Timeline - Notice of Action - I-485 San Francisco

Ah7774:
Thank you for you advise. I called the USCIS' National Customer Service Center last week and they told me the San Francisco office is processing appliaction up to 5/6/2003 and the agent told me that I should be receiving a letter within the next 30 days. However, she did not check my record at all. I couldn't find a number where I can call ther SF office directly. I'm not sure if SF office has a number that I can call? Has anyone gone to the SF office personally to check on the status of a case? How early should I go and what do I need to bring besides my receipt? I applied for a second AP back in Oct. 03 timeframe and I received and used it with no problem back in Dec. 03.

Hi sym123,

I dont know the number of SF office.. but I will double check the number on the letter I received ( if there is any). But I do know that SF office has two doors for entrances. one is for the appointment only, the other one is for no appointments. SO I guess for general inquiry that might be it. I will say go there as earlier as you can. cos the line is always very very long..
Also, make sure you dont bring any CAMERA PHONE and PHONE WITH RECORDER and any thing which look dangerous to them. They will ask you to go back and get rid of those and come back again. waste of time, so be prepared!

Originally posted by sym123
Ah7774:
Thank you for you advise. I called the USCIS' National Customer Service Center last week and they told me the San Francisco office is processing appliaction up to 5/6/2003 and the agent told me that I should be receiving a letter within the next 30 days. However, she did not check my record at all. I couldn't find a number where I can call ther SF office directly. I'm not sure if SF office has a number that I can call? Has anyone gone to the SF office personally to check on the status of a case? How early should I go and what do I need to bring besides my receipt? I applied for a second AP back in Oct. 03 timeframe and I received and used it with no problem back in Dec. 03.

the line were long when I was there at 8.30... also, the traffic on 101 is very bad!!! I wake up arounf 7, and left around 7.20 just to be there at 8.30.. ( I came from San Mateo)..

that might give you some idea.

Originally posted by Ah7774
Hi sym123,

I dont know the number of SF office.. but I will double check the number on the letter I received ( if there is any). But I do know that SF office has two doors for entrances. one is for the appointment only, the other one is for no appointments. SO I guess for general inquiry that might be it. I will say go there as earlier as you can. cos the line is always very very long..
Also, make sure you dont bring any CAMERA PHONE and PHONE WITH RECORDER and any thing which look dangerous to them. They will ask you to go back and get rid of those and come back again. waste of time, so be prepared!

I called the National Service Center again today. The customer service agent told me the same thing with regards to the May 6, 2003 processing date at SF office. He also told me that the processing date for each district office is actually posted on the USCIS's website under case status. He instructed me to call back as soon as I see the processing date for SF office jumped to June 7, 2003 and at the time, he can do a status check on my case specifically. I asked whether it makes a difference if I go to the SF office in person to inquire about case status and he says "no".

I guess that's what they can do so far. I knew how it feel of waiting for whole thing. Keep me posted for the following. My friend she is kinda in the same situation like you, I will keep you posted for her progress.

Dont think too much at this point. They have to reply you no matter what, unless they lose the whole file or something. Just wait till date changed on the website and call them.

For the mean time, just get ready for the interview.

Good luck!

Originally posted by sym123
I called the National Service Center again today. The customer service agent told me the same thing with regards to the May 6, 2003 processing date at SF office. He also told me that the processing date for each district office is actually posted on the USCIS's website under case status. He instructed me to call back as soon as I see the processing date for SF office jumped to June 7, 2003 and at the time, he can do a status check on my case specifically. I asked whether it makes a difference if I go to the SF office in person to inquire about case status and he says "no".
;)

Ah7774,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will keep you posted on my status and hopefully your friend will get her interview soon.

I guess that's what they can do so far. I knew how it feel of waiting for whole thing. Keep me posted for the following. My friend she is kinda in the same situation like you, I will keep you posted for her progress.

Dont think too much at this point. They have to reply you no matter what, unless they lose the whole file or something. Just wait till date changed on the website and call them.

For the mean time, just get ready for the interview.

Good luck!

;)

hi sys123,

My friend she called and she told me she got her interview letter ( its going to be on March). however, the letter was sent to her old address, and the post office had forward it to her new address. She said the immigration did not changed her address, even they received her change of address by sending back to by the receipt of notice! goah.
The funny part is, she forgot when she filed for the change of status, cos she was here by student visa, and she is on her practical training year right now ( which is also the year she got married). but the interview arrived earlier than what she expected.

This is the updates of my friends.

I am still waiting for my Conditional GC to come in.. It will take a long while I think.
;)

Hi Ah7774,
Good to hear that you friend received her interview letter. I'm still waiting. Talked to an immigration attorney and she said there's no logical reason explaining why I haven't received my interview letter even though people in similar timeline already had their interivews. She has seen many cases like that before. She also said as soon as I see the processing date jumped to June 7, 2003, I should call the National Service Center and if they couldn't help me, definitely go to the District Office.

hi sys123,

My friend she called and she told me she got her interview letter ( its going to be on March). however, the letter was sent to her old address, and the post office had forward it to her new address. She said the immigration did not changed her address, even they received her change of address by sending back to by the receipt of notice! goah.
The funny part is, she forgot when she filed for the change of status, cos she was here by student visa, and she is on her practical training year right now ( which is also the year she got married). but the interview arrived earlier than what she expected.

This is the updates of my friends.

I am still waiting for my Conditional GC to come in.. It will take a long while I think.
;)

The processing date at the SF Office is now 6/6/2003 as posted on USCIS' website. I called the National Service Center and got mixed feedbacks. The first time I called, the agent told me to go to the SF Office and inquire about the status. I called a second time and another agent asked for my case information and submitted a case status inquiry with the SF Office on my behalf. She said I should hear back via mail within the next 3-4 weeks from the SF Office.

Since I got mixed answer, I felt that I should also go to the SF Office and I went this morning. I got to the SF Office around 8am and finally talked to an Officer around 11am. Basically, the Officer showed me an internal e-mail dated 12/5/2003 saying that the SF Office is interviewing cases for April 2003. I asked whether she has any new updates since Dec. 2003 and she said "NO". I asked her to check on the computer what's my case status and after asking the same question for a few times, she finally "looked" at the computer and said that my case is still pending (I have serious doubt that she did check my case on computer). Finally, she said if I didn't hear anything for another 3 months, I can come back and check on my case status...... Basically the Officer didn't check anything or do anything except for showing me the e-mail she has.

Well, I guess the only thing I can do now is to wait and hopefully I will hear back from the case status check submitted by the National Service Center or an interview letter from SF Office!

hi Sys123,

I am sorry the heard that they are soooo not effective!! I hope the agent you talked to on the phone did her/his job and file a inquiry for you case as he/she claimed. DId you got the agent's number and everything? they shall provide that to you as a proof of work.

It seems that waiting is the only option at this point, and hopfully, you will hear from them in the due time. my personal suggestion is, Do pay too much attention on this for now, it only make you feel worse, unhappy and sometime depress. I went through that cycle, and I am glad that I was able to put this stupid feeling behind and try to adopt the living in USA and being financial indepadant. You gota believe in yourself that there is no reason they wont approve your case, the same way like you have faith in your marriage. I know its easy to say but hard to do, but you think about it, but its really not a thing to make this visa thing to hold you back from doing other things like all those married persons in USA, right?

Make sure you have all the documents you need for the final interview, dont feel bother for being over prepared, so when the date finally comes, you will walk out from the interview with a stamp on your passport.

I know what I said might not be helpful in terms of solve your prob, but I hope thing will get better soon.

PS: Do you have a lawyer? I know lots of people dont believe in lawyer. But as for me, I think its a worthy decision I made, cos the lawyer has to make sure the case will completed, and they are more experiences in dealing the INS. I only spend 100 for the lawyers himself. and that's it.

oops. the lawyer fee was 1000 not 100.. sorry for the mistake.

Also, I just received the weclome notice from them, the actual card will be here in another 3 weeks time.

The funny part is, I received three same letters at once.. which make me wonder what is wrong with their computer system..
:-D

Turbo: that's the latest update from my side. any news from your side?

Congratz

Congratz Ah7774! Unfortunately I have not heard anything from INS. My lawyer suggested that I wait another month..if nothing else he will have to write a letter to inquire. So...will advise all when I have updates. My EAD will expire end of June.

Interview Details....

Got our GC approved on the same day after the interview.

Timeline:
EAD & FP : July 9th 2003
Interview: March 4th'2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to know that you got your case approved!!! Hope you will receive you card really soon.

Turbo-

I received my GC last week, btw, it was not green at all.. hahah.. I will say that it take about 3-4 weeks to get the final card..

I am still waiting to hear from the USCIS for my interview. Filed I-130 and I-485 in May03 and Fingerprinted in July03. I just went aboard for a 2 weeks on a business trip and came back on my advance parole last week. Asked the USCIS Officer at SFO if his computer shows any status of my case and he said their computer has no access to such information.

I wrote to the SF District Office last week to inquire about the status and hopefully I will get something from them within the next few weeks.

Does anyone know what else I can do to to find out what's going on with my case? It seems that some people who filed later than I did already went for an interview. My EAD and Advance Parole will expire in June, should I renew them with the USCIS sometimes soon?

hi Sys123,

I am sorry the heard that they are soooo not effective!! I hope the agent you talked to on the phone did her/his job and file a inquiry for you case as he/she claimed. DId you got the agent's number and everything? they shall provide that to you as a proof of work.

It seems that waiting is the only option at this point, and hopfully, you will hear from them in the due time. my personal suggestion is, Do pay too much attention on this for now, it only make you feel worse, unhappy and sometime depress. I went through that cycle, and I am glad that I was able to put this stupid feeling behind and try to adopt the living in USA and being financial indepadant. You gota believe in yourself that there is no reason they wont approve your case, the same way like you have faith in your marriage. I know its easy to say but hard to do, but you think about it, but its really not a thing to make this visa thing to hold you back from doing other things like all those married persons in USA, right?

Make sure you have all the documents you need for the final interview, dont feel bother for being over prepared, so when the date finally comes, you will walk out from the interview with a stamp on your passport.

I know what I said might not be helpful in terms of solve your prob, but I hope thing will get better soon.

PS: Do you have a lawyer? I know lots of people dont believe in lawyer. But as for me, I think its a worthy decision I made, cos the lawyer has to make sure the case will completed, and they are more experiences in dealing the INS. I only spend 100 for the lawyers himself. and that's it.

Hi Ah7774,

Could you give me your lawyer’s contact info? I am so tired of endless waiting. My family based case was filed April 19, 2002 at San Francisco office. I had interview on Dec. 19, 2002. I have been waiting for the stupid name check since the interview. I probably have to find a good lawyer and possible a lawsuit to speed it up. Thanks a lot.

JICT

My lawyer Name is Henry Hu. You should be able to find his name in Chinese Yellow page. his Number: 1800-500-2888

I am not sure whether its ok to publish his info here. but If I can help. yeah, why not.

Anyone has a same timeline with me? We can keep each other posted.

Mine is

Submitted 02/06/04
Receipt received on 03/09/04
AP and EAD pick up anytime after 03/25/04
FP 03/26/04

Hi Ah7774 & JCIT,

In regards to the immigration lawyer, did you have good experience with him? I am considering retaining an immigration lawyer to follow up on my case since I'm still waiting.

Thanks!