US Passport Timeline

I applied using the online-fillable-printable forms for the passport. My passport application is past due 4 weeks now. I know it will come one of these days.

absrao,

Congratulations on getting a quick turn around on your passport application. Enjoy the touch-feel-smell of the passport book and also the proud feeling it brings along.

Thx.
thanks orl. you will be done soon. i am off to oci processing. god, there is always next step. not sure what i will be doing without all this work :)

PPB/PPC Applied on 7/27/09 right after Oath ceremony. Expedite and Overnight Delivery

PPB received 8/4/09.

PPB/PPC Applied on 7/27/09 right after Oath ceremony. Expedite and Overnight Delivery

PPB received 8/4/09.
Great! is it colorful with rfid chip? I am trying to see if everyone is getting the same colorful (with lots of quotes) passport. I found it a little ugly but I can live with it ;)

PPCard received today :)

ksam - I got the passport with colors and quotes. Yes, it is ugly. I prefer the old style better. But again, could be just 'resistence to change'. I bet we all will like this new version better than new new version few years down the road. Its electronic passport with special symbol on the cover and hard covers.

Passport cars is cute with all shiny colors and stuff. Ones picture can be seen lot better on the card than the passport book. Many reported and I now know that its little hard to recognize person from the picture on passport book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! is it colorful with rfid chip? I am trying to see if everyone is getting the same colorful (with lots of quotes) passport. I found it a little ugly but I can live with it ;)

It's the same one since 2007. No other variations exist.

Passport Book and Citizenship Naturalization Certificate received today.

Passport Applied: 6 July 2009 (Regular)
Check Cashed: 14 July 2009
Email from Passport Office: 17 July 2009
Update on the website for final processing of Passport: 31 July 2009
Passport Issue Date: 30 July 2009
Passport & Certificate Received: 5 Aug 2009

Congratulations Orl.

Thanks absrao for the greetings.

I really liked the RFID embedded chip passport with the blue cover and all the sheets inside with good art and accompanying quotes.

I'm still waiting for the passport card to arrive any day now.

Good Luck to all in the process of getting the passport book.

Received PP Card and Nat Cert. today.

The nice looking PP Card now goes into the place of GC in my wallet.

Now all set as far as immigration and dealing with the USCIS.

Just one more step (OCI) before I call the waiting game a big quit. And then off to concentrate on other imp. stuff in the life.

Received the Passport Card today. The card is neat but I don't understand why my picture on it is in black and white where as I provided the color picture with the application. Color picture would have been better as the driver license also has a color picture.

Now the interaction with USCIS is complete for time being I will be active on the OCI forum.

Thanks and Good Luck to all.

I applied for my toddler son the passport book and card on 7/22 and receive the PPB on 8/5. Got the BC back on 8/6 and expect to get PPC today.
This is from NYC using normal processing.

On the other hand, I renewed my wife's PP on 7/24 via mail. The check got cashed on 7/28 and until now, the case is not online yet.

Anyone has experience with the timeline of PP renewal?

Received the Passport Card today. The card is neat but I don't understand why my picture on it is in black and white where as I provided the color picture with the application. Color picture would have been better as the driver license also has a color picture.

Now the interaction with USCIS is complete for time being I will be active on the OCI forum.

Thanks and Good Luck to all.
Cool. I personally like the b/w photo as you can figure the person atleast. I think all the *security* features interfere with color photos too much and make them unrecognizable (like the passport book).

I applied for the expedited passport book and passport card on 5 June 2009. The passport arrived on 19th of June and passport card with certificate arrived on 22nd of June. All three documents arrived in separate envelops. The passport application was sent to Seattle passport office.

Congrats Orl, sorry I didn't see your previous questions, I don't log in very often. Anyway I'm glad you got your passport and CNC already:)