the US passport center ? Also
I see that many of you have been able to chekcyour passport status online... but when I go to travel.state.gov website....and click to check the status of my applciation... it been syaing for the past 10 days that the service is termorarily unavailable due to routine maintainence?

Any suggestions as to how I can check for my passport ?

---------------------------------------------------------
Sent N-400 - 12/05/2008
N-400 recd - 12/08/2008
NOA dated - 12/14/ 2008
Check cashed- 12/16/2008
FP notice dated- 12/19/2008
FP scheduled- 01/08/2009
FP completed- 01/08/2009 (Alexandria ASC)
IL dated - 02/05/2009
IL Recd - 02/07/2009
ID scheduled- 03/17/2009 (Fairfax DO)
Interview held - 03/17/2009 (passed )
Oath scheduled and held - 03/17/2009 (Hurrah!!! )
Naturalized citizen as of - 03/17/2009 (103 days process)
PP/PC application - 03/18/2009
SSA informed - 03/18/2009
pp/pc Rec'd - xx/xx/xxxx
Registered 2 Vote - 03/26/2009
Voter card rec'd - 04/06/2009
OCI applied - xx/xx/xxxx
OCI Rec'd - xx/xx/xxxx

Hi again. I called tonight at 6:00 pm and they gave me a fedex tracking number but told me I wouldn't bevable to track it until after 7:00. Has anyone else heard of that? The tracking number is 16 digits but I fedex were only 12 numbers. Plus when i paud for expedited i thought it would be usps. My online status doesn't show any change.

bluegrass...for fedex omit the last 4 digits of tracking number and you should be able to track it.

Hope it will work. The same happened to me when I sent my documents by fedex and was unable to track it.

as posted by Mr. Vertigo...

Try this link:

https://passportstatus.state.gov/ops..._Status_ip.asp

Hello all, I applied for passport and passport card through regular service on March 18 via my neighborhood post office... I am expecting mine by the end of this month... I am not traveling until the end of this year so I am not that panicked... but at what time should I call the US passport center ? Also
I see that many of you have been able to chekcyour passport status online... but when I go to travel.state.gov website....and click to check the status of my applciation... it been syaing for the past 10 days that the service is termorarily unavailable due to routine maintainence?

Any suggestions as to how I can check for my passport ?

---------------------------------------------------------
Sent N-400 - 12/05/2008
N-400 recd - 12/08/2008
NOA dated - 12/14/ 2008
Check cashed- 12/16/2008
FP notice dated- 12/19/2008
FP scheduled- 01/08/2009
FP completed- 01/08/2009 (Alexandria ASC)
IL dated - 02/05/2009
IL Recd - 02/07/2009
ID scheduled- 03/17/2009 (Fairfax DO)
Interview held - 03/17/2009 (passed )
Oath scheduled and held - 03/17/2009 (Hurrah!!! )
Naturalized citizen as of - 03/17/2009 (103 days process)
PP/PC application - 03/18/2009
SSA informed - 03/18/2009
pp/pc Rec'd - xx/xx/xxxx
Registered 2 Vote - 03/26/2009
Voter card rec'd - 04/06/2009
OCI applied - xx/xx/xxxx
OCI Rec'd - xx/xx/xxxx

bluegrass...for fedex omit the last 4 digits of tracking number and you should be able to track it.

Hope it will work. The same happened to me when I sent my documents by fedex and was unable to track it.

Still doesn't work, have I waited long enough?

Hello Funky Brother...I am glad we are here :)

No they have NOT cashed my checks yet (also checked from my online bank account) :confused:

I called them and they told me that my application is still in process.

I also still cannot get any information from the online system. I get the same msg of application not found in the system.

I guess we have to wait.

Bluegrass...you may call fedex customer service number and they will tell you the update.

Good luck

Vital2006,

any luck with your online status? i can still not get any information when i tried checking the status of my passport on line. checked from my bank account too, my checks have not been cashed yet. i do not know what is happening

Hi again. I called tonight at 6:00 pm and they gave me a fedex tracking number but told me I wouldn't bevable to track it until after 7:00. Has anyone else heard of that? The tracking number is 16 digits but I fedex were only 12 numbers. Plus when i paud for expedited i thought it would be usps. My online status doesn't show any change.

Yes, it's usual with courier services not to start showing package details until 7 or 9 pm on the day of shipment. Lately what I do with Fedex or UPS or USPS number is I just put it in Google, Google figures out which courier service is and provides me with a link to the courier provider.

Okay guys. Help me figure this out. I call NPIC on Monday night at 6:00 and they tell me they have a fedex tracking number for my passport but to wait until after 7 to try to track it. It is a 16 digit number. I try to track all evening and nothing comes up, I call NPIC back at 9:45 pm and they say it says "mailing process" so does that mean maybe it hasn't actually been picked up yet or something? My online status on passport site still says currently being processed. I'm confused.