Timeline - Notice of Action - I-485 San Francisco

I-485 approval update

I had my interview done on August @INS SF. Approval notice received within 2 weeks as told by INS officer.

I-485 Application - Start of Nov 2002
Receipt - Feb 2003 (very late..)
EAD - Mid of Feb 2003
FP - End of Feb 2003
Interview Notice - Mid of Jul 2003
Interview - Mid Aug 2003
Approval - Mid Aug 2003

Hope this helps. Once you get your interview letter, just make sure all the documents are ready. This will be specified in the interview letter. I am sure you know all these but Important Docs are : Marriage photograph (better with family but we didn't have one) , Joint Lease + Tax + insurance + bank account , Letter from both the parents (especially US Citizen), Employment letter (both or at least one who is sponsoring). You dont need to have all of them.Thats all. In my case the lady was very disciplined and she went through all the important documents which establish legitimate marriage.

Ready to answer, how/where you met, who proposed,have you met US Citizen family members, any photograph, vacation taken together (if yes any proof photo/ticket etc..), who was present in the marriage (photograph etc.), marriage date.date of last entry & status at entry.

The purpose of the interview is only to check if the marriage is legitimate.

All the best.

Any Idea?

Any idea when I should expect to get my interview, or any good web sites that display times at the SF office? Here are my details:

Application sent: 06/11/03
Checks cashed: 06/23/03
Receipt received 07/25
Fingerprinting Aug 7

Thanks!

Re: Any Idea?

Originally posted by CanMan
Any idea when I should expect to get my interview, or any good web sites that display times at the SF office? Here are my details:

Application sent: 06/11/03
Checks cashed: 06/23/03
Receipt received 07/25
Fingerprinting Aug 7

Thanks!

This is just my guesstimate but it looks like you might have your interview April/May 2004.

We filed in January and still waiting for the interview notice.

San Francisco Update 12/2/03

Just in case anyone is wondering (as I was on pins and needles the last few weeks), here is an update on the current times at San Francisco:

Sent Packet 10/27/03
Received at BCIS - 10/29/03
Checks Cleared 10/31/03
Notice Date 11/25/03
EAD/Advance Parole Pickup - Any Tuesday after 12/08/03
Fingerprinting 12/9/03

Did any one get their interview scheduled letters???????
Please update.
My EAD and FP were done on July 8th and 9th '2003.

Thanks.

Interview Letter received

I have received an interview letter today for appt on 2/18. My family based file has been merged with the employment based file by INS in July. The requirement letter is requesting evidence of employment, etc. and nothing of the family based

However I believe the interview timeline is consistent with what it shows on the gov website. You can look for my filing info in earlier post in this thread.

Re: Interview Letter received

I got my interview letter for 2/9.. but it required a bunch of documents to be provided.. is that standard?
Oh, yeah, I got my work permit during June, and finger print during July.. and finally the interview is coming! just about I was about to put everything behind my head and look for a new job.. here it is!

Originally posted by Let_It_Be
I have received an interview letter today for appt on 2/18. My family based file has been merged with the employment based file by INS in July. The requirement letter is requesting evidence of employment, etc. and nothing of the family based

However I believe the interview timeline is consistent with what it shows on the gov website. You can look for my filing info in earlier post in this thread.
:rolleyes:

I filed my AOS on 6/12/03
received EAD on 8/4/03.

I still haven't received interview letter. Just wondering if anyone applied around that period who have received interview letter from San Francisco Office?

I filed a month earlier than you do, and I received the letter of interview notice last month ( like 2 weeks ago). I think you shall be getting your letter soon.
My lawyer said that it takes at least 10 months before you got your letter.. they are getting slower compare to last year.

So dont worry too much!
:)

I just came back from my interview. I was really worried and stress for the pass few days, and the interview went really smooth!! And I got the stamp right after my interview is finished! We arrived 20 min earlier, and they called us right away. There were two officers in the room.. and the whole place look pretty friendly to me ( not like a room with white walls and stuff). One went through all the questions on the form we file ( I think its 485) and marked changes if there is any ( thing like did you have a job now, your social No.... ). she will also ask us the questions in between like" how did you guys meet? what you like about your spuses?" what's her/her favourite dishes?" because I stay over for a month with my I94, so she asked me why. my husband said " because I dont want to let her go... and we want to find time to get married".. and all others questions about how we live our life together " like how many people live with you, name the name", " when is your spouse's birthday? did you celebrate?" " how old is your spouse?". the other officer were just sitting there and looking at us, and also looking at the photos and the documents which have our both name on it. Because my husband is self-employed, so we really dont have much doc with both name on, just our car insurances, health insurances, the leases and one credit card.. I remember the last question she asked was " what's your husband's name?". I laugh and said it out lound, even I feel really strange. Then she pulll out that very important stamp and said" ok, I am going to approve your case today!" and she explain to me its a conditiional GC, and when I shall be expecting it in my mail box, and that it is!!
it took like 30 min I think for the whole interview, the experiences are much better than what I was expecting.

So good luck for all in the future!

;)

Interview in SF

I also had the interview this morning 2/9. For those that are having interivews in SF (sansome street) be prepare to arrive at least 30 minutes earlier. There was a long line when we got there. My appt time was 9:20am..and because of several reasons we didn't get in until almost 10am. And don't bring your phone if it has a built in camera. We had to get rid of our phone ( bring across the street and have the store keep it for a fee.) We then had to put our appt. letter in the box and wait again to have your name called. The actual time we got called was passed 10:20am. the interview took about 30-40 min. The lady didn't asked us too many questions. She asked me when i first enter the US. Which was long time ago. And then I had to put on piece of paper what my status is each time I entered. I was an E-2 with family then changed to F-1 and then H-1. At that time she asked my husband to assembly the documents we bring and put inside the envelops. During the times she will pop up questions for him such as : when did you guys meet, when you got married, when did you proposed,..etc. In the mean time we had to update our biographic information with current address/employer. After we get the assembled documents to her she then briefly reviewed and take out the duplicate ones and any thing that she doesnt need. She asked if we took any trips together after marriage or photos after marriage. Unfortunately we didn't have any photos after marriage to show her. The ones we brought were copies of digital images and the qualities are very poor. We had some before marriage photos but she was not interested in those. She later want a copy of all my I-20s. I brought the originals but not copies because Ididn't think she will need that ( I already had copy of approval F-1 letter). So she said I can go outside make those copies and then gave me a envelop where I put the copies in and a documents to get inside the building again. I was to drop those off at the drop box and that concludes the interview. She didn't ask for my EAd card or any other documents. I also had bank statements and insurance information that she didn't look at. She said just put them with the I-20s and inside the envelope and she will review. And I will receive written notice in the mail. I have mix feeling about this interivew. Does anyone had similar experience?? I have heard that if they are okay with everything they will stamp the passport right there. But that is not the case for us. Please share your stories. Thank you. :confused:

Here is my timeline:

AOS Application sent: May 11, 2003
EAD Received: middle of June
Fingerpring: First week of July

Still haven't received any interview letter from BCIS. I noticed that some people that has similar timeline already went to an interview. Anyone else in smilar timeline still waiting? I'm a bit worry.

Originally posted by sym123
Here is my timeline:

Still haven't received any interview letter from BCIS. I noticed that some people that has similar timeline already went to an interview. Anyone else in smilar timeline still waiting? I'm a bit worry.

I was fingerprinted on August 7, and am also still waiting. I don't expect to hear back until April or May, so it sounds like you won't hear back until March or April.

Hope this helps!

Turbo:

My interview was at 9.50, but we arrived earlier. so we got called for interview earlier. However, when I was waiting in the line to get in, I did saw a couple ( they were in front of me) had to go back to their car to get rid of their camera phone. .. ( is that you?)
I got stamp right after the interview, so I guess they do stamp people on the spot.
DId you have a lawyer? it might be best to consult your lawyer. I have a lawyer who gave me a lot of advise ( cos I kept asking him questions), who also prepared for all the documents for me, however, I decided not to have him go acompany us for the interview.
The two people who did our interview went in the same fashion like what you had, except she did not mention anything about " putting the documents into the envelope". Also, I brought all the origional documents alone with me, and made copies for each on of them. My feeling is that they want to see you are fully prepared ( or even 125% prepared) and you are very very sincere about this interview. COs the lady was only checking the origional documents, and collected all the copies that she needed. My photos are all done by digital camera, the print out quality is really bad!!! but I dont think they care. but we had taken photos with my parents and his relative before, they asked who they are, and I think that was a big help.
I was here on a B2 visa, and I did overstay for a while.. and my husband, when then time we met he was still in a previous relationship. so the officer was very concerned about this part. But I guess I gave her a honet explaination..
Sorry I can not be much helpful.. :(

INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED......

Hi Everyone,

I was also worried so much until today since who had similar
timeline like mine already had their interviews. Anyway
here are my details:

FP: July 8th 2003
EAD: July 9th 2003
Interview letter received today
Scheduled for : March 4th 2004.

I had address changed in between but they sent it to the
correct updated address. I hope everyone will be receiving their letters soon....Good Luck.

Hi Ah7774,

Yeah that is probably us. :) funny..is a small world. I didn't bring my lawyer because I think we will do okay. We were alittle bit un-organized. However I am still optimistic because the Officer didn't ask too many questions just making sure we got all the documents required. My lawyer also thinks she probably just want more time to review and since she didn't give us a hard time or any hard question it is a good sign. She didn't even want to see any pictures before marriage. My husband and I both don't care about taking pictures. I still have a roll of film from over a year ago I didn't finish taking. The pictures I brought are all digital print out from other people's camera or posting on the web, which I have no control over the quality. So I will just have to wait for a letter in the mail , which should arrive about 1 month as my lawyer advised. I will keep you all updated when I receive any notice. At this point is really nothing I can do right now. :) by the way congratulations!! Let me know when you get the card in the mail we all have idea when to expect. :p

Timeline

FYI:

I filed my AOS on 6/12/03
received EAD on 8/4/03.

I got my interview letter yesterday 2/11. Interview day Mar 9.
Thank you for ppl who explained in detail about the INTERVIEW. Great Help~

Sym123.

IF you are worried.. maybe you can call them or visit the office and ask? I dont know.. but it seems that you and I have filed for the same time. and we had EAD and fingerprint around the same time too..
There are lots of possiabilities why you have not got the interview notice.. thing like you changed your address. they are simply getting slower now. or they lose it. I dont know, I am just thinking what could happend. but I guess there is no harm to ask them and find out what is going on, right?

Originally posted by sym123
Here is my timeline:

Turbo,

yeah, what a small world!! Thanks, me and my hunband were very happy this thing is finally settled. ALl the best for your next interview. I will keep you posted once I got the card!

Originally posted by Turbo
Hi Ah7774,

Yeah that is probably us. :) funny..is a small world. I didn't bring my lawyer because I think we will do okay. We were alittle bit un-organized. However I am still optimistic because the Officer didn't ask too many questions just making sure we got all the documents required. My lawyer also thinks she probably just want more time to review and since she didn't give us a hard time or any hard question it is a good sign. She didn't even want to see any pictures before marriage. My husband and I both don't care about taking pictures. I still have a roll of film from over a year ago I didn't finish taking. The pictures I brought are all digital print out from other people's camera or posting on the web, which I have no control over the quality. So I will just have to wait for a letter in the mail , which should arrive about 1 month as my lawyer advised. I will keep you all updated when I receive any notice. At this point is really nothing I can do right now. :) by the way congratulations!! Let me know when you get the card in the mail we all have idea when to expect. :p