Timeline - Notice of Action - I-485 San Francisco

Hi all,
I also filed my I130,I485, I765 through SF Office..

application Sent date: 5/19/03.
Status unknown.
Waiting for notice for EAD card. I was told by lawyer they will send out notice in 4-6 weeks after filing. Is this timeline pretty close??

Thanks.

EAD, I-485 San Francisco

Hi Turbo,

I have received a notice of acception my application a month after I sent it. The envelope also included the pick-up notice for my EAD. The date was any friday after May 9th. Application submitted on April 2nd. So, yes, your lawyer is right. It took 4 weeks to get it. Don't worry. :)

Akinom

to vsvidya:

since our applications are filed around the same time (mine is mailed on 5/19). I was wondering if you got any notice yet?? It is the fifth week already. Please share. I

No we haven't received any letter from BCIS, still waiting.
But one good news for me is my bank told me today that
they have cashed the cashier's checks on June 13th.

I will surely keep updating here.

rec'd notice

The lawyer office called me today and said they have received the receipt from BCIS. The notice asked me to pick up the EAD card after 7/9/03 and have finger print done on 7/10/03.
Applications filed in SF office on 5/20/03.

Same thing for me too...
Received notice yesterday.
EAD to pick up after July 8th.
Fingerprinting scheduled for July 9th.

Great news indeed! Someone from the other forum just got her interview notice too, glad to hear that there are atleast some activity from the SF office.

reggiey

Hi reggiey

I also had my EAD and then Finger Printing done on Feb 25th. I haven't heard from INS San Francisco office.I remember you telling that you also applied at the same time. Did you get the interview notice or know anything about it?

Thanks

No, I haven't received the interview notice but have seen a few folks from the other forum posted that they got their interview notice for later this month, so this is good news knowing there are some activity atleast in the SF office as the last one I heard was from March.

Does anyone know what happens (procedure and timeline) after the AOS interview? I haven't got my interview yet but am wondering whether you actually get a stamp in the passport on the interview day or have to wait for some time before you can stamp the passport (and if so, how long is the wait).

EAD

This is little away from the topics going on right now about interviews...but just would like to update once.

Fingerprints done and picked up EAD at SFO office today.
Though the waiting time is little frustrating like 2 and half
hours, but nice to see the EAD card. So everything went fine
and now joining the group of people waiting for interviews.

Re: EAD

Congrats! That was odd, when I picked up my EAD last March it only took about 45 minutes, I showed the guard the letter so I didn't have to wait in the long line, placed my paper on the tray, waited about 25 minutes in the big room, then another 10 on the small room and that was it.

Someone just got their interview notice today (fingerprint date was from February) for 7-28, I had my fingerprint done on March so I'm hoping that I'll get my interview notice soon.

Originally posted by vsvidya
This is little away from the topics going on right now about interviews...but just would like to update once.

Fingerprints done and picked up EAD at SFO office today.
Though the waiting time is little frustrating like 2 and half
hours, but nice to see the EAD card. So everything went fine
and now joining the group of people waiting for interviews.

Finger Print Fee

Hi,

I sent in my I-130, I-485 & etc last week. I didn't know that there is an extra $50 for FP. Dose anyone know what will happen?

Thanks,
Yan

The person who had the interview says that they did get the stamp in their passport so this is really great news.

Originally posted by GCH
Does anyone know what happens (procedure and timeline) after the AOS interview? I haven't got my interview yet but am wondering whether you actually get a stamp in the passport on the interview day or have to wait for some time before you can stamp the passport (and if so, how long is the wait).

Just another update folks!

Someone who had their interview today also got the stamp on their passport together with the approval letter.

Wooohooo!!! Good luck to everyone and please post your experience when you get a chance.

Update

Update
Just want to post an update of my I-130 based I-485:

Application sent: 06/11/03
Checks cashed: 06/23/03
Receipt received 07/25
Fingerprinting to happen on Aug 7

Hope this helps!

Interview

Hi
I also got my interview letter last week to appear @ INS in 2nd of week of August.My FP date was Feb 25th,2003. Hope it will help you for INS SF timeline.

My wife is a teacher and our interview date is the first date of her new class in Fall.So our lawyer is re-scheduling the interview .Hope it doesn't effect a lot in the future interview date.
If any one has any experience or knowhow, let me know so that I
can take special precaution.

Fortunatly my change of address was correctly recorded since we just moved a month back to the new apartments.

Thanks

go to the distric office

if you sent all application i 130, 1485, i765, i 131... it has been more than 90 days than you sholuld go to the local distric office and inquire cuase they should have already send you your work permit and Advance parol ........at this time you have to make a trip there with your return receipt, and copyis of the cancelled check or money orders.

let me know how it goes

Re: Interview

Thanks for the update. My finger print was done about a month after yours so it looks like mid September for me... I hope so (my fingers crossed)!

Originally posted by j12ungli
Hi
I also got my interview letter last week to appear @ INS in 2nd of week of August.My FP date was Feb 25th,2003. Hope it will help you for INS SF timeline.

My wife is a teacher and our interview date is the first date of her new class in Fall.So our lawyer is re-scheduling the interview .Hope it doesn't effect a lot in the future interview date.
If any one has any experience or knowhow, let me know so that I
can take special precaution.

Fortunatly my change of address was correctly recorded since we just moved a month back to the new apartments.

Thanks