Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcmetro22042 said:
When was the last labor approved from regional office? Is regional labor clearance a lengthy process or a just a check-list process?

It's taking a lot of time. Check the dates they are working on - RIR is at Sept 03 and non-RIR is at Mar 03. We are hoping backlog reduction cntrs will speed things up considerably.

Goodluck with your decision.

Hi

Does that mean no one after Sep 2003 RD for RIR at regional has got any approvals?

Thanks
loma

spidey said:
It's taking a lot of time. Check the dates they are working on - RIR is at Sept 03 and non-RIR is at Mar 03. We are hoping backlog reduction cntrs will speed things up considerably.

Hi Spidey, where did u see that Phily DOL is processing Sept'03 RIR cases? Please share the source.

antonioa77 said:
Orissa,

I completly agree with u. wekll actually there will be more than 300000 I140/I485 applied because we should remenber that many people have dependants (spuse and kids) which means that let's say out of 300000 applications 200000 got LC approved those when getting to USCIS they will apply for at least 300000 to 600000 applications of I140/I485 which means USCIS will be backlogged by a number of applications of 300000 to 600000 persons in a short time. furthermore, the whole visa numbers available in 1 yr for employment based green card is 140000.
which means guys green card will take forever and we r dreaming about having any hope before another 4 to 5 years.
regards,

am I missing something here, as far as last information provided by tomshu, philly backlogged by 11000 cases, even if all those cases employer replied to yes to letter BRC going to send, we'll be having 11000 moving to VSC for I-140/485, then how come number of application become 300000 to 600000 :confused:

Answer to DCMetro

The actual decision of approval or denial is with the regional and not at the SESA level.

The SESA never says, it is approved at the state level and hence we are forwarding to the regional. The only responsibility SESA has is to look for consistencey of the data provided and verify the DOT code and the salary and then simply forward the file to the regional. In non-RIR cases, they have to assist/guide the employer through the Advertising process.

Which is why at the state level, it always says "forwarded to DOL" and never a certified or denied.

Hope this helps.

spidey said:

RIR in Sep?? Thats great, if we can confirm it. (I couldn't)

It means DOL has moved 3 months in as many weeks since the beginning of this month. Can you tell us where you found this out from?

Link to BRC

Guys,
I emailed my lawyer asking about the Backlog Reduction Centre and moving all the Cases from Philly DOL to BRC and his answer to my question was that "he hasnt heard anything about the BRC and asking me for the link"..I was really surprised to hear this back from my lawyer..Could you guys please help me in sending the link for the BRC and also about the cases being moved from Philly DOL to BRC...

Thanks,

RahulatDC said:
am I missing something here, as far as last information provided by tomshu, philly backlogged by 11000 cases, even if all those cases employer replied to yes to letter BRC going to send, we'll be having 11000 moving to VSC for I-140/485, then how come number of application become 300000 to 600000 :confused:

Hi,

Well the total number of backlog in DOL nationwide not just in philadelphia is around 300000. the BRC r set to clear all the cases for the next coming years all around USA not just Phili, phili is the start. hope I answered ur question.

Hello All
Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier post regarding my priority dates. I have sent an email to my lawyer and havent heard back from him yet. Meanwhile just like my fellow labor certification applicants I shall wait till my destiny grants me labor approval.

Just a thought came to my mind , how much time do these people spend actually working on an application. I bet its not more than 30 minutes.

thanks and good luck to all.

Pineapple said:
RIR in Sep?? Thats great, if we can confirm it. (I couldn't)

It means DOL has moved 3 months in as many weeks since the beginning of this month. Can you tell us where you found this out from?

My apologies, I misread (not just misquoted) - correction July 03 NOT Sept 03.

For a moment my hopes went up

:( For a moment my hopes went up thinking my case would be addressed soon. Well! Anything thats too good to be true is indeed too good to be true

dcmetro22042 said:
Folks: What really happens when an application is sent to the regional office. I am looking into an opportunity where the state has already been approved and its sitting in regional for few months (maybe over 6) now. Need to get more details I know but all I know is that original LC was applied in State in Sep '02 which was approved and sent to Regional. Give past experience, what is the prob that regional gets denied when state has been approved. What does Regional approval mean? Is it a mere checklist item or another lengthy approval process.

I want to ideally get in the company when regional is also approved but there is pressure and opportunity is from a very reliable source and quite good. I would be giving up my current process (which was applied last yr (April'03 in Regular LC). Therefore this might mean I can cut abt 1 and a half in my GC proces.. Your thoughts shall be appreciated.

Can someone please answer my Qs above. Really need ur help to figure this one out.

dcmetro22042 said:
Can someone please answer my Qs above. Really need ur help to figure this one out.
dcmetro,
The state looks at the prevailing wage issues and the application goes thru a checklist only at the fed (like recruiment process, layoff's, Education issues etc(carlson memo)).
Post this in the general labor forum, u will get more input.
--murali

Wrong DOT Code

When i check my case in the AVM it gives me a wrong DOT code like iam a database person or something when I am a software developer. My lawyers secreatary told me its nothing to worry about as its some internal thingie with them.
Should i take this up more seriously or is it a minor technical flaw.

My Theory

I think even if the priority dates cease to be current we will only benefit from that. Tell me my understanding of these issues is wrong.
Most of us filed at least a year or year and a half ago. I filed 2 yrs + 4 months ago. Currently we have a situation that people from other states who filed much later are moving ahead of us in the queue. At least we can now hope that we will get our later stages done faster as we have been in the queue longer already.
I think 245i's dont affect us anymore. Philly was very fast even when the 245is were coming out. I think the major problem began with forum shopping.
So those numbers have hurt us already and may not touch us later.
My only concern is that if priority dates are not current can we still file for 7th year extension.

Sameer

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

I came became aware of the http://www.flcdatacenter.com/website where one can check if a company sent petitions for H1B and Labor Disclosure Data). How often is this data updated? I see that last it was updated was in Jan'04!
Also, an emloyer told me that they applied for labor for an empoyee in 2002 but I do not see it there.
Is there a possibility that the data on that website be incomplete?

Brc

I checked with my lawyer about the BRC issue that tomshu brought up. She emailed American Immigration Lawyers Association (which most of your lawyers would be a member of) and got a reply two days later, and AILA says what tomshu posted is further along the info it has got, but it will be getting a more complete briefing on 10/8.

jiangnan said:
I checked with my lawyer about the BRC issue that tomshu brought up. She emailed American Immigration Lawyers Association (which most of your lawyers would be a member of) and got a reply two days later, and AILA says what tomshu posted is further along the info it has got, but it will be getting a more complete briefing on 10/8.

Jiangnan,

Please expalin what will happend on october 8?

Thanks

orissa

Status
Not open for further replies.