Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BRC going to update Phily DOL case status line ??

OR

Is there any new number to call to find out case status ???

tomshu said:

OK, OK, I just opened my HOT-LINE again. The message I received from the officer is:
1/. The BRC is starting working on all the pending cases.
2/. About 83 personals, which is about one-third of the total, have been hired in BRC.
3/. All the pending cases from Phil regional DOL have been trasferred to the Phil BRC, details are as following:
a/. BRC will enter all the pending cases' data to the computer database
b/. While entering the data, the BRC will send letters to all the employers to ask wheather they intend to continue their employee's application.
c/. Once a confirm letter the applicant's employer is received, this case will be processed.
d/. Cases will be processed according to the case_num order.
e/. The Phil regional DOL pending cases will be processed first.​
4/. BRC is expecting to receiving employers' responses within the next two to three weeks.

I hope the above information will help all you guys to clear some frustrations. :)

I think that is a very encouraging sign. Though it clearlu reflects it is going to be sometime before we see any results. Since first the letter has to go out then the lawyer has to respond ( which could be few days to few weeks) then the case will be processed by case number. I think we can hope for some movement by th end of the year

pinkubenu said:
Is BRC going to update Phily DOL case status line ??

OR

Is there any new number to call to find out case status ???

That I did not ask, but I guess they should follow the rules already setup.
I do not think there are any other numbers available for finding out the case status.

Hope DOL updates the tel line status with "letter sent" OR something like that instead of just received.
So that we can follow up with our employer / lawyer.

Are RIR as well as Regular cases likely to be transferred to the BRC? The whole process is likely to add up processing times rather than reduce it.

When should we check with the lawyer

They are entering our data into the system? Didn't Philly Regional office already have our info in their system? Why cannot they use that? Looks like rework for me. Unless philly has always been totally paperwork based.

Anyway, I'm just wondering when we should check with our lawyers to verify about the letter. If our lawyers start to receive these letters, we can verify that this is really happening.

tomshu said:

OK, OK, I just opened my HOT-LINE again. The message I received from the officer is:
1/. The BRC is starting working on all the pending cases.
2/. About 83 personals, which is about one-third of the total, have been hired in BRC.
3/. All the pending cases from Phil regional DOL have been trasferred to the Phil BRC, details are as following:
a/. BRC is entering all the pending cases' data to the computer database system.
b/. While entering the data, the BRC will send letters to all the employers to ask wheather they intend to continue their employee's application.
c/. Once a confirmation letter from the applicant's employer is received, this case will be processed.
d/. Cases will be processed according to the case_num order.
e/. The Phil regional DOL pending cases will be processed first.​
4/. BRC is expecting to receive employers' responses within the next two to three weeks.

I hope the above information will help all you guys to clear some frustrations. :)

Hello Tomshu,
Thank you very much for the update. Only with the letters they will reduce the backlog, i am sure thre are a lot of cases the are not going to be responde. I am confident that this will hepl us all.
Good luck to al of us :D :D :D :D

when I checked with my lawyer to see if my case would be considered for BRC, she did mention that atty's would receive letters for cases that were moved to BRC from Phily..she has promised that she would inform me when they receive the letter...shall keep u guys posted...
Choclito said:
Hello Tomshu,
Thank you very much for the update. Only with the letters they will reduce the backlog, i am sure thre are a lot of cases the are not going to be responde. I am confident that this will hepl us all.
Good luck to al of us :D :D :D :D

Backlog

Many of the company already shutdown, many LC aspirant already left the country (specially pak for registartion finger printing). During April 2001 many samll business filed hundreds of phony LC, then law enforcment crack down some of them, for example kooritzky.

I personally know couple of small restaurant already shut down because of federal investigation. I ask them what happend to your employee's LC application did you withdraw, some them replied " we do not want put our self in more problem".

So I reached to a conclusion that when BRC (Backlog Reduction Center) start sending letters to employer about 25% fake or no reply. In fact as per DOL (Department Of Labor) there are now 300,000 LC pending, I guess within a month or so it might be reduced to 200,000 or 250,000. Which will a little hope for long LC aspirant like all of us here in this forum.

Thanks

orissa

orissa said:
So I reached to a conclusion that when BRC (Backlog Reduction Center) start sending letters to employer about 25% fake or no reply. In fact as per DOL (Department Of Labor) there are now 300,000 LC pending, I guess within a month or so it might be reduced to 200,000 or 250,000. Which will a little hope for long LC aspirant like all of us here in this forum.

Per tomshu information, they gonna send letter and wait for few weeks for reply and then start working basis on case numbers, now whole this process take atleast couple of months to complete, my optimistic guess atleast 2-3 months, means we are not going to see any progress for next 2-3 months :(

RahulatDC said:
Per tomshu information, they gonna send letter and wait for few weeks for reply and then start working basis on case numbers, now whole this process take atleast couple of months to complete, my optimistic guess atleast 2-3 months, means we are not going to see any progress for next 2-3 months :(

I think you misunderstood it. It's:
While the BRC entering individual's data to the database system, they'll send letters for those individuals in the meantime rather than after entering all the data then sending all the 300000 letters.
Also all the cases will be processed finishing from one DOL to another DOL rather than processing all the DOLs' cases together. By the way there are about 11000 cases in Phil Regional DOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
" BRC is expecting to receive employers' responses within the next two to three weeks.
"

Does that mean that the letters have already been sent out for the first few applicants?

tomshu said:

:) 83 personals, which is about one-third of the total :beers:

Are they gonna recruit 250 guyz, now how long this 250 guyz take to finish up all philly 11000 cases, seems like this forum is going to flood with approval news :up:

will the BRC pick up the state levels backlog?

hi,

ok now that the backlog centers began, r those BRC supposed later to clear the backlog on the states levels or just on the regional one?

regards,
TA

Thanks, Tomshu,

You've been a great help to everyone!!

What Tomshu says is credible because it makes sense. If you remember (or if you dont, its ok, but its a fact :) ), when San Francisco and other Cal. SESAs started their own private backlog reduction plan last year - I mean apart from the general BRC jingbang - they first started out with sending letters to employers to check if they want to persue the LCs filed. This is to make sure that they spend time working on LCs which are actually relevant/desired by employees rather than waste time on unwanted/not relevant LCs.
So this letter sending thing does have a well established precedent.

As for me, I guess after waiting for such a long time, a few weeks is not going to hurt... but then thats just me...

Please help!

Hey guys

I know I am a little off topic here, but I would really appreciate any help.

My labor was filed more than 2 yrs ago (it will take another 6 months or so for MD SESA to get to my case). When my lawyer filed my labor, he advertized for my position only once in newspaper on a week-day (most classifieds are published in the Sunday edition). I am worried that labor department might say that advertisement was not enough. If my company readvertizes my position in paper now for 3-4 weeks, would that be helpful if I get a NOF on this issue? What other action I can take to save time later on? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

buke said:
Hey guys

I know I am a little off topic here, but I would really appreciate any help.

My labor was filed more than 2 yrs ago (it will take another 6 months or so for MD SESA to get to my case). When my lawyer filed my labor, he advertized for my position only once in newspaper on a week-day (most classifieds are published in the Sunday edition). I am worried that labor department might say that advertisement was not enough. If my company readvertizes my position in paper now for 3-4 weeks, would that be helpful if I get a NOF on this issue? What other action I can take to save time later on? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hey buke,

Although I am sure you'll get a plethora of advice here, that question is best answered by your lawyer. I suggest you talk to your lawyer about that one for optimal results.

spidey

spidey said:
Hey buke,

Although I am sure you'll get a plethora of advice here, that question is best answered by your lawyer. I suggest you talk to your lawyer about that one for optimal results.

spidey

I think lawyer is my main problem. He is an idiot (I realized that after signing my contract with him). His fees were less compared to other lawyers, that is why I went with him. Now I am repenting that day. It is so true that you get what you pay for. i am thinking if i had a good lawyer, he would have known how to do things properly so that there are no issues later on.

I am hoping that someone on this forum would be able to suggest me the right actions to take so that if there are any issues later on, I am prepared for those. Thanks.

Pineapple said:
Thanks, Tomshu,

You've been a great help to everyone!!

What Tomshu says is credible because it makes sense. If you remember (or if you dont, its ok, but its a fact :) ), when San Francisco and other Cal. SESAs started their own private backlog reduction plan last year - I mean apart from the general BRC jingbang - they first started out with sending letters to employers to check if they want to persue the LCs filed. This is to make sure that they spend time working on LCs which are actually relevant/desired by employees rather than waste time on unwanted/not relevant LCs.
So this letter sending thing does have a well established precedent.

As for me, I guess after waiting for such a long time, a few weeks is not going to hurt... but then thats just me...

You're most welcome! I just hope everyone can communicate each other with some meaningful information rather than with only frustration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.