someone please help

Seems more like intolerant of people of other colors...but cheers to those of you who can look past this and still be helpful. I would have left the moment he posted his reasons for wanting to leave.

the hell? how do you figure?

lol um no

have u been to toronto? its the most multicultural city in the world...50% of the people in the city are foreign born...and we have massive amounts of pakistanis, chinese and jamaicans..not that im racist but i just dont like the mixing of all these cultures..especially when none of them even like each other. all my jamaican friends HATE pakistani people here.

Um, did you forget you wrote this?

that doesnt make me racist...did i say i dont like the cultures? NO
You said you didn't like the "mixing" of them...sounds suspiciously like people who used to argue against miscegenation.

Anyway, even if you don't think you're racist, you've said things that can be construed as such, so you might just want to watch what you say in the future. Just a thought.

You said you didn't like the "mixing" of them...sounds suspiciously like people who used to argue against miscegenation.

Anyway, even if you don't think you're racist, you've said things that can be construed as such, so you might just want to watch what you say in the future. Just a thought.

lol @ you getting mad.

if i just have a bachelors can any company sponsor me?

Yes, but the question you should be asking is not "can they", but "will they"? The majority of companies will not sponsor, especially not for a recent graduate who is essentially an unproven and fungible commodity.

lol @ you getting mad.

El-Oh-El at you typing like a chat-room kiddie. If you want to eventually be sponsored by an employer (in the future I may add) I suggest not filling your resume with those silly overused internet acronyms (lol, u, omg). I've sat in my boss' office laughing at the resumes of those who use such silly slang or stupid email addresses like "rapstud69@email.com".

You need to reconsider what you want to do here. You're talking about moving to a different country, dealing with visas / green cards. Like TheRealCanadian or whomever said it, you need to get your degree in Canada, have a year or two of related work experience (no, a McDonald's French Fry chef is not related work experience) THEN look at coming here. I would be confident to say that is what most of us here have done (myself included).

You want to be here so badly for what? Because you hate multiculturalism? Did you meet a girl on a chat room and want to be here so bad for her? (Trust me i've read many stories about that where people meet other people on chat rooms and move to the U.S. just to be with their chat-room partner). I am from Toronto originally myself and the multiculturalism is what makes Toronto an excellent city and gives it the rich diversity that makes Toronto a fun city to be in.

I think you need to listen to the advise of the posters here and reconsider your plan, at least for now.

C.J

I know of some that have been able to get and use their OPT while doing their nursing degrees after only completing their first year of schooling.

was it, perhaps, CPT (not OPT)? Because I have done both, and CPT is for pre-completion, while OPT is for post-completion (with an exception for graduate students).

was it, perhaps, CPT (not OPT)? Because I have done both, and CPT is for pre-completion, while OPT is for post-completion (with an exception for graduate students).

Hmmm... maybe. What's the difference? Can you use both CPT and OPT for the same undergraduate degree? Actually the same 2 year Associates Degree?

thats good news then...and i dont need a company to sponsor me right away, ill have time to look because im going to go down on a TN1 visa first.

By this do you mean you'll come into the US on a TN, then go to school?

You just don't get it. You need the education before you can get the TN. And you will need a company to sponsor the TN!

Hmmm... maybe. What's the difference? Can you use both CPT and OPT for the same undergraduate degree? Actually the same 2 year Associates Degree?

they are not the same thing. Curricular practical training is used while you are still in school, and you have to register full-time. You most often have to take a special internship/problems class for it and get graded on it. CPT can be part- or full-time, and you must actually work during CPT. A CPT work permit is issued by your international Center.

OPT- is for post-completion, you can only go to school part-time (and it has to be the same program), and it has to be either a full-time employment or "actively looking for employment" stage. EAD for OPT is issued by USCIS.

You can use both for the same degree, but if you accumulate more than 12 months of full-time CPT, you will not longer be eligible for OPT.

You can use both for the same degree, but if you accumulate more than 12 months of full-time CPT, you will not longer be eligible for OPT.

Ok - thanks. Maybe it was CPT. Seeing as you seem to know about it, what if you only accumulate 4 months of CPT? Does that mean you only have 8 months of OPT left to use? Is it a total of 12 months combined for both CPT and OPT?

By this do you mean you'll come into the US on a TN, then go to school?

You just don't get it. You need the education before you can get the TN. And you will need a company to sponsor the TN!

i know i need a job to get a TN1....Im going to go to school on a student visa first, then stay on a tourist visa for 6 months looking for a job...then once i find a job ill get the TN1 visa, and look for a company that will sponsor me if that one wont...and if not then ill just stay on a TN1 visa until my sister can sponsor me.