Timeline - Notice of Action - I-485 San Francisco

akinom

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

could anyone help me?

I have sent I-485 application together with all the fees and requested documents on April 2, 2003 to S.F. Office by mail. They have received it on April 3,2003 (according to my return receipt that was sent together with the envelope).

However, I still didn't receive any Notice of Action from them, anything about receiving my application.

Is this normal? It is almost four weeks since I have sent it. They didn't even cashed-out the enclosed checks.

Thanks a lot.

Akinom

notice of action

if you mail your application to the distric office this is normal, all they will do is send you a cash receipt that will contained an A# and the fee you pay for and the aplication number for example:
Doe, Richard, John
A85899776
i 485 255.00
i 131 130.00
i765 120.00
i 130 140.00

toatl ______

it will problably be white sort of like the kind of receipt you recieved at the grocery store, plus one more thing i will come with a piece of paper that will tell you the processing time for your center.

good luck:rolleyes:

Thank you for the info.
It makes me nervous that I still didn't receive anything from them.
I hope it will be mailed soon.

AKinom

Hi, DallaBoyCentral,

Are you sure about your fee?
I remember I131 is $110 and I130 is $130. What if I enclose wrong $$?

---------------------
A85899776
i 485 255.00
i 131 130.00
i765 120.00
i 130 140.00

What form of payment did you used? If you paid via personal check (like I did) you can check to see if they have cashed it.

It took 6 weeks to get mine.

Originally posted by akinom
Hello everyone,

could anyone help me?

I have sent I-485 application together with all the fees and requested documents on April 2, 2003 to S.F. Office by mail. They have received it on April 3,2003 (according to my return receipt that was sent together with the envelope).

However, I still didn't receive any Notice of Action from them, anything about receiving my application.

Is this normal? It is almost four weeks since I have sent it. They didn't even cashed-out the enclosed checks.

Thanks a lot.

Akinom

I sent personal checks and I'm checking my account every day and still nothing. They still didn't cashed-out those checks.
I sent everything by registered mail with return receipt confirmtion. I have the return receipt back, therefore, I know BCIS has received my mail. But otherwise, still nothing from them.
Thanks
Akinom

Hi, I sent my application last week on 4/22 with the following fees:

I-485: $255
I-130: $130
I-131: $110
I-765: $120
Finger-print: $50

Let's keep each other informed by updating the progress in this thread.

Thanks
Let_It_Be

I have paid

I-485: $255
Supplement A to I-485: $1,000
I-765: $120
fingerprints: $50
Total: $1,425

As :soon" as I get the notice, I will inform you.

Thanks

Akinom

Filed on the last week of January, got the Notice of Receipt first week of March, it also had the appointment letter to pickup EAD and fingerprint notice.

Just waiting for the AOS interview letter now... hopefully we'll be scheduled in June.

Originally posted by Let_It_Be
Hi reggiey, how long did it take for you to receive your EAD and AP (if any)?

Thanks.

Hi Let_It_Be,

Just some update info.
BCIS cashed-out my checks today. However, no notice receipt received yet.

Akinom

Update info

Hello,

additional update info.

Just received notice of receipt. However, still doesn't say how long does it take to process I-485.
Received also a notice to pick up EAD anytime after May 9, 2003. At least something.

Akinom

Does anyone know how long is EAD valid?

Hey guys,

Question -- Did you guys file the I-864 (affidavit of support) along with your I-485? I didn't see this form mentioned in any of your posts.. Just wondering. Thanks.

lbern.

Yes, we have submitted all possible documents including the Affidavit of Support with copies of W-2's and tax returns along with Biographic Information, Medical examination report, Birth certificate translation, copy of passport, visa etc.

Akinom