US Passport Timeline

Can anyone tell me what this means?

If you applied for both a U.S. Passport Book and a U.S. Passport Card on the same application, the newly issued documents, as well as your returned citizenship evidence, may be mailed to you in separate packages at different times. Therefore, it is possible to receive 3 separate mailings; one with your returned citizenship evidence, one with your newly issued passport book, and one with your newly issued passport card. It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is 1*******.

Please verify pick-up date and time from your Will-Call receipt. Your passport will be ready at that time.

In the event of an emergency and you are unable to pick up your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center with the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application.

It sounds like they think you are going to pick up your passport in person. You may want to call them.

I did ask them to expedite it, so that may be it. But I don't have a pick-up time or anything of the sort. I'm gonna call them tonight as they will just disconnect you if you call them "during busy hours." :mad:

I did ask them to expedite it, so that may be it. But I don't have a pick-up time or anything of the sort. I'm gonna call them tonight as they will just disconnect you if you call them "during busy hours." :mad:
I tried after 4 yesterday. I was able to get CSR. Good Luck

Just checked my bank account and State Dep. has charged my account for an extra $60 for the expedite fee. That means that the request has been accepted by the Chicago Passport Agency and that they're working on the passport. I guess that's why my online status has changed. I'm still on hold with the State Dep. as I want to find out when I'm supposed to pick it up.

PP Application

Dear Forum members,

I am planning to apply for PP next week.

I got Nat Cert today 4/3 after the oath and N-400 online case status still show case received and pending.

Will it impact the delivery of passport or it does not matter??

Thanks for your input.

Dear Forum members,
......I got Nat Cert today 4/3 after the oath and N-400 online case status still show case received and pending.

Will it impact the delivery of passport or it does not matter??

Your N-400 online status should not matter. You are now a US citizen. My N-400 status never got updated either.

I called the State Dep. tonight and was told that my Passport book was produced and ready for pick-up on Monday. Since I already have an appointment for Monday at 11AM, I'm just gonna walk in and pick it up then. Praise Jebus, as Homer Simpson says..

Mr. Vertigo,

Sorry for my ignorance, If someone has applied by regular processing, how can one upgrade to expedite passport request?

Thanks for your input

I called the State Dep. tonight and was told that my Passport book was produced and ready for pick-up on Monday. Since I already have an appointment for Monday at 11AM, I'm just gonna walk in and pick it up then. Praise Jebus, as Homer Simpson says..

Mr. Vertigo,

Sorry for my ignorance, If someone has applied by regular processing, how can one upgrade to expedite passport request?

Thanks for your input

You can't unless you have to travel somewhere and your trip is within 2 weeks. If you meet those conditions, then you would call the State Department (http://travel.state.gov) and ask them to expedite it. But even then it is not certain that they will, as the guys on the phone send a request to the local passport agency and it depends entirely on the agency wether they want to do it or not.

Online Status Available

Am finally able to see my passport application status online. Says should get passport around April 12. I applied on March 20. Not too bad...

Here's the update. My status changed to "application is in final processing stage. I should be getting them on or before 5/9/09". Interesting to see the processing updates over the weekend

almost 3 weeks passed - NO passport - expedite request

I applied on fri -17-2009 expedite request almost 3 weeks passed and no passport :D. I can't check my passport status line -----

Checking the Status of Your Application

The Online Passport Application Status Check is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance.

If you are not traveling in the next 14 days, please return to check the status of your passport application at a later date.
If you are traveling in the next 14 days and need to check the status of a pending passport application, please contact the National Passport Information Center.
Thank you for your cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

It's been like that for the last 10 days. Anyone gets the same massage ?

I got the status

thank you for your response
I got this massage :

U.S. Passport Application Status

If you applied for both a U.S. Passport Book and a U.S. Passport Card on the same application, the newly issued documents, as well as your returned citizenship evidence, may be mailed to you in separate packages at different times. Therefore, it is possible to receive 3 separate mailings; one with your returned citizenship evidence, one with your newly issued passport book, and one with your newly issued passport card. It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is 1xxxxxxxxx
you applied, you requested Expedite Service. :) 2 more days to wait

This means your passport should be delivered on or about 04/08/2009.

5/9/09? That seems pretty distant. When did you apply?
I applied on 3/19 through routine process. It is 7 weeks from my date of application. Quite strange since its out of 4 - 6 weeks. Since they say its on final processing stage, not sure why they need to postpone from 4/8 to 5/9. I will wait and see how this game goes on.

I hope you will get your passport today and will be all set for your trip.

I got the status

I checked my status again this morning 04/06/2009

and i got a new delivered-date haaaaaaaaaaa :eek:
last night was APR-08-2009 and today :

Your passport application locator number is 19xxxxxxxxxx
en you applied, you requested Expedite Service.

This means your passport should be delivered on or about 04/05/2009.

just 8 hours later the status has changed 3 days. I applied on March-17-2009 expedite-service