Timeline - Notice of Action - I-485 San Francisco

I-485 processing time

Hello,

it's me again. Does anyone have any idea how long does it take to approve (hopefully) I-485? I didn't receive a notice that says the specific time. The form was filed in San Francisco Office.

Thanks
AKinom

Hi,

They do not give you processing time so that you cannot hold them accountable. I have my AOS filed in San Francisco for more than a year and I am still waiting.

JICT

:mad:

I saw one of your other post that mentioned you were interviewed last December, did the officer tell you anything as far as timeline on when you should receive an answer? If you haven't yet, I strongly advised going to the SF office in person and inquire on the status since other offices are able to adjucate cases (like San Jose) on the spot.

Originally posted by JICT
Hi,

They do not give you processing time so that you cannot hold them accountable. I have my AOS filed in San Francisco for more than a year and I am still waiting.

JICT

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should receive your EAD/Fingerprint and AP (if you applied for it) within the next few days, it only took about 2 days for mine to arrived after they have cashed my checks.

Originally posted by Let_It_Be
Hi Akinom,

The newsest JIT shows that INS is currently processing I-130 of 12/16/02. Refer to the following link,

http://www.usabal.com/processing/pdf/csc050103.pdf

You can also check your case status online through

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp with your WAC number on your receipt.

BTW, INS has cashed the checks on 5/8 of my application mailed on 4/22. Hope to receive the Notice of Action soon.

Best Regards.

Time Frame

Hi reggiey

I also had my EAD and then Finger Printing done on Feb 25th. I haven't heard from INS San Francisco office.Do you have any idea how much time it takes to get AOS interview notice??

I also applied for AP sepeartely.In the Advance Parole application from I specified the Start date of Travel and Duration (1 month) as per my lawyer advice. INS accordingly gave me Advance Parole valid for 1 month only. How can I get AP for lets say 6month-1Year validity.

Thanks

Re: Time Frame

You are about a month ahead of me, last time I heard, all those who filed last December got May interview dates, I'm not sure where they are at right now but still hoping that I'll get an interview by June/July.

Sorry, I didn't apply for advance parole so I have no idea how to go about requesting a longer one.

Originally posted by j12ungli
Hi reggiey

I also had my EAD and then Finger Printing done on Feb 25th. I haven't heard from INS San Francisco office.Do you have any idea how much time it takes to get AOS interview notice??

I also applied for AP sepeartely.In the Advance Parole application from I specified the Start date of Travel and Duration (1 month) as per my lawyer advice. INS accordingly gave me Advance Parole valid for 1 month only. How can I get AP for lets say 6month-1Year validity.

Thanks

Just want to post an update of my I-130 based I-485:

Application sent: 04/22/03
Checks cashed: 05/07/03
Notice of Receipt: 05/27/03
To get EAD & AP: after 06/05/03
To be finger-printed: after 06/19/03

I also have an EAD and I-485 pending with my employer and have an AP. Finger-print was done once on Mar with employer's application. It will be interesting to see if INS issues 2 EADs and 2 APs.

Moving...

Hi Guys,

I am moving on June 24th to another apartment in the same area.
My EAD and Finger printing was done on Feb 25th, 2003. I haven't received AOS interview letter.I am not sure what to do?
INS San Francisco office has sent a change of address form when they sent receipt letter.

1. Kindly advise when to send this Change of Address form.

2. Will the INS letter gets forwared to new address as other
letters does ?

3. How to verify that the INS has changed the address ?

4. Is it better to file the change of address through my lawyer ?

Any help will be appreciated?

New timeline....

In case anyone is interested, I just filed at the SanFran office.

Application sent: 06/11/03
Checks cashed: Not yet

I also have an EAD and I-485 pending with my employer and have an AP.

If anyone expresses any interest, I'll update the dates as they become available.

Ciao!

CanMan

Hi DallasboyCentral

"it will problably be white sort of like the kind of receipt you recieved at the grocery store, plus one more thing i will come with a piece of paper that will tell you the processing time for your center. "

One question

I got the samething from Houston INS.A small recipt showing
fees and A #.

So we don't get any receipt notice like having a SRC...number
or something like that.

Thanks

Hi akinom

Did you get a WAC number with the receipt.

I did the samething ...sent my 485/765 to Houston INS.
Just got a receipt showing all the $ amount.

No SRC number.Just curious.

Thanks

I don't get a WAC # either. I guess for local case they only assign A#. My company attorney did tell me if I have an existing A# (through my company application), I should include it in family based application. INS did use the same A# on the Notice of Receipt.

So, I guess A# is all you need since it doesn't go through CSC, TSC, etc.

Canman, please keep us posted, since we are on the same boat.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I have applied for family based GC in SFO District office
on basis of citizen spouse on 05/17/03. BCIS received our application on that day.

Nothing heard from them. Sent exact amount for fees in
Cashiers checks, but they haven't cashed yet.

If anyone know the latest timeline going on please keep
posting. I will post if any updates in my case.

Update

Just want to post an update of my I-130 based I-485:

Application sent: 06/11/03
Checks cashed: 06/23/03

Hope this helps!

Social Security Card

Hello,

another update from me.
I have received my SS card yesterday. I have applied on May 30, 2003 (California, Hayward), so it took about three weeks to get it.

About the green card:
I have sent all the papers with checks April 1st, received a letter of acceptance a month later. The processing time in SF for family based petitions (category F1) is 7-8 months (according to an imm. officer I have spoken with). Hopefully, I'll get my GC in december.

Akinom